Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging transfer opportunity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same on my 2018 S 100D, the SC05 supercharging that only stays with me while I own the car and does not transfer to future owners. For SC05 owners like ourselves, it makes a lot of sense to take this deal and transfer the SC05 to a new Tesla. I'm looking forward to faster free supercharges in the Model Y.
Agreed. Faster, more miles (for me coming from 75D), and new warranty...

Has anyone taken delivery of their new Y/S/X with the FUSC transferred from their previous car? I'm picking up a new Y tomorrow and transferring FUSC from my 2013 S. Tesla makes me nervous with this stuff, as the SA isn't always up to speed on the proper process. I'll filled out and sent the transfer agreement in, confirmed with the SA that it has been "filed and is in the queue". My order had the loyalty credit removed, but I haven't received my final paperwork, yet. Does the FUSC transfer appear there? Just nervous that I don't have anything in writing from Tesla showing that I agree to purchase this car contingent upon the FUSC transfer.

Has anyone taken delivery of their new Y/S/X with the FUSC transferred from their previous car? I'm picking up a new Y tomorrow and transferring FUSC from my 2013 S. Tesla makes me nervous with this stuff, as the SA isn't always up to speed on the proper process. I'll filled out and sent the transfer agreement in, confirmed with the SA that it has been "filed and is in the queue". My order had the loyalty credit removed, but I haven't received my final paperwork, yet. Does the FUSC transfer appear there? Just nervous that I don't have anything in writing from Tesla showing that I agree to purchase this car contingent upon the FUSC transfer.
I picked up my Y Performance yesterday. As of this morning the free supercharging has transferred from my old Model S to the new Model Y. Everything worked out great. If they took off the referral bonus then the paperwork is properly filed and your transfer should go through. Good luck!!

IMG_7607.jpeg

I did last week. Same — no written confirmation but I did get the $250 credit reversal as well, which served as confirmation. It took around 3 days after delivery for my Tesla app to show the transferred option, no written confirmation when it occurred. I can confirm though that as promised, any paid supercharging session in the interim has their charges reversed back to your credit card.

I felt similarly nervous but it worked out.

I did last week. Same — no written confirmation but I did get the $250 credit reversal as well, which served as confirmation. It took around 3 days after delivery for my Tesla app to show the transferred option, no written confirmation when it occurred. I can confirm though that as promised, any paid supercharging session in the interim has their charges reversed back to your credit card.

I felt similarly nervous but it worked out.
I am going to take my delivery this sat. when i look at the document on my account "delivery configuration" still shows "pay-as-you-go supercharging". are you guys seeing the same thing on yours?

Reactions: Bacalao
I am going to take my delivery this sat. when i look at the document on my account "delivery configuration" still shows "pay-as-you-go supercharging". are you guys seeing the same thing on yours?
Yes, even after I picked up the new vehicle it says Pay-As-You-Go-Supercharging. The contract says it can take up to 7 days, but the people at the sales center said it would take up to 72 hours to complete the transfer. Mine was completed in about 12 hours from the time I took delivery.

They warned me that if I supercharge before the transfer was complete, that I'd be liable for those supercharging fees. I told them that in the contract, item 3 actually states that the interim supercharging fees (except for the $1/min idle fees) would be reimbursed upon request. I was going to supercharge anyway just to see what would happen, but my transfer went through before I could find out what would happen. According to chillaban above, the interim fees were reimbursed directly to the credit card.

Best of luck in your new vehicle and supercharging transfer

Correct. It and the app both say PAYG. No confirmation at all. The only evidence is reversing the automatic $250 self referral credit.

Yes, even after I picked up the new vehicle it says Pay-As-You-Go-Supercharging. The contract says it can take up to 7 days, but the people at the sales center said it would take up to 72 hours to complete the transfer. Mine was completed in about 12 hours from the time I took delivery.

They warned me that if I supercharge before the transfer was complete, that I'd be liable for those supercharging fees. I told them that in the contract, item 3 actually states that the interim supercharging fees (except for the $1/min idle fees) would be reimbursed upon request. I was going to supercharge anyway just to see what would happen, but my transfer went through before I could find out what would happen. According to chillaban above, the interim fees were reimbursed directly to the credit card.

Best of luck in your new vehicle and supercharging transfer

Correct. It and the app both say PAYG. No confirmation at all. The only evidence is reversing the automatic $250 self referral credit.
thanks for the info. that makes me feel a lot better.

I took delivery of a new Y yesterday at 11:30 am and the "Free Supercharging" appeared this morning at 9am, so it seems to be getting done promptly.

Curious, did you take delivery from inventory or did you order?
If you ordered, how long did it take? When did you place the order?
Congrats and thanks.

If anyone else wants to chime in on how long their order took, feel free. I'm getting ready to place my order and am wondering approximately how long I can expect to wait if they don't have my choice in inventory.

Curious, did you take delivery from inventory or did you order?
If you ordered, how long did it take? When did you place the order?
Congrats and thanks.

If anyone else wants to chime in on how long their order took, feel free. I'm getting ready to place my order and am wondering approximately how long I can expect to wait if they don't have my choice in inventory.
I ordered on 10/23 from the Tesla store in Rocklin. They looked for an inventory match, but there were none (I ordered a Performance, Blue Paint/Black Interior, tow hitch), but I had a VIN within a couple of days. Took delivery on 11/2. I think the Y has pretty good availability right now.

Ordered blue Y LR with tow hitch on 10-26 and was told that it was due to arrive on 10-31 and that I had three days to get paperwork in order and pick it up. Picked it up yesterday afternoon at Colorado Springs after a 266 mile drive across the mountains. Car had been detailed and was immaculate — not a smudge inside or out. Zero issues of any kind that I could find.

Camped at Mueller State Park last night, to avoid driving home at deer-o'clock. Stopped at the Supercharger Station in Montrose CO and it was free as usual.

IMG_20231103_170843877_HDR.jpgIMG_20231104_072152255.jpgIMG_20231104_115821408.jpg

Ordered blue Y LR with tow hitch on 10-26 and was told that it was due to arrive on 10-31 and that I had three days to get paperwork in order and pick it up. Picked it up yesterday afternoon at Colorado Springs after a 266 mile drive across the mountains. Car had been detailed and was immaculate — not a smudge inside or out. Zero issues of any kind that I could find.

Camped at Mueller State Park last night, to avoid driving home at deer-o'clock. Stopped at the Supercharger Station in Montrose CO and it was free as usual.

View attachment 988052View attachment 988051View attachment 988050
Nice. Thanks for sharing. You were in my area. Glad to hear the shop had your car well prepared.

picked up the car on Sat. this morning around 9ish the supercharge got transferred. weird thing is mine showed up as "free unlimited supercharge" like my 2015 S while the post from another member showed "free supercharge". is there really any difference between "free supercharge" vs " "free unlimited supercharge"?

picked up the car on Sat. this morning around 9ish the supercharge got transferred. weird thing is mine showed up as "free unlimited supercharge" like my 2015 S while the post from another member showed "free supercharge". is there really any difference between "free supercharge" vs " "free unlimited supercharge"?
Login to tesla.com and go to your car page. Right click and select View Source. Scroll to the bottom and look at the line that starts with {"props"
If you have FUSC it will contain $SC01. If it says $SC05, it's the 'free supercharging' version.