Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a VIN earlier this week and I went into the service center and confirmed I was getting an Intel car (F376xxx).

I wanted to reject my VIN and put my account on hold but my delivery center told me they could not put my order on hold since my order was made in November.

I asked them to leave it alone. I am wanting to let some time go by before dropping my VIN in hopes the numbers are far along enough to get something higher than F382xxx.

Unfortunately today I got the message to schedule an appointment for March 6. Trying to figure out when enough time has passed but for now I am waiting.

My buddy who is taking delivery March 3 was reassigned a VIN about the same time I got my VIN. We were previously both F376xxx, but he was pushed into a F379xxx for an unknown reason.

You said earlier on you got vin F379xxx, did you stick with that VIN and does it have an AMD processor?
I was originally given a VIN (F377xxx) on 2/14 and declined, put on hold for 2 days, spoke with an SA in Orlando to confirm the VIN was reassigned and removed hold. Was assigned a new VIN (F383xxx) the next day and confirmed it was AMD. Delivery is scheduled for 3/7. MYP Red/Black no tow/FSD.

Reactions: voxel
I was originally given a VIN (F377xxx) on 2/14 and declined, put on hold for 2 days, spoke with an SA in Orlando to confirm the VIN was reassigned and removed hold. Was assigned a new VIN (F383xxx) the next day and confirmed it was AMD. Delivery is scheduled for 3/7. MYP Red/Black no tow/FSD.

Thanks, you give me hope. After I got my VIN the second time and after no help from chat support, I let the damn thing run its course, almost spending another $250 on a new order and I got the message that my order was on hold today because I never selected a date for delivery.

Going to give it a few days I guess and then click the button and hope for the best. I will confirm my VIN was reassigned first.

Want.

Where did you get this info?
Screenshot_20220221-083518_Chrome.jpg

My SA confirmed my Intel VIN was reassigned. She warned against releasing my hold if I’m dead set on AMD but I honestly think it’s just a big gamble on what I may get.

Pondering whether I should keep the hold or release it and hope for the best.
She likely knows that even though your vin was reassigned it can bounce back to you . Once assigned, that Car was in transit to your area so they are going to try to match to someone in your general area , Whoever got assigned the vin (if anyone yet) could also refuse or go on hold and then it will bounce to the next person which could be you. I would leave it for a month (or until they force you off whatever comes first)

That car will be in transit about 2 weeks from the time you received your vin so it is still in transit nd easially get assigned to you again

She likely knows that even though your vin was reassigned it can bounce back to you . Once assigned, that Car was in transit to your area so they are going to try to match to someone in your general area , Whoever got assigned the vin (if anyone yet) could also refuse or go on hold and then it will bounce to the next person which could be you. I would leave it for a month (or until they force you off whatever comes first)

That car will be in transit about 2 weeks from the time you received your vin so it is still in transit nd easially get assigned to you again
Good advice. I actually canceled my MYP and was prepared to lose the $250 deposit, but THEY put it me on HOLD (I guess rather than potentially lose a sale). I will exhaust the limits of that HOLD, and if I am still unable to get the vehicle I want I will forfeit it and order anew. The wait time has only been extended to April. In as much as I now want the CRIMSON color, I may end up having to forfeit the HOLD anyway. So be it. Exhaust the HOLD.

I am going in for service (a new computer chip for my 2014 S) tomorrow and will try to garner some info from the SA. I am not sure that they know any more than we do.

Good advice. I actually canceled my MYP and was prepared to lose the $250 deposit, but THEY put it me on HOLD (I guess rather than potentially lose a sale). I will exhaust the limits of that HOLD, and if I am still unable to get the vehicle I want I will forfeit it and order anew. The wait time has only been extended to April. In as much as I now want the CRIMSON color, I may end up having to forfeit the HOLD anyway. So be it. Exhaust the HOLD.
Tesla cares not whether you follow through or not, due to the high demand for the vehicle. All Ys will be sold. The $250 is more of a disincentive to people just placing orders on multiple cars willy nilly.

Interestingly, they *may* also hit you for the delivery charge on top of the $250 (assuming the vehicle is already in transit). And this is whether you cancel or they cancel due to your actions/inactions. For some of us that would be $1,200-ish. But they won't actually follow through for quite some time, the way the Y is so popular.

1645459944192.png

Tesla cares not whether you follow through or not, due to the high demand for the vehicle. All Ys will be sold. The $250 is more of a disincentive to people just placing orders on multiple cars willy nilly.

Interestingly, they *may* also hit you for the delivery charge on top of the $250 (assuming the vehicle is already in transit). And this is whether you cancel or they cancel due to your actions/inactions. For some of us that would be $1,200-ish. But they won't actually follow through for quite some time, the way the Y is so popular.

View attachment 772034
I think you would only see the transport fee tacked on if they had to reship it FAR from wherever it ends up to a new location . Currently tesla charges a destination fee which includes transportation costs. They would need to show that that they incurred a cost in excess which was not covered by this fee since they can not charge trasnportation costs to two different customers if it was shipped to the same location. I don't see Tesla ever going down that road.

Reactions: BnGrm

View attachment 772034
My vehicle was not yet in transit when my order was put on HOLD (By them). Are you able to change the color of your vehicle while it is on HOLD?
We also don't know if the vehicles coming out of Texas with all the toys will incur a price increase. Based on the above, any price increases may apply to a vehicle with changes.

My vehicle was not yet in transit when my order was put on HOLD (By them). Are you able to change the color of your vehicle while it is on HOLD?
We also don't know if the vehicles coming out of Texas with all the toys will incur a price increase. Based on the above, any price increases may apply to a vehicle with changes.
As long as you don't have a vin assigned you can change your configuration but you will incur current pricing if it had changed

If anything Austin vehicles are cheaper to build then Fremont so there is no reason Tesla would raise prices in austin , they are already making more money off you if you happen to get an austin car

Reactions: Fairchild