Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone share what they are spending on these tints and PPF. I am getting XR Plus for all the windows (roof too) for $1000 and want to see the average. PPF I am not too worried because I heard it is roughly $5000 but still curious for others on here.
I called E1 AutoSpa… it’s $6200 cash for the complete PPF, ceramic coating, Xpel tint, and coating the wheels. Where are you getting the tint done? I found a place in Boca that’s $400 for the windows, plus another $400 for the roof using Xpel Prime.

Can anyone share what they are spending on these tints and PPF. I am getting XR Plus for all the windows (roof too) for $1000 and want to see the average. PPF I am not too worried because I heard it is roughly $5000 but still curious for others on here.

5500 for ppf WITH paint correction prior to PPF. It's a multi step process that takes quote a bit of time. Major part of the prep work and as we all know, Tesla paint and clear isn't the best.
500 for sides and back glass
300 for windshield
250 for sun roof
400 for wheels off ceramic coating/suspension
450 for interior ceramic coating
1300 ceramic coating, waived/free if you do full PPF.

I think what's more important to me over price is Mario's communication with me. I've been getting daily updates, videos and photos and he's taught me so much about all of this. Price aside, I'm willing to pay a premium for the level of service I've received.

Picking her up on Saturday, will post pics

Last edited:
I called E1 AutoSpa… it’s $6200 cash for the complete PPF, ceramic coating, Xpel tint, and coating the wheels. Where are you getting the tint done? I found a place in Boca that’s $400 for the windows, plus another $400 for the roof using Xpel Prime.
Auto Paint Guard | Paint Protection Film | Tampa, FL apparently one of the best for Tesla in my location.

Paint Protection Film (PPF): PPF is designed to help minimize damage from rock chips, love bugs, and road debris. For a safe and cleaner install, we use XPEL templates that have been modified to wrap edges where applicable. We also use XPEL Ultimate Plus film that comes with a 10-year warranty.
Half Front: 24” Hood, Fenders, Mirrors, Bumper - $850

Full front: Full Hood, Full Fenders, Mirrors, Bumper - $1700 (Most Popular) (Free care kit - $50 value)

Highway package: Full Front, Rockers, Pillars and Behind Rear Wheels - $2125 (Free care kit - $50 value)

Entire vehicle: $5150 (Free care kit - $50 value)

Other options:
  • Headlights and fog lights - $150 (Highly recommended)
  • A-pillar to top of windshield - $125
  • Rockers with behind rear wheels - $400
  • Rear luggage kit - $75
  • Interior pieces - $75
  • Rear bumper - $400
  • 4 Doors with wrapped edges - $1200
  • 4 Doors, with rear fenders, full A-pillars - $2400
  • Trunk lid and hatch - $750
  • Entire car in Stealth (Satin- Matte) - $5700

Paint Correction – Ceramic Coatings: The paint correction process removes light surface scratches, swirl marks and blemishes. This process however does NOT repair rock chips. Once the paint has been corrected and PPF has been applied, the ceramic coating is applied to increase the gloss and shine allowing for easier cleanings. From our testing we like Gtechniq and XPEL coatings.

· Light polish – multi level correction with 7-year Crystal Serum Ultra & EXO - $1600 - $2000.
· Coating on entire car that has been covered with film - $1000
· Wheels and calipers - $400

Window Tint:
For Tesla owners, we recommend ceramic or infrared (IR) window films for maximum heat rejection. All windows including the back will be installed in one piece by a master window tint professional with over 28 years of experience. All film manufacturers provide a Lifetime warranty. We also offer 3M films.

Two Fronts Only:
  • XPEL Prime XR (Ceramic) - $150 (50-55% heat rejection)
  • XPEL Prime XR Plus (Ceramic & IR) - $200 (98% IR Rejection)
Sides and Back:
  • Suntek CXP (Nano-hybrid) - $350 (53-55% heat rejection)
  • XPEL Prime XR (Ceramic) - $450 (50-55% heat rejection)
  • 3M Ceramic IR Series (Ceramic & IR) - $500 (88% IR Rejection
  • XPEL Prime XR Plus (Ceramic & IR) - $550 (98% IR Rejection)
Windshields in Clear:
  • XPEL Prime XR Plus (Ceramic & IR) - $250

Reactions: winfield100
Good! I was just next to an identical looking black x with tints and it looked nice. Of course I ordered a y but I can dream right ? A friend went to gables location and said there was tons of cars there so they are coming in. Where did you order from dadeland or gables ?
Any update on the edd or what happened ? My date is still 9-5 to 9-23 I hope I get my vin next week. This is torture.

Auto Paint Guard | Paint Protection Film | Tampa, FL apparently one of the best for Tesla in my location.

Paint Protection Film (PPF): PPF is designed to help minimize damage from rock chips, love bugs, and road debris. For a safe and cleaner install, we use XPEL templates that have been modified to wrap edges where applicable. We also use XPEL Ultimate Plus film that comes with a 10-year warranty.

Full front: Full Hood, Full Fenders, Mirrors, Bumper - $1700 (Most Popular) (Free care kit - $50 value)

Highway package: Full Front, Rockers, Pillars and Behind Rear Wheels - $2125 (Free care kit - $50 value)

Other options:
  • Rear luggage kit - $75
  • Interior pieces - $75
  • Rear bumper - $400

Paint Correction – Ceramic Coatings: The paint correction process removes light surface scratches, swirl marks and blemishes. This process however does NOT repair rock chips. Once the paint has been corrected and PPF has been applied, the ceramic coating is applied to increase the gloss and shine allowing for easier cleanings. From our testing we like Gtechniq and XPEL coatings.

· Light polish – multi level correction with 7-year Crystal Serum Ultra & EXO - $1600 - $2000.

Window Tint:
For Tesla owners, we recommend ceramic or infrared (IR) window films for maximum heat rejection. All windows including the back will be installed in one piece by a master window tint professional with over 28 years of experience. All film manufacturers provide a Lifetime warranty. We also offer 3M films.

Two Fronts Only:
Sides and Back:
Windshields in Clear:

Other options:
  • Rear luggage kit - $75
  • Interior pieces - $75
  • Rear bumper - $400

Window Tint:

Two Fronts Only:
Sides and Back:
Windshields in Clear:
Great info! Thanks.

Reactions: Samier_RN
Guys, I got a question for you…

I have a MYLR on order, EDD is Dec/Jan. I’ve already sold my BMW which is what the MY is replacing and I have a little smart car for the interim.

My wife has a 2020 Volvo XC60 lease, current buyout is $45,300 to me and Volvo FS isn’t allowing third party dealer buyouts… so there is no dealer buyout to save on the tax. I just went and ordered (for delivery this week) one of the M3SR+ with the different battery chemistry and was just gonna replace my wife’s Volvo with the M3. I shopped her Volvo around and the best I can get is $43,800, but it’s gonna cost an additional $500 because the company will have to give me a cashiers check to pay Volvo directly because Volvo won’t allow a dealer to buy the car directly. So essentially it’s going to cost me $2,000 to get out of the Volvo now. Would you just go ahead and do it or what? Some people are telling me to just keep the Volvo till the MY comes in later this year, but my gut is telling me to just pay the $2K and wipe my hands of the Volvo.

Opinions?

Guys, I got a question for you…

I have a MYLR on order, EDD is Dec/Jan. I’ve already sold my BMW which is what the MY is replacing and I have a little smart car for the interim.

My wife has a 2020 Volvo XC60 lease, current buyout is $45,300 to me and Volvo FS isn’t allowing third party dealer buyouts… so there is no dealer buyout to save on the tax. I just went and ordered (for delivery this week) one of the M3SR+ with the different battery chemistry and was just gonna replace my wife’s Volvo with the M3. I shopped her Volvo around and the best I can get is $43,800, but it’s gonna cost an additional $500 because the company will have to give me a cashiers check to pay Volvo directly because Volvo won’t allow a dealer to buy the car directly. So essentially it’s going to cost me $2,000 to get out of the Volvo now. Would you just go ahead and do it or what? Some people are telling me to just keep the Volvo till the MY comes in later this year, but my gut is telling me to just pay the $2K and wipe my hands of the Volvo.

Opinions?
Not sure what you mean by different battery chemistry?

Alot of car what's involved in car buying is an emotional decision, oftentimes, it doesn't always make rational sense. So your wife would take the M3 and you'd take the MY? 2k isn't terrible to get out of a car that it seems like you don't want, I would just do it. Part of what prompted me to get the MYP was the fact that I was able to get 7k more for my 2019 Jetta than I was being offered last year with 16k more miles. These inflated used car values won't last forever, strike while the iron is hot.

Wow that was quicker than everyone was speculating. Looks like another in the background on the line. Interesting that it’s black and not the standard white. I wonder how long till Texas Ys are circulating to the general public.
My theory is that once Giga Texas is fully operation producing at least as many as the CA plant that Musk will shut down the CA lines to either have them retooled or stop Y production there altogether. I don’t think they will run two different production versions of the car for many reasons.

Not sure what you mean by different battery chemistry?

Alot of car what's involved in car buying is an emotional decision, oftentimes, it doesn't always make rational sense. So your wife would take the M3 and you'd take the MY? 2k isn't terrible to get out of a car that it seems like you don't want, I would just do it. Part of what prompted me to get the MYP was the fact that I was able to get 7k more for my 2019 Jetta than I was being offered last year with 16k more miles. These inflated used car values won't last forever, strike while the iron is hot.
The M3SR+ just released into the inventory stream has lithium phosphate battery packs that Tesla has been using in Asia and Europe. The estimated range is 10mi less (253 vs 263), but they’re fine with being charged to 100% versus 90% every night. So in actuality the estimated usable range everyday is actually greater. I wanted to get her a cheap(ish) EV, but it needed to have AT LEAST 200mi of range and there really wasn’t very many options that meet those requirements. The M3 always fit the bill, but delivery estimates were pushed out to the same time as my MY, so it wasn’t doable… until literally today. So combined with the inventory influx occurring and the news of the change in chemistry, we’re all in!

Worth mentioning the 1.24% loan from DCU basically made it a no brainer. The payment is going to be the same (if not less) than the leased Volvo and we’ll have no mileage restrictions and be owning something in the long run. If we want to sell it and get something else, shouldn’t be incredibly hard either.

The new M3SR has a LFP battery from China. Tesla is selling those cause they have them ready as opposed to the US battery. Supposedly is 10 less miles in range.

The M3SR+ just released into the inventory stream has lithium phosphate battery packs that Tesla has been using in Asia and Europe. The estimated range is 10mi less (253 vs 263), but they’re fine with being charged to 100% versus 90% every night. So in actuality the estimated usable range everyday is actually greater. I wanted to get her a cheap(ish) EV, but it needed to have AT LEAST 200mi of range and there really wasn’t very many options that meet those requirements. The M3 always fit the bill, but delivery estimates were pushed out to the same time as my MY, so it wasn’t doable… until literally today. So combined with the inventory influx occurring and the news of the change in chemistry, we’re all in!

Worth mentioning the 1.24% loan from DCU basically made it a no brainer. The payment is going to be the same (if not less) than the leased Volvo and we’ll have no mileage restrictions and be owning something in the long run. If we want to sell it and get something else, shouldn’t be incredibly hard either.
How did you qualify for membership at DCU? I actually work for a Credit Union in South Florida and I believe our rates start at around 1.75%.

How did you qualify for membership at DCU? I actually work for a Credit Union in South Florida and I believe our rates start at around 1.75%.
It’s simple, you get a referral, put info, and your in lol. That’s literally all but there is a catch. You have to be part of a group ($10 organization) or job or have actual family that invited you because if they do find out that you don’t, they will drop you. So, I did the $10 org and going to drop them once I show Tesla the rate and they match it.

It’s simple, you get a referral, put info, and your in lol. That’s literally all but there is a catch. You have to be part of a group ($10 organization) or job or have actual family that invited you because if they do find out that you don’t, they will drop you. So, I did the $10 org and going to drop them once I show Tesla the rate and they match it.

Thanks for the tip. Wish I signed up for these forums sooner, today is my 7th day with the car so having them go back to adjust my rate is unlikely at this point. Still shot them an email either way, never know.

Just waiting on my DCU DocuSign this morning, so I can send it into Tesla. And fingers crossed the M3 comes a little early (today/tomorrow). Getting excited and this isn't even my car (the M3 is hers)!
Any new car in the family is exciting! I'm sure you already are, but make sure you download one of those inspection checklists for delivery day. I spent about 45 minutes going over my MYP. Are you picking up in WPB?