Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like PCMike said, even the M3 SR+ drives like a $60k car....I do not think it is worth spending that nor $50k, sadly. I do believe for price, getting a used M3 LR is better. I can promise you unless you make very long trips, the range should never be an issue.
Used M3 LR prices are completely insane. More than new Model Ys. Heck, I was considering a used Model Y but they are at $62-64K (before taxes) at CarMax. That's $5-6K over my MSRP price and with 10-20K miles.

My decision boils down to keeping the ID.4 until early-Feb (my new EDD) for the Model Y or spend $10K to upgrade my ID.4 to a new Model 3 SR+ (blue/white/19") and drive that for 3+ months. The ID.4 cost me under $40K OTD after tax credit. The ride is amazing and smooth (this I will miss) but I keep getting distracted by the terrible and laggy AC, audio, CarPay/nav controls.

I have two weeks to decide... pretty much when you pick up your Model Y.

EDD Moves Again....pushed 1 week...now 11/2 - 11/16.
The EDD window shrinks to 1week from 2.

Samier, we appear to be somewhat in lockstep here in Tampa.
Let's do a meet-up on delivery day
😉

Closing in
😎
Mine is still holding strong. If you and I both get November 10th, I’m down lol. You don’t know how flipping excited I am to get it. I have my floor mats, mud flaps, screen protector, and other little things ready to go. Here is a picture of what came in. It came with front, passenger, and rear all for $60 on Amazon and great quality. Bought the trunk for $50. But I’m locked and loaded for when that date drops and I promise you’ll know.
image.jpg

Mine is still holding strong. If you and I both get November 10th, I’m down lol. You don’t know how flipping excited I am to get it. I have my floor mats, mud flaps, screen protector, and other little things ready to go. Here is a picture of what came in. It came with front, passenger, and rear all for $60 on Amazon and great quality. Bought the trunk for $50. But I’m locked and loaded for when that date drops and I promise you’ll know.
View attachment 721914

We're On.
The 13th is my birthday. Lots to celebrate.
I've got my mats, screen protector, sunscreen, and a whole bunch of Interior upgrades from Jowua. Charger is installed.
Just need the car.
😎

It’s good, once it starts to shrink, even better. The closer the days come together the closer to a vin. Would be a nice holiday gift lol.

Also, just filled out my DCU loan information finally. Figured it’s time to get that done since I’m getting closer. Will let you know how smooth that goes and how simple it is to use Tesla Financial rate matching.
Yeah, at 1.24%, I think it's a no brainer.

Reactions: Samier_RN
Yeah, at 1.24%, I think it's a no brainer.
Oh for sure. That is another reason why I’m jumping on getting my car right away. Who knows how long these rates will last (unless this is a forever rate for them). My credit union jumped from 1.90% to 2.80% so yeah, get those cars everyone while the rates are good if you need it. I figured I might as well pocket some money and that this low interest ride 😎

just got EDD, Feb 11 Mar 13, ordered Aug, 6th(?), was a date, vanished, now at least have range.
Credit union gave loan offer, but only good 60 days, till mid-late November
initially forgot to unfreeze credit reports so got 4-5 “i’m sorry we decline to offer credit due to credit report frozen”

Suncoast credit union called and over phone got report unfrozen, offered loan with terms but that 60 days but will reoffer

it will be extremely difficult keeping miles on trade in under 1,000 more for another 100+ days.

was Feb 11 - March 13 yesterday
now Mar 6 - April 3. today

it’s fading into the future, advancing from November 2021 to April 2022
sad emojis…..
I wonder what it means that mine has inched forward and now is steady. Wonder what I’m going to end up with. 2021 VIN? Lots of questions. I’m guessing they’re trying to produce 2021 VINs for people who ordered long ago (even if they just recently completed their profile) since these people likely paid $5K less for the same car; whereas people who paid more are being pushed out for 2022 VINs. Decisions, decisions.

Reactions: ImperfectTes
My EDD just got pushed today as well. From 12-7/12-27 to 1-13/2-10.

That was my EDD for a week plus... now I have 1/24-2/21. Hopefully we get Austin builds.... doubt 4860 cells are ready.

I'm watching the MY discord channel like a hawk for inventory that popup... ONE of them is MINE. Don't touch!! :)

I'm renting a M3 SR+ for a full day this week from Turo and that will determine whether I purchase a M3 or just wait for a MY in Feb.

Reactions: Hurricane4911
I wonder what it means that mine has inched forward and now is steady. Wonder what I’m going to end up with. 2021 VIN? Lots of questions. I’m guessing they’re trying to produce 2021 VINs for people who ordered long ago (even if they just recently completed their profile) since these people likely paid $5K less for the same car; whereas people who paid more are being pushed out for 2022 VINs. Decisions, decisions.
I personally can say that’s not the case. Mine just shifted to late December now and I was set for early November. My Buddy who ordered before me is now April. Something is jacked up with the system or like I said before all MYs are going to start coming from Texas soon while they focus Fremont on everything else.

I’m not happy because I didn’t want to take the credit hit lol. Oh well I should have waited for the vin but DCU takes forever and their support sucks.

Whoa.
I'm still sitting on the. 11/2-16 EDD. We ordered within days of each other in July, both in Tampa. My last change was a 7 day delay with a shrinkage of the window to 2 weeks.
🤔
Yeah, I don’t know what is going on and with Tesla not saying anything, it makes understanding any of this very hard. It’s almost like something big happened.

Yeah, I don’t know what is going on and with Tesla not saying anything, it makes understanding any of this very hard. It’s almost like something big happened.

My personal guess is they shifted production to MX and MS before the end of the year since they promised those back in the spring. It's weird how the M3 and MY now have massively long delays. Even the Performance trims are delayed longer than usual. Who knows though... maybe something big internally happened or they hit some chip shortage.

My personal guess is they shifted production to MX and MS before the end of the year since they promised those back in the spring. It's weird how the M3 and MY now have massively long delays. Even the Performance trims are delayed longer than usual. Who knows though... maybe something big internally happened or they hit some chip shortage.
This is true with the shipping cargo issues. I wish they would honor my price for the LR and give me a P instead lol. I would take it. But let’s hope we get some news soon about Texas.