Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
when mine came back form the service center ( it was done in 4 hrs) . I had todo some driving ( about 15 miles) to get the cameras to be calibrated ( could not use EAP,NOA AP during that time).. it didnt seem to affect my score but I made sure I was in "Grandma mode" personally while I was driving around lettings the cameras calibrate
And no driving they did affected your Safety Score? Did you get FSD Beta yet? Either 10.8 or 10.8.1?

And no driving they did affected your Safety Score? Did you get FSD Beta yet? Either 10.8 or 10.8.1?
Hi no I was at 99 for most of my 30 days prior but was creeping in on a 100 with some good daily drives just prior , once they were calibrated, I got 10.8 about a week later. I got in a couple of drives before the snows here. ti really hated no lines and snow as the definition of the road dimensions but does function. im a april build 2017

Speaking of Safety Scores, has anyone had the Service Center ruin their Safety Score with their test drives after replacing cameras?
Generally there is no test drive after a camera replacement. It's not part of the replacement protocol. Thus, I expect they won't be damaging your score. You will be driving the car to re-calibrate the cameras.

• Informative
Reactions: KrenGrl and T-Mom
Camera Retrofit and FSD Beta rollout tracker:

Camera PN Tracker:
Now that our cameras were replaced this morning I went to update the spreadsheet but it is drastically changed. There is no longer the list of users where we filled in our data. Are we not doing that anymore? @Lowchrg @appleguru

Just confirming that a hard reset with both steering wheel buttons + brake will no longer erase a bad drive. Gonna be a chore maintaining this 100.
We have found the same thing. We tested it right after installing V11 2021.44.25.2 on Friday.

Today we got our RCCB cameras. We currently have a pure 100 Safety Score for the last 30 days with just under 1000 miles driven. Hopefully we'll get FSD Beta 10.8.1 (2021.44.30.5) soon.

Today we got our RCCB cameras. We currently have a pure 100 Safety Score for the last 30 days with just under 1000 miles driven. Hopefully we'll get FSD Beta 10.8.1 (2021.44.30.5) soon.
I've been actively avoiding my 2017 X until the FSD beta gets installed (I'm sick of driving it unsafely to maintain the safety score). I think I've done everything possible since receiving the camera upgrades, but would appreciate the hive-mind weighing in to confirm:

• >100mi covered
  • >7 day driving history
  • MCU2 (paid) upgrade
  • HW3 (included) upgrade
  • RCCB camera upgrade (Dec 2021)
  • camera recalibration
  • 100 safety score

Currently running 2021.44.25.2
unSafetyScore.png

In contrast, my 2018 X (HW2.5 -> HW3) received FSD 10.8 late Dec 2021 (with a lower safety score) and subsequently, FSD 10.8.1 last night.

Driving with FSD has radically challenged my assumptions (for the better) of what the future of self driving will enable, particularly regarding safety.

Last edited:
I've been actively avoiding my 2017 X until the FSD beta gets installed (I'm sick of driving it unsafely to maintain the safety score). I think I've done everything possible since receiving the camera upgrades, but would appreciate the hive-mind weighing in to confirm:

>100mi covered
>7 day driving history
MCU2 (paid) upgrade
HW3 (included) upgrade
RCCB camera upgrade (Dec 2021)
100 safety score

Currently running 2021.44.25.2
View attachment 754309

In contrast, my 2018 X (HW2.5 -> HW3) received 10.8 late Dec 2021 (with a lower safety score) and subsequently, 10.8.1 last night.

Driving with FSD has radically challenged my assumptions (for the better) of what the future of self driving will enable, particularly regarding safety.

I think the mileage and day requirement has been mildly debunked after a subscriber obtained Beta after 1 day and 7 miles of driving in a Model 3.

You should be good to go, now it’s just up to the mothership when your car gets beta.

Like any software update, sometimes cars fall behind and don’t get them on the same schedule as others.

Please keep us posted!

Reactions: dogldogl
help me out on that one. I can't possibly imagine it is unsafe to drive in a way that maintains a good score....

Since you asked :There are a multitude of extremely narrow, winding, parked-car-laden streets enroute to any destination that commences from my driveway.

In such a circumstance, driving beneath the SS thresholds is largely safe, ironically, when there is no other traffic on the road;
  • False Forward Collision Warnings (FCW) are only avoidable by; driving ~3mph (not appreciated by traffic that's following) or engaging autopilot (dangerous failtown, on unmarked streets of this flavor).
  • Approaching successive 4-way stops, on extremely steep streets (from the uphill side) at deceleration rates beneath the SS Hard Braking threshold, leads to inevitable priority confusion from the other 3 drivers at those intersections. (this conjecture isn't theoretical)
If one wishes to cause a series of accidents, or at the very least, ensure a steady stream of horn blaring & road rage, the above are three rapid methods to achieve same. 🤣