Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too, sat in the November window for about 10 days, then moved forward to my current Oct-Nov window. Yep, "Texas 2.0" is not on the table any more.

I'm looking at EV Studio in Tampa for ppf and tinting.
Yeah I want to finish shopping around. Tinting I’m just doing windshield, front, back and rear. I’ve been surprisingly happy with the roof tint from the M3 and I don’t park in a garage. So, can save some money there. What got me is that PPF prices.

So far the cheapest for the full car has been $5,000. I’m planning to keep the car for 10 years unless another “upgrade trade in” market happens again lol. I might just do the areas that I know need the PPF such as front/hood. I have mud flaps on order.

How much has your estimate been at that place for PPF and tinting (full tint is $1,000 at the place I was going to pick)

Reactions: Hurricane4911
Like Samier_RN and his Model 3... my ID.4 was plan B (filler car) until plan A (Model Y, Mach-E, or RAV4 Prime) arrived in 6+ months time.

I considered keeping the ID.4 (RWD model) because it drives so smoothly (out of the dozen CUV/SUVs I test drove) but an "electrical system failure" that shut off the car left me unconfident in it. Dealer found no error codes either. I do not want to be a VW beta tester. Sure... I can live with software bugs but not severe hardware glitches. The next revision of the ID.4 should be a massive hit. It's a fantastic daily driver... better than CX-5s, Tucson, RAV4s, Outbacks, etc. that I tested.

I tend to keep my cars for up to 10 years... and the current ID.4 is not a car I want to keep that long. Probably not even three years. Given the current used market... I suspect I can exit ownership without major losses (i.e 15% depreciation) like in any normal year. Unsure of the Model Y or Mach-E are my "10 year" cars either. but again I can probably sell in this market without major losses in 2022 if I hate the car. I'm no longer interested in PHEVs like RAV4 Primes after driving a BEV...

What I probably want is an Outback EV... lol. Maybe that's an Rivian R1S?
My mom is leasing an ID4 for an extremely crazy amount (in a bad way). I got about another two years to convince her to get a Tesla. She planned/plans on buying out the ID4 lease. I really don’t like the way it drives at all.

So I paid $44,000 total. Carmax is giving me $47,000 and it seems carguru is offering $44,987. Carmax I spoke to someone about this M3 having the LFP battery pack so my original $45,000 offer got bumped. Carguru I’m trying to speak to someone to let them know the difference. Carvana nothing so far, vroom still waiting, auto trader said too new for them to offer (I literally got the car on the 19th so I get it might not be in their auto checker system. Either way, it’s all been a win. If I get a delivery date in the next 7 days, Carmax will get the car.

I did test someone’s M3 2021 from July and carvana, webuyanycar, auto trader, and vroom rated it at $42,000-46000 (which technically is still a win since the car before taxes and delivery is $41,000.

That's just crazy. That's a $3K profit in two weeks...

I also literally bought my ID.4 around the same date you bought your M3 and I expected to sell it for $36-38K (have not requested a Carmax/Carvana/etc offer though) which is a loss considering I paid $46K out the door (subtract $7500 and that's $39k). With an ID.4 shortage now it might bump up a little.

If the EV bill passes then prices of Teslas should drop a little. In your case.. you are trading in a Tesla for Tesla essentially so it should be no change.

Reactions: Samier_RN
That's just crazy. That's a $3K profit in two weeks...

I also literally bought my ID.4 around the same date you bought your M3 and I expected to sell it for $36-38K (have not requested a Carmax/Carvana/etc offer though) which is a loss considering I paid $46K out the door (subtract $7500 and that's $39k). With an ID.4 shortage now it might bump up a little.

If the EV bill passes then prices of Teslas should drop a little. In your case.. you are trading in a Tesla for Tesla essentially so it should be no change.
Yeah, it is crazy. Honestly it’s just a crazy market though, I know for a fact this is not normal and just as shocked as everyone else when I tell them. My first trade in was a 2021 Chevy Spark that I drove around for a year. Bought for $13,000 sold for $18,000. Again, just soooooooo crazy.

I think the ID.4 is a nice car. Frankly, Teslas are not for everyone and any new EV out there is great because it opens the door for more people. I know my grandparents hate the inside of the Tesla but love the ride. As many of them say, no buttons. So, having more options is always the best thing to have. I’ve been letting people test drive this M3 just so they can feel and see if they like the style and it’s been mixed. But sucks you are having issues with your car, never a good sign.

Just read some news that the shareholder Tesla meeting is October 7th I believe. So, probably going to find out about Texas and if production will even begin. Currently no one has see anything yet but casted molds (thousands) and a truck with a fully casted MY which most believe is just being scrapped. Could be a good sign still as they might be closer to getting their street legal production models but that’s a guess anyone could try to predict.

If I had to predict though, mid October we will see maybe 500 Texas MY produced and delivered. November maybe 3k and slowly ramping up. (Going based off M3 first start). I think it will take at least 6 months to see some good numbers.

Do I think a December EDD will get a Texas MY, 50/50. It also comes down to delivery drivers and if they have enough of them for this new plant. So many logistical things to play into it all but regardless, a Tesla is a Tesla and with this crazy market lololol you could just upgrade if it actually makes a difference that badly to upgrade.

Fremont MY vs Austin MY is something we all will find out shortly. I just love being a beta tester, so that is why I’m okay with a Texas MY right off the line.

Reactions: voxel
My mom is leasing an ID4 for an extremely crazy amount (in a bad way). I got about another two years to convince her to get a Tesla. She planned/plans on buying out the ID4 lease. I really don’t like the way it drives at all.

The ID.4 is expected to depreciate by 50% in 3 years and I've heard of dealers using high interest rates (money factor?) on the lease too which makes the monthly payments worse - a lease is basically paying for the depreciation + interest.

The ID.4 is a couch on wheels. It's not a hard accelerating sports car. It's your mom's car... literally. A RAV4 replacement.

As I build my list of accessories in anticipation of my MY delivery in December, I have a question on mud flaps. Earlier in this thread, someone asked about getting them installed. Can anyone explain the purpose of mud flaps in Florida? I could see if you lived in the North with snow or often drove on dirt roads, but here in South Florida is it necessary? Perhaps it's an aesthetic enhancement that some people enjoy?

Yeah I want to finish shopping around. Tinting I’m just doing windshield, front, back and rear. I’ve been surprisingly happy with the roof tint from the M3 and I don’t park in a garage. So, can save some money there. What got me is that PPF prices.

So far the cheapest for the full car has been $5,000. I’m planning to keep the car for 10 years unless another “upgrade trade in” market happens again lol. I might just do the areas that I know need the PPF such as front/hood. I have mud flaps on order.

How much has your estimate been at that place for PPF and tinting (full tint is $1,000 at the place I was going to pick)
I haven't gotten any quotes as of yet. However when I signed up with an email, I got a quote of $3,900 from EV Studio for a generic new car package that included tint, bra, and a "ceramic treatment". That's not the way I want to go. I want to pick and choose the items, and they do offer the top products. I'm thinking I may want to put about $5-6k into post delivery detail work.

I was planning to get the work done very close to my delivery date, but that probably will not happen. I may have to wait 1-2 months after delivery. Not optimal, but, just reality.

Reactions: Samier_RN
I’m in December currently… what are you thinking is gonna constitute MY 2.0 as far as EDD is concerned?

In this most recent round of EDD musical chairs, I noted a lot of orders placed in late August and September were rudely slapped with a March EDD. I think there is something to that. Might point to a Fremont plant shutdown at some point.

Giga Texas is a wild card. Lots of castings produced and stored there. We've seen photos of a few MDY body shells and a couple of "completed" vehicles. Pre-production can begin any time. Being on the east coast helps.

If I'm Tesla, Fremont re-config and production cars from Austin happen close together, with Austin going online maybe a bit sooner. Just me spitballing.
😎

Last edited:
To my September delivery folks: have any of you received any software updates since taking delivery? If so what version you guys on??
Just got it lol

Attachments

• 4BBA82FF-43C7-4AEF-9AA9-622A069C7275.jpeg
    4BBA82FF-43C7-4AEF-9AA9-622A069C7275.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 62
As I build my list of accessories in anticipation of my MY delivery in December, I have a question on mud flaps. Earlier in this thread, someone asked about getting them installed. Can anyone explain the purpose of mud flaps in Florida? I could see if you lived in the North with snow or often drove on dirt roads, but here in South Florida is it necessary? Perhaps it's an aesthetic enhancement that some people enjoy?
I mean, mud flaps are not just for people in the North. Does it rain a lot in Florida? Yes, and along with that comes some nasty gunk as well as loose rocks. Does it do anything for aesthetics? It depends on the person, but it does protect the car some, and if I can spend $30 to safeguard rocks or other debris from hitting the side of the car, I think it is money well spent. Plus, it is super easy to install, and if you hate the look, you can always return it. So, I would say it is a "want" add, not a "need."
I haven't gotten any quotes as of yet. However when I signed up with an email, I got a quote of $3,900 from EV Studio for a generic new car package that included tint, bra, and a "ceramic treatment". That's not the way I want to go. I want to pick and choose the items, and they do offer the top products. I'm thinking I may want to put about $5-6k into post delivery detail work.

I was planning to get the work done very close to my delivery date, but that probably will not happen. I may have to wait 1-2 months after delivery. Not optimal, but, just reality.
I see; yeah, I figured everywhere is about $5k+ and not a cost I want to pay. Auto Paint Guard's quoted $1600 for the tint (XPEL Prime XR Plus) and front/hood/mirror PPF, and it seems like an attractive price point.

Also, called Tesla and asked about the EDD I have as it was just weird to jump from Nov to Oct and they said in their system they still see a November build date and end of November delivery for me which I am super okay with.

I mean, mud flaps are not just for people in the North. Does it rain a lot in Florida? Yes, and along with that comes some nasty gunk as well as loose rocks. Does it do anything for aesthetics? It depends on the person, but it does protect the car some, and if I can spend $30 to safeguard rocks or other debris from hitting the side of the car, I think it is money well spent. Plus, it is super easy to install, and if you hate the look, you can always return it. So, I would say it is a "want" add, not a "need."

I see; yeah, I figured everywhere is about $5k+ and not a cost I want to pay. Auto Paint Guard's quoted $1600 for the tint (XPEL Prime XR Plus) and front/hood/mirror PPF, and it seems like an attractive price point.

Also, called Tesla and asked about the EDD I have as it was just weird to jump from Nov to Oct and they said in their system they still see a November build date and end of November delivery for me which I am super okay with.

To me... I don't see a point to PPF or ceramic coat... once my original paint is dinged up enough... I'm going to vinyl wrap the car like I saw ones at the National Drive Electric Week.

Mudflaps I'd probably want to install for sure.

Attachments

• DSC00111.JPG
    DSC00111.JPG
    509.5 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC00120.JPG
    DSC00120.JPG
    498.6 KB · Views: 33
To me... I don't see a point to PPF or ceramic coat... once my original paint is dinged up enough... I'm going to vinyl wrap the car like I saw ones at the National Drive Electric Week.

Mudflaps I'd probably want to install for sure.
Omg I’m glad you said that. Yesterday I saw a “stealth” wrapped Tesla and I was in love. I was talking to him about it and the cost is sooooo much better because I get a color I want along with a new look and feeling fresh. So, I told the place that I’m getting the windows tinted to just forget about the PPF. Saves me a lot of money now. But anyone from Tampa can tell me who they used for their tint? I’m going purely off reviews but if someone has used a place and can vouch, I’d prefer that. But I’ll be honest the guys at auto paint guard are super friendly and have been very very helpful.

Omg I’m glad you said that. Yesterday I saw a “stealth” wrapped Tesla and I was in love. I was talking to him about it and the cost is sooooo much better because I get a color I want along with a new look and feeling fresh. So, I told the place that I’m getting the windows tinted to just forget about the PPF. Saves me a lot of money now. But anyone from Tampa can tell me who they used for their tint? I’m going purely off reviews but if someone has used a place and can vouch, I’d prefer that. But I’ll be honest the guys at auto paint guard are super friendly and have been very very helpful.

There's a National Drive Electric Week event this Saturday (Oct 2) at Brandon/Tampa at Ford's garage... you could ask there if nobody here responds. I'm sure there will be 6+ Tesla owners and in FL everybody tints.

I've heard good things about Tint World and another place local to me in Longwood, FL.

Reactions: Hurricane4911