Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For AWD owners wanting a P3D-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This makes me lean slightly more towards purchase as you can visibly see the difference in punch in the video. Really want to see this same video AWD+ vs stealth P!
I’m near Philly if someone wants to try. I have a stealth and a vbox sport.

Edit:

This compares stealth with AWD+
Not sure if anyone posted this. So sorry if it’s a duplicate.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Autoxer7
These were your exact words upthread:

So yeah, you did.

I still stand by that, as there are many early supporters of this company that paid a high premium and then Tesla dropped it's shorts (and for the shorts). How else would ANY customer feel.

To say those of us that failed to plan ahead because we couldn't take advantage of a tax credit is really condescending. If we had a crystal ball and had known Tesla would drop their prices as much as they did, obviously many of us would have waited until now or even next quarter. No financial planner could have or would have predicted that.

For those of us that paid the initial $75-$85k price tag, we now know to come here to sell our cars when we do, as you all feel that our used Model 3 P are still worth so much. We are not mad at what we paid, we are upset at what it is now worth when we were led to understand that Teslas hold their value so much. The mistake I did make is that I should have stuck with my original plan and bought a used Model S, or waited for a used Model 3's for our garage.

The threads out there about all the bullying on these Tesla sites are sadly all true, and it's worse to have to even be a part of it. Whether its in the school, or on a website, its the same. Hopefully, many of you do not have children.

I still stand by that,

So I’m confused. Did you or didn’t you say you were owed something?

First you said you were, then you denied ever saying you were owed something, then you said you stand by it.

So which is it?

The threads out there about all the bullying on these Tesla sites are sadly all true, and it's worse to have to even be a part of it. Whether its in the school, or on a website, its the same. Hopefully, many of you do not have children.

Calling people out when they’re talking out both sides of their mouth isn’t being a bully, it’s being honest.

If you say something, own it. One of the most important lessons I teach my family... be honest - with others, and most importantly, with yourself.

Reactions: Knightshade
I’m still on the fence. I’ve been waiting so long for this upgrade but I just can’t get past the fact that it’s $2k more for 1/2 the upgrade that the stealth buyers got for less than my LR AWD cost.
You have to remember that people in 2018 paid 6k more for stealth over AWD (with 5k refund). I realize today it’s 2k, but it does not seem to even be available anymore to get the stealth. I think you just have to weigh it as not comparing to a stealth, but to just say, do i want a 12% speed increase in 0-60 times for $2k, and overall better performance 30-90mph?

Maybe I need to invest in a dragy. I swear I don’t notice a big difference.
I live near philly. Happy to loan you my vbox.

Last edited:
To say those of us that failed to plan ahead because we couldn't take advantage of a tax credit is really condescending. If we had a crystal ball and had known Tesla would drop their prices as much as they did.

You're not making any sense... again.

Planning ahead to be able to use the tax credit has not anything at all to do with what Tesla did with new car pricing a year later.

Neither does your suggesting we can't count the $5000 refund because you thought it was...I dunno....gauche or something? If YOU turned down a refund, that's on you not Tesla when computing the net price for people who actually don't hate free money.

You have to remember that people in 2018 paid 6k more for stealth over AWD (with 5k refund).

Not only that- it was 11k for most when they actually made that choice (the 5k refund coming months after all the original AWD orders were made)

It's not at all unreasonable someone might conclude "1 sec quicker isn't worth $11,000" then (and remember track mode didn't exist when they made that choice either to sway them)... and yet also conclude "0.5 seconds for $2000 IS worth it"

I realize today it’s 2k, but it does not seem to even be available anymore to get the stealth

You can still (as recently as a week or two ago anyway) still find them as inventory cars...but you can't "order" one so you have to get lucky and take whatever interior, exterior, and wheel options are on whatever is available.

Some have speculated that availability will either end, or the 2k price difference will be increased, based on this new 2k unlock existing- we'll have to wait and see on that though.

Omg people....the damn $2000 and stealth discussion. Not even in the same ballpark!

1. You OWN an existing car..NOT buying new.
2. You AGREED to buy said car at said price. STOP COMPLAINING.
3. If everyone has a magic eight ball and knew the future no one would buy Tesla UNTIL the price dropped, no one would get the EV incentive. And Tesla woulda probably not exist bc you were to cheap and feel entitled to have the best at the cheapest price. If you truly cared about money...you wouldn’t buy this car. You wanted to drink the kool aid and found out the packet kool aid is cheaper then premixed and tastes the same and now regretting it.

GET OVER IT AND DRIVE THE DAMN CAR!

I just met up with Brooks from DragTimes.com. He has a M3 Performance that we compared with my AWD+. He has a Race Logic VBOX that we connected to my AWD+.

Best 1/4 mile in my AWD+ was 11.891 @ 116.517 MPH.
Best 0-60 was 3.567.
Second best 0-60 was 3.580.

We also ran side by side a few times. First from a stop. The P is very noticeably faster (no surprise there). However, the big surprise was when we punched it side-by-side from 50-100, the vehicles were dead even. We were very surprised and did it a second time to be sure with the same result. He will be publishing a video very soon.

This was also the first time that I drove a P, so I now felt the difference first hand with just me in the car. The P is very clearly feels faster from 0-60 (and it is), but the AWD+ upgrade still feels awesome. I felt no difference between the AWD+ and the P after 50 mph. Makes sense because the video will show this.

The upgrade is much different from a non-upgraded AWD. I am very happy with it.

Video will be posted soon from Brooks.

I just met up with Brooks from DragTimes.com. He has a M3 Performance that we compared with my AWD+. He has a Race Logic VBOX that we connected to my AWD+.

Best 0-60 was 3.567.

We also ran side by side a few times. First from a stop. The P is very noticeably faster (no surprise there). However, the big surprise was when we punched it side-by-side from 50-100, the vehicles were dead even. We were very surprised and did it a second time to be sure with the same result. He will be publishing a video very soon.

This was also the first time that I drove a P, so I now felt the difference first hand with just me in the car. The P is very clearly feels faster from 0-60 (and it is), but the AWD+ upgrade still feels awesome. I felt no difference between the AWD+ and the P after 50 mph. Makes sense because the video will show this.

@primo
Good deal! Thanks for sharing!

Edit: What were the conditions, SoC, temp, etc? Will "Brooks" post the video in this thread?

..the big surprise was when we punched it side-by-side from 50-100, the vehicles were dead even...
Interesting. This means that the max_torque setting changed but not max_power. Torque governs the rate of change of power from launch but once the cars hit the same max power limit, the performance will be the same if the weight is the same.

Reactions: primo

Best 0-60 was 3.567.

Assuming your 0-60 is 1ft roll?

Your 1/4 mile was slightly slower than my stealth, but 116MPH is the same. That’s extremely impressive.

Welp.. after several weeks of thinking "dang.. I should have just traded in my LR AWD for a sleeper." ...

I sat in the garage last night with the car for a few minutes, and pulled the trigger.. Welcome "Chill | Sport" now with the upgrade!!

Sure, even after this, I'm still only halfway there to a P3-, but this is a move in the right direction. I'm looking forward to a casual =) drive soon...

IMG_7681 (1).jpg

You're not making any sense... again.

Planning ahead to be able to use the tax credit has not anything at all to do with what Tesla did with new car pricing a year later.

Neither does your suggesting we can't count the $5000 refund because you thought it was...I dunno....gauche or something? If YOU turned down a refund, that's on you not Tesla when computing the net price for people who actually don't hate free money.

Not only that- it was 11k for most when they actually made that choice (the 5k refund coming months after all the original AWD orders were made)

It's not at all unreasonable someone might conclude "1 sec quicker isn't worth $11,000" then (and remember track mode didn't exist when they made that choice either to sway them)... and yet also conclude "0.5 seconds for $2000 IS worth it"

You can still (as recently as a week or two ago anyway) still find them as inventory cars...but you can't "order" one so you have to get lucky and take whatever interior, exterior, and wheel options are on whatever is available.

Some have speculated that availability will either end, or the 2k price difference will be increased, based on this new 2k unlock existing- we'll have to wait and see on that though.
Right, i meant you cannot order one. So finding that diamond in the rough is like trying to find a diamond in the rough. $2k, for that 0-60 and 30-90, so worth it. Good point too, i had no idea track mode was coming nor the 5k refund so I remember that late night call with my SC to find me a replacement for my AWD that was delayed, and he said there is a P3D- 100 miles away, and i said, hell yes. 11k, gone. And that was with the 3.5 0-60 statement they had prior to 1ft roll.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zoomit

Best 0-60 was 3.567.

Excellent info! It's nice to see someone else has also hit 11.8 in the quarter mile now with the AWD+ aside from myself.

Big fan of Brooks videos and really look forward to this one. Hopefully he gives all the helpful details like temps, and that y'all ran equal or close to equal SoC, etc.