Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my service center appt for the camera retrofit yesterday was unsuccessful. Despite me bringing up concerns to double check that the right parts were ordered for the retrofit, they somehow had the wrong parts on hand and rescheduled me ~3 weeks out. They didn't specify which part(s) were incorrect, but they did mention something to the effect of "one of the camera parts was for newer Model S cars" (facepalm)

In talking with @scarelli over on Twitter, it's possible that my Service Center thinks they're ordering the newest revision triple cam based on the number ending in "C" (versus "B"), but ignoring the fact that the base part numbers between the "B" and "C" part are different.

Here is the latest invoice/estimate for the future service appointment. Every time I try to bring up the part number concerns, I'm promptly dismissed with remarks like "we order parts based on the bulletin" and "we'll order the right cameras for FSD". Any tips on convincing my Service Center to order the proper cameras?

1641698450700.png

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
So someone WITHOUT new cams got FSD Beta…
Interesting! We’ve known for a while (since green tested it) that cars with RCCC cameras actually work fine on the current FSD betas. I assume tesla has one (or more) reasons for saying we needed camera upgrades though, like wanting to only train a single model, or needing to be able to detect yellow and other colors for future environment detection (like turn signals).

If this car indeed has RCCC cameras, then my earlier guess that tesla was using vitals (or car data value) data to track camera upgrades may have been wrong… maybe they’re just manually managing a VIN list of those reported to have received the upgrades and this car slipped onto it?

I opted back in (cause I'm still unsure if camera invites are being sent to non-opted in people) but I still need about 20 more miles before I hit the 100. I doubt there's going to be any camera availability any time soon so we'll see if I get a push since I think anecdotally I've been getting releases pretty quickly.

I opted back in (cause I'm still unsure if camera invites are being sent to non-opted in people) but I still need about 20 more miles before I hit the 100. I doubt there's going to be any camera availability any time soon so we'll see if I get a push since I think anecdotally I've been getting releases pretty quickly.
When you opted back in did your score reset to 100? Some one the forum said that the car was recording while even opted out and on the return back in the score was less than 100.

This is interesting, I wish I had got my score upto 98% by now(96 is the best I had and now 94 after the drive in snow last couple of days), as it's been sick of waiting for camera upgrades and with the only car in the family it's tough to maintain 98% all time time waiting for cam upgrades or FSD Beta.

@Jackman and @JK_Data could you verify that you had the triple cam with part number 1089531-00-C installed? I was looking at the Camera Upgrade status tracker spreadsheet in the OP, and it looks like you have FSD beta despite having what we all believed to be the wrong camera part installed. My appointment to have the upgraded cameras installed is next week. I was originally supposed to have 1089531-00-C triple cam installed, but I pestered the service center enough to where they said they would also order the 1120520-00-B triple cam and let the technician figure out which one to install.

Interestingly enough, the Camera Part # tracking spreadsheet indicates I don't have the "correct" pillar cams slated for install (1092307-00-G and 1092306-S0-D). But the OP makes it seem like they could still be valid part numbers, i.e. they are RCCC cams
I can confirm cameras upgraded Dec 14th, just received FSD Beta today (1/9/22) for my late 2016 Model S

I wonder if you won't ever get an invite for the camera retrofit as when they ran a query of vehicles that need it your vehicle wasn't included since it already had the necessary cameras.
I did the same thing and still received an invite for camera upgrades.
I posted earlier what happened, but they ordered all 5 cameras and only replaced the b pillar camera (I didn't change them)

Last edited:
Reactions: Charliek
This is interesting, I wish I had got my score upto 98% by now(96 is the best I had and now 94 after the drive in snow last couple of days), as it's been sick of waiting for camera upgrades and with the only car in the family it's tough to maintain 98% all time time waiting for cam upgrades or FSD Beta.
The 2.0 cameras guy‘s latest Tweets say he no longer has FSD Beta. Weird.

Speaking of Safety Scores, has anyone had the Service Center ruin their Safety Score with their test drives after replacing cameras? Our car goes in Monday for the camera replacements. We're at a true 100 right now with all 100 days the last 30+ days. I really don't want the Service Center to ruin it, especially if we don't get our car back the same day.
when mine came back form the service center ( it was done in 4 hrs) . I had todo some driving ( about 15 miles) to get the cameras to be calibrated ( could not use EAP,NOA AP during that time).. it didnt seem to affect my score but I made sure I was in "Grandma mode" personally while I was driving around lettings the cameras calibrate