Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here, 1-year supercharging applies to me. Before 01/01/2021, it subtracted from my 1k referred miles. I could only used once with my 1k referred miles since I took the car on 12/28/2020. With 1-year supercharging, the 1k referred miles is a waste since it will be expired in 6 months, so you don't have a chance to use it :)
I hope tesla can postpone 1k referred miles after 1-year supercharging, Jan 2022, that would be nice :)

Yet another aspect of "Tesla" that hasn't been managed well.

Picked up 88xxx on 12/26. 1000 Supercharger miles in my toolbox. Supercharged on day 2, screen shows a charge of $10.80, but 110 miles was deducted from my toolbox.

I've since Supercharged 3 times, and nothing shows up in my Account History, nor have any more miles been deducted from my referral amount...still showing 890.

My SC told me, and several on this forum have heard the same: official notification of the "Free Year Supercharging" should show up mid-January. Until then, I'm not going to worry about it.

I do think 1-year supercharging already kicked in since 01/01/2021 that's why we don't see the deduction of referred 1000miles when you do free supercharging.
Anyway, the referred 1000 miles is a waist, we won't be able to use it since it will be expired 6 months from now.

Free supercharging should apply to me (picked it up Dec 12) - but I am still hitting my referral credit when supercharging. When should I call to complain?
Good luck getting any Referral miles back. We had one Model S that was supposed to have 3 years free Supercharging and it took us almost a year to get the documented FSC offer activated and then 6 months later FSC shut off again. We ate up over a thousand referral miles before we realized it wasn’t working. Teslas response was that there is nothing they can do about the lost referral miles. Tesla is the least tech savvy car company or at least the most disorganized car company especially in so far as customer relations.

I was given 1000 “free referral” miles, used 45 to ops check SuperCharging and now it looks like the 955 miles are set to expire on March 7th. I will not run to my nearest SC just to fill up and use these free miles as it’s my opinion that since I’m not taking a road trip I shouldn’t be charging.

Elon throw us a bone and extend our expiration dates, do you really want folks like me cloaking up SC’ers for NO REASON.

I was given 1000 “free referral” miles, used 45 to ops check SuperCharging and now it looks like the 955 miles are set to expire on March 7th. I will not run to my nearest SC just to fill up and use these free miles as it’s my opinion that since I’m not taking a road trip I shouldn’t be charging.

Elon throw us a bone and extend our expiration dates, do you really want folks like me cloaking up SC’ers for NO REASON.

You make a very good point. (clogging!)

Does anybody account page show their free super charging for 1 year? Both my friend and sister's model 3s account page shows free super charging expiring 1/1/22. My account page still shows pay per use supercharging.

Attachments

• 3C3CB6D4-6C3E-4A41-BFEC-81435235BD1F.png
    3C3CB6D4-6C3E-4A41-BFEC-81435235BD1F.png
    251.6 KB · Views: 76
  • A4A4FB3D-E700-41A2-8E63-40F764283D74.jpeg
    A4A4FB3D-E700-41A2-8E63-40F764283D74.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 62