Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fragile top glass and windshield šŸ˜ 

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My top glass and windshield were hit by a rock on the freeway and both cracked immediately!!! Costing me $3200 to fix and my appt to get it replaced isnā€™t till mid December!!! I also have a Mercedes and so many rocks have hit the windshield on the freeway and never has it cracked!! Sucks that we pay so much for Tesla and we have shitty glasss... anyone else agree?
Even though I filled claims with my insurance and they partially paid for the repairs, I hate how cheaply the glsss is.. does anyone else agree on this? is there a reason why the glass breaks so damn easily??? Anyone had the same thing happen to them. šŸ˜”
I was rear ended back in Oct and it was barely tapped by the rear glass. It cracked the roof glass. Just part of nature.

Decades of driving, x2 (my wife), with ZERO windshield replacements, and in the past 5 years, we've replaced a VW windshield, a Toyota windshield, and my week-old MYLR (last January) was struck DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE DRIVER'S LINE OF SIGHT! Fortunately, a quick repair prevented it from spreading, and it's still intact.

Use the search function, upper right, Advanced. You will find a few zillion posts that address this question.
Iā€™ve had my top glass and windshield replaced which cost me $3200 I filed a claim with my insurance and was reimbursed by them after the repairs where completed. They kept trying to have safelite come out and repair it.. but finally was able to get on the phone with someone that told them Tesla had to repair it due to calibration of the camera. I didnā€™t want safelite replacing it. For some reason rocks are attracted to my car.. now I try my best to stay as far as I can from those stupid trucks

So no one has any experience getting windshield crack fixed or windshield replaced? Someone mentioned getting it repaired instead of replaced.

Iā€™ve had my top glass and windshield replaced which cost me $3200 I filed a claim with my insurance and was reimbursed by them after the repairs where completed. They kept trying to have safelite come out and repair it.. but finally was able to get on the phone with someone that told them Tesla had to repair it due to calibration of the camera. I didnā€™t want safelite replacing it. For some reason rocks are attracted to my car.. now I try my best to stay as far as I can from those stupid trucks

Reactions: PackMan730