Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front End... Hmmmmmm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
x8XQOQ9.jpg

2014-Chevrolet-Corvette-C7-artists-rendering-626x382.jpg

That is Corvette C7-like...
It also looks like a chevy Camaro. I am not fan if the bow or pointy tips. I prefer the x grill on the 3 front better. But overall the front of the 3 shows no resemblance of s or x, i guess this is part of what elon said it doesnt look like other cars.

OK, I like the Corvette. Credit to one company for designing something which still looks good and retains aerodynamics with the front plate.

The other three are butt-ugly with the plates attached. As are all the other proposals people have put out.

The Corvette front end is so different from Model 3 that I don't think it's a plausible model for redesign (though a good Photoshop could convince me), so I do not consider my challenge to have been met.

OK, I like the Corvette. Credit to one company for designing something which still looks good and retains aerodynamics with the front plate.

The other three are butt-ugly with the plates attached. As are all the other proposals people have put out.

The Corvette front end is so different from Model 3 that I don't think it's a plausible model for redesign (though a good Photoshop could convince me), so I do not consider my challenge to have been met.

All plates on the front are ugly. Why should those who live in states that don't require front plates be forced to have that blunt useless space that kills aero efficiency? The point was that there are numerous ways to mount a front plate that don't require a blunt surface. Only have to look as far as Tesla's first car to prove that point. And I don't recall an outcry over the Roadster's nose wishing it had a flat plate surface.

Instead, if we really care about efficiency and energy savings let's see the laws change for rear view mirrors and front plates.

All plates on the front are ugly.
Nonsense. Front plates look great when they're mounted properly on a properly designed car.

And I don't recall an outcry over the Roadster's nose wishing it had a flat plate surface.
Hey, I complained about it! :D

Instead, if we really care about efficiency and energy savings let's see the laws change for rear view mirrors and front plates.
No thank you. Safety and accountabililty first. And while we're talking safety, I'd like the all-mechanical handbrake back too, but I guess that's a lost cause. :(

One idea could be that when configuring the car we get to choose between the "range extender" or "less akward" nosecone. This said, it would remove the "look this is a Tesla!" effect.

I don't have the skills but I would be really curious to have someone photoshop the nosecone so that it looks a bit more like the S. Still in one piece i.e. without a grill but better looking than the current one. Just so that we get an idea... Anyone up for the challenge?

Reactions: SteveG3
One idea could be that when configuring the car we get to choose between the "range extender" or "less akward" nosecone. This said, it would remove the "look this is a Tesla!" effect.

I don't have the skills but I would be really curious to have someone photoshop the nosecone so that it looks a bit more like the S. Still in one piece i.e. without a grill but better looking than the current one. Just so that we get an idea... Anyone up for the challenge?
Never mind! Just saw this one which is really good :
Not bad! Certainly makes it look more refined and well....finished.

Here's my attempt at removing the snout:

kvSSm2X.jpg