Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My cameras, i know are not full color, including the side repeaters. Only the rear camera is full color. I was sure i wouldn't get the Beta based on what i was reading.
How can you have an 11/17 with the old cameras?
Could you post a screenshot of a dashcam recording or sentry clip ?

This is what the old camera videos look like:

How can you have an 11/17 with the old cameras?
Could you post a screenshot of a dashcam recording or sentry clip ?

This is what the old camera videos look like:
Just a theory but is it possible that he had AP2.5 but older cameras? My service center says each Tesla is like a Frankenstein car. They have to look at each cars build sheet to figure out what the car actually has parts wise. If he had the AP2.5 it would trigger the software gods to give it to him. Does not mean it will work as good as a full color camera car? Who knows.

My Model X was built September 6th 2017 (according to service center) and does not have the new cameras either.
The built date is on the top left corner of the (front driver side) door sticker

Attachments

• door sticker.jpg
    door sticker.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Informative
Reactions: Krash
Has anyone who has opted out received software update 2021.36.8 with Sentry Mode live camera views? On the MN Tesla Club Facebook page it's quite heartbreaking to see everyone who has FSD posting that they're getting FSD Beta & everyone who doesn't have FSD posting that now they can see their cameras live on their phone. I'm wondering if maybe being opted in means we won't get 2021.36.8 because our cars are waiting for an FSD build, and so maybe opting out would allow us to get 2021.36.8.

Reactions: c0smicdirt
Has anyone who has opted out received software update 2021.36.8 with Sentry Mode live camera views? On the MN Tesla Club Facebook page it's quite heartbreaking to see everyone who has FSD posting that they're getting FSD Beta & everyone who doesn't have FSD posting that now they can see their cameras live on their phone. I'm wondering if maybe being opted in means we won't get 2021.36.8 because our cars are waiting for an FSD build, and so maybe opting out would allow us to get 2021.36.8.
Negative here. I opted out about a week ago, no new software update pushed to me.

I had already upgraded the cameras in my 17 Model X for better dashcam video mo the ago, and didn’t get the Beta. Obviously the car’s config also needs to be updated.

Went to the local Service Center, and asked them to update the config to reflect the updated cameras. They refused. I got the sense they don’t want to get in trouble with all the attention that is being placed on the camera issue. They were apologetic, but said I just need to wait.

On another note: I just opted out. Time to enjoy the car again while waiting.

I had already upgraded the cameras in my 17 Model X for better dashcam video mo the ago, and didn’t get the Beta. Obviously the car’s config also needs to be updated.

Went to the local Service Center, and asked them to update the config to reflect the updated cameras. They refused. I got the sense they don’t want to get in trouble with all the attention that is being placed on the camera issue. They were apologetic, but said I just need to wait.

On another note: I just opted out. Time to enjoy the car again while waiting.
I’m in no way defending Tesla with how they’ve handled this, but one challenge is what will we even be categorized? We wouldn’t technically be an AP 2.5 car with just camera upgrades. I’m not surprised they won’t recategorize a DIY upgrade. Too bad because I would have happily paid to upgrade my cameras to get out of 2nd class citizen status.