Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing announced, but that would be my expectation in general- all needed HW will be free if you own FSD, and customer-cost to install if you rent it.
And that is what @wk057 is fighting. Tesla has claimed that the cars have all the hardware for FSD. If they don't, then Tesla needs to upgrade the hardware on their dime, whether the person paid up front for FSD, is activating a subscription, or using only basic Autopilot or EAP.

And that is what @wk057 is fighting. Tesla has claimed that the cars have all the hardware for FSD. If they don't, then Tesla needs to upgrade the hardware on their dime, whether the person paid up front for FSD, is activating a subscription, or using only basic Autopilot or EAP.

No, they don't.

If you don't buy FSD then your HW being unable to run FSD is not in any way damaging to you, so Tesla has no obligation to correct that.

Hughes wants it anyway to hack it- which Tesla has no obligation to enable him doing at the companies expense.

EAP and basic AP work fine on existing HW- so again no obligation or reason Tesla would owe you a free upgrade that doesn't enable anything you didn't buy.

No, they don't.

If you don't buy FSD then your HW being unable to run FSD is not in any way damaging to you, so Tesla has no obligation to correct that.

Hughes wants it anyway to hack it- which Tesla has no obligation to enable him doing at the companies expense.

EAP and basic AP work fine on existing HW- so again no obligation or reason Tesla would owe you a free upgrade that doesn't enable anything you didn't buy.
But Tesla has lied in their advertising then. Tesla has claimed the cars have all the hardware for FSD. Just because a particular car isn't currently using that hardware doesn't mean Tesla can lie in their advertising.

But Tesla has lied in their advertising then. Tesla has claimed the cars have all the hardware for FSD. Just because a particular car isn't currently using that hardware doesn't mean Tesla can lie in their advertising.

Tesla does not advertise of course.

Apart from that in order to sue someone you have to show you've been harmed in some way.

You have to provide evidence you've been damaged and then quantify the $ those damages represent.

"I don't have the hardware to use software I don't own" is damages of $0.00.

Especially when the company points out "If you buy the SW, we do any needed HW upgrades to run it for free"

If you wanna sue Tesla for $0.00....uh go ahead I guess.

Tesla does not advertise of course.

Apart from that in order to sue someone you have to show you've been harmed in some way.

You have to provide evidence you've been damaged and then quantify the $ those damages represent.

"I don't have the hardware to use software I don't own" is damages of $0.00.

Especially when the company points out "If you buy the SW, we do any needed HW upgrades to run it for free"

If you wanna sue Tesla for $0.00....uh go ahead I guess.
Tesla's official Twitter account & information published on their website are advertising. Just because they don't buy TV commercials doesn't mean they don't advertise.

disagree.png

Do you have some evidence FSD computer upgrades are not possible via mobile service- or are you just spamming disagrees at this point?

• Funny
Reactions: Zion_M3
He has a point. Either it's included or it's not. Which means either his tweet was a statement by the officer of the company, or it wasn't. Honestly, I'm starting to think Elon just finds our suffering humorous - it's just money to keep throwing at the lawyers. He's got plenty of that. I'll add that to my list of possible speculation with he's such an a** when it comes to communication with customers. Honestly he'd be better off deleting his Twitter account - seems its only purpose is to inflate his over-active ego anyway. Certainly it's not accurate or useful for either inbound or outbound corporate information.

View attachment 728160

Do you have some evidence FSD computer upgrades are not possible via mobile service- or are you just spamming disagrees at this point?
Even if they will be, which they won’t as I believe the calibration of installing new cameras is likely going to be needed in-house, you’d still have to make your car available which isn’t easy for everyone especially us with very mobile jobs. Don’t take it so personally, we’re all friends here

Reactions: hybridbear
Tesla's official Twitter account & information published on their website are advertising. Just because they don't buy TV commercials doesn't mean they don't advertise.
That is called marketing which advertising falls also under. Yet you have to pay for advertising. I have been corrected here many a time, and by my wife. While it may cost money to produce the commercials and videos. Tweets are free for the most part, and so is Youtube and Insta. (you could pay for promotion)

One might say Tesla is using this strategy:

Guerilla Marketing

Guerilla marketing describes an unconventional and creative marketing strategy intended to get maximum results from minimal resources.

I think everyone that purchases FSD deserves to have it carried forward to one additional new Tesla for free after it is no longer beta. And before it is completed it should be transferred to an unlimited number of new Tesla autos, only one active FSD though. This would mean private selling a Tesla would result in FSD being removed. I am shocked at the lack of empathy for all the true early adopters from 5+ years ago from Tesla.
I'd have to disagree with you. I think Elon should be all MCU1 OEM purchasers a brand new Plaid instead. :oops::oops: What else is he going to do with his billions of dollars? You can only spend so much!

View attachment 728160

Technically, they can but for efficiency and cost savings, I don't believe they do them via mobile any longer. In the past, Tesla did some FSD computer upgrades with mobile service but often ran into issues where the software updates wouldn't work and it would take hours to get the firmware installed correctly. Because of this, they stopped doing mobile upgrades of the FSD computer. By doing the updates at a service center, the service tech can work on multiple cars at the same time instead of having to sit and wait for hours for the firmware to be installed successfully.

Honestly, I'm starting to think Elon just finds our suffering humorous -

....suffering?

OMG I HAVE TO WAIT A COUPLE WEEKS OR MONTHS FOR FREE UPGRADES TO THE SELF DRIVING CAMERAS ON MY $100,000 CAR! OH THE HUMANITY!!!

There's homeless and folks with stage 4 cancer- and you're SUFFERING because your Model S can't get early release software.

Jebus Crisco folks. Get ahold of yourself.

it's just money to keep throwing at the lawyers.

What lawyers?

Nobody is suing over this- because as explained, they have damages of $0.00 and no lawyer works for free.

Note PAIN AND SUFFERING, the kind where people actually suffer, CAN be sued for. Again- no such suits happening because damages remain $0.00

Honestly he'd be better off deleting his Twitter account - seems its only purpose is to inflate his over-active ego anyway. Certainly it's not accurate or useful for either inbound or outbound corporate information.

This is exactly the opposite of that.

Prior to his tweet nobody knew if there'd even BE supported upgrades for AP2 camera cars, much less if they'd be free or not.

If he'd not said anything you'd still not know.

Would that not compound your "suffering"?

Now you know you WILL get upgrades. For free.

Only thing pending is how quickly Tesla internally will arrange for it to happen.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

View attachment 728160

Even if they will be, which they won’t as I believe the calibration of installing new cameras is likely going to be needed in-house, you’d still have to make your car available which isn’t easy for everyone especially us with very mobile jobs. Don’t take it so personally, we’re all friends here

Nothing announced, but that would be my expectation in general- all needed HW will be free if you own FSD, and customer-cost to install if you rent it.
So I press the subscribe button and they make me buy the FSD HW3 hardware which I pay for
Then I pay 99 to find out that I can't get FSD beta due to cameras Then you tell me I might need to pay for cameras now.

That is not sitting well but again at least I did not pay $5000 in 2017 for this.

Reactions: dbldwn02
So I press the subscribe button and they make me buy the FSD HW3 hardware which I pay for
Then I pay 99 to find out that I can't get FSD beta due to cameras Then you tell me I might need to pay for cameras now.
Best I can tell, the AP3/camera upgrade are free to FSD "purchasers". But FSD "subscribers" do need to pay for upgrades. At least, that's my understanding. Someone correct me if that's wrong. But if subscribing, you very well may be correct.