Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I found a demo unit in the inventory in Ft. Myers (will try to move the delivery location to Tampa or Orlando) and snagged it (yes, I'm insane). I wonder how abused they are? 468 miles (yikes). Maybe I should just walk away? I think I would prefer the MYLR over the M3SR+ - albeit this is one pretty car.

For the MY owners have you guys seen these little screws sticking out or rear wheel housing area? Both sides have it. Any fix? Looks ugly or I’m I just being picky?

Attachments

• 11357047-F47E-4BBB-97EA-DF575A85880A.jpeg
    11357047-F47E-4BBB-97EA-DF575A85880A.jpeg
    419.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 2D3219B7-D7EE-4EE3-8B13-D6B66046D8E7.jpeg
    2D3219B7-D7EE-4EE3-8B13-D6B66046D8E7.jpeg
    323.1 KB · Views: 40
Spent a day with a M3 SR+ from Turo. Loved every second of it. From driving to charging. I definitely want the ID.4 gone but not sure the Model Y is it. Why? I suspect the SUVness of the Model Y will add some body roll and the extra weight will make it feel like the ID.4. The M3 is super nimble/agile.

The two HUGE reasons for the Model Y was the higher SUV seating position (I don't mind the M3 now that I've had a day with it) and the rear cargo space. I have three options and don't know what to do. Paralysis of choice?
  • A white MYLR demo on delivery this Friday (has a $500 transport fee and a MINOR discount for being a demo with almost 1000 miles). It's just an okay deal. If I give it up I'm sure somebody in this forums will snatch it up. It's not the config I ordered but my order is looking like Feb and at that point I'd wait the Austin build with 4860 cells.
  • M3 SR+ on Oct 29th. A sweet blue/white combo. It's an M3 though and I suspect a "filler" car like @Samier_RN. I for sure would choose a MYLR over a M3LR though
  • My original MYLR (red/white) order with an EDD Jan-Feb. Who knows about tax credits, Austin factory, 4860 cells, etc.

Reactions: Hurricane4911
Spent a day with a M3 SR+ from Turo. Loved every second of it. From driving to charging. I definitely want the ID.4 gone but not sure the Model Y is it. Why? I suspect the SUVness of the Model Y will add some body roll and the extra weight will make it feel like the ID.4. The M3 is super nimble/agile.

The two HUGE reasons for the Model Y was the higher SUV seating position (I don't mind the M3 now that I've had a day with it) and the rear cargo space. I have three options and don't know what to do. Paralysis of choice?
  • A white MYLR demo on delivery this Friday (has a $500 transport fee and a MINOR discount for being a demo with almost 1000 miles). It's just an okay deal. If I give it up I'm sure somebody in this forums will snatch it up. It's not the config I ordered but my order is looking like Feb and at that point I'd wait the Austin build with 4860 cells.
  • M3 SR+ on Oct 29th. A sweet blue/white combo. It's an M3 though and I suspect a "filler" car like @Samier_RN. I for sure would choose a MYLR over a M3LR though
  • My original MYLR (red/white) order with an EDD Jan-Feb. Who knows about tax credits, Austin factory, 4860 cells, etc.
Wait for the original order. Jan/Feb could quickly move forward once Austin comes online and if it doesn’t it’s really not that far away. I feel your pain, kinda. I literally get up cursing everyday that I have to drive a MANUAL SMART CAR, at least you’re driving an ID4. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Stay the course!

Reactions: voxel

Based on the Oct 7th shareholder meeting, 4680 cells most likely will not be available early next year. Musk mentioned a temporary 2170 set-up in Austin. I would write-off assuming 4680 will be available as early as Feb. 2022. Your car should certainly have a 2022 VIN. I could be wrong. Nothing but surprises from Tesla and SpaceX. Mostly good, but with Tesla, you must factor in "Elon time".

Last edited:
Reactions: Samier_RN and voxel

Honestly, it’s like I mentioned…the drive is phenomenal and for me was worth getting rid of my ICE car for the M3. By all means I’d never give up getting my MY sooner than later for any unforeseen what ifs because of how much different the MY actually is compared to the M3.

I’m a person that lives in the now, like @Hurricane4911 said, Elon time is unpredictable because he said early October we should have MYs rolling out of Austin already and November even more and so far we have nothing. We don’t even have a confirmed “legal” MY out of Texas yet and that takes time.

So, if you still have a Jan/Feb date I’d keep it. If you postpone, you could be waiting for a longer time. Some cars are now back until September 2022 and do you really want to wait that long for a MY? Sure 2.0 is nice but will those make or break your decision of the car? These are just things to ask yourself because none of us can tell you how you are feeling but can give our personal choices. I wouldn’t wait around for a 2.0 unknown when I have a nice car right in front of me. Being serious, grab some paper and really write down all the pros and cons of each choice, it really will help you pick cause I did it. Then share it if you want to and we can see some reasonings you have and help give our input.

Whatever you pick it will be the right choice, it’s all about maintaining balance and patience. My patience is me going outside right now to wash my car lol one day I’ll be washing a MY though and that’s what I’m looking forward to. I really need to stop writing a book when I comment 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Wait for the original order. Jan/Feb could quickly move forward once Austin comes online and if it doesn’t it’s really not that far away. I feel your pain, kinda. I literally get up cursing everyday that I have to drive a MANUAL SMART CAR, at least you’re driving an ID4. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Stay the course!

Here's the funny thing... I'm NOT driving the ID.4 because of the fear of adding more miles and possible accidents before I trade it in. I'm using an ICE car for short city drives like for groceries. lol.

Reactions: Samier_RN
Honestly, it’s like I mentioned…the drive is phenomenal and for me was worth getting rid of my ICE car for the M3. By all means I’d never give up getting my MY sooner than later for any unforeseen what ifs because of how much different the MY actually is compared to the M3.

"Soon than later" So... would you'd take early delivery of a MY (slightly different config than ordered) over a custom-ordered MY arriving in 3 months? That's my dilemma. I know your feelings on me getting a M3 SR+ as a filler car... it's probably not a great financial decision. At least with the demo MY... the config is good enough I can imagine keeping it for years and the price is exactly the same as my custom-ordered one. Literally.

How long will you have your M3 filler car when your MY arrives in a few weeks (it will happen!)? 2-3 months? 4 months?

"Soon than later" So... would you'd take early delivery of a MY (slightly different config than ordered) over a custom-ordered MY arriving in 3 months? That's my dilemma. I know your feelings on me getting a M3 SR+ as a filler car... it's probably not a great financial decision. At least with the demo MY... the config is good enough I can imagine keeping it for years and the price is exactly the same as my custom-ordered one. Literally.

How long will you have your M3 filler car when your MY arrives in a few weeks (it will happen!)? 2-3 months? 4 months?
Oh once I get a vin I’m selling the M3. Carvana is giving me $48731 now for the car so easy sell for me. Even after paying the taxes I still make off with more than I paid. With carvana it is nice because I setup the pickup and sell to happen a day before I go get my car. They literally pay out nearly instant if you do it early in the morning with direct deposit.

As for your dilemma, I actually will say this…it isn’t really a dilemma and hear me out. This is your dream car, right? Get the car you want, exactly how you want it. Personally I don’t like the white interior as sexy as it is (oxymoron I know). As for colors I don’t care because I’m going to wrap it eventually down the road. I only care about the car itself but again that is me. But and a big but, I want my car new, that is just my issue. If I’m going to pay premium $$$ I don’t want it touched by anyone else lol.

So, get the car you truly want, otherwise you might regret it but I wouldn’t hold onto what ifs for the future because just like you loved that M3 you will love your MY 1.0 or 2.0 just the same. And if a 1.0 with how the market is…you could just sell that 1.0 for a 2.0 later. Old models of M3 with the last hen interior still go for nearly the same price as new gen interior.

Ps I did it again writing a story. Forgive me lol I love to talk.

Oh once I get a vin I’m selling the M3. Carvana is giving me $48731 now for the car so easy sell for me. Even after paying the taxes I still make off with more than I paid. With carvana it is nice because I setup the pickup and sell to happen a day before I go get my car. They literally pay out nearly instant if you do it early in the morning with direct deposit.

As for your dilemma, I actually will say this…it isn’t really a dilemma and hear me out. This is your dream car, right? Get the car you want, exactly how you want it. Personally I don’t like the white interior as sexy as it is (oxymoron I know). As for colors I don’t care because I’m going to wrap it eventually down the road. I only care about the car itself but again that is me. But and a big but, I want my car new, that is just my issue. If I’m going to pay premium $$$ I don’t want it touched by anyone else lol.

So, get the car you truly want, otherwise you might regret it but I wouldn’t hold onto what ifs for the future because just like you loved that M3 you will love your MY 1.0 or 2.0 just the same. And if a 1.0 with how the market is…you could just sell that 1.0 for a 2.0 later. Old models of M3 with the last hen interior still go for nearly the same price as new gen interior.

Ps I did it again writing a story. Forgive me lol I love to talk.

Start a blog, I'll be your first subscriber
🤣

• Love
Reactions: voxel and Samier_RN