Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am really tired of maintaining my 100 safety score and I have finally decided to opt out until after I get the cameras replaced.
I should have done this on the day Elon mentioned we needed new cameras.
There will not be a prize for having been opted in the longest, and obviously it is not a place holder, as all is needed is 100 miles, which I can do in a couple of days... will probably opt back in if/when I see evidence that our cars start getting FSD beta.

I am really tired of maintaining my 100 safety score and I have finally decided to opt out until after I get the cameras replaced.
There will not be a prize for having been opted in the longest, and obviously it is not a place holder, as all is needed is 100 miles, which I can do in a couple of days... will probably opt back in if/when I see evidence that our cars start getting FSD beta.
Has it been confirmed that you can still get the camera upgrades without being opted in to FSD?

I should have done this months ago. I let my wife borrow the car for a day and, well…

Maintaining 100 in traffic around here requires… very creative driving.

Attachments

• 327B969E-CEB8-4F88-A24B-C60EA92879DA.png
    327B969E-CEB8-4F88-A24B-C60EA92879DA.png
    215.3 KB · Views: 76
And he has two of the same left cameras instead of one of the right side ones. He said they were labeled wrong somewhere along the way. He’s putting the old cameras back on and rescheduling. 😭
Sorry… honestly it seems there have been more failed attempts than successful ones at this point … why do screw ups have to be so common with this company…

Sorry… honestly it seems there have been more failed attempts than successful ones at this point … why do screw ups have to be so common with this company…
@scarelli
You're so right.
And the real shame is too many of the lower level SC & call center people take an attitude that they are ALL KNOWING and us mere Owners shouldn't question their authority.
Pathetic!

I thought we’ve had multiple posts where the C camera is RCCC and the B was RCCB (can tell through dash cam footage), and the newer Model S/X that have been on FSD Beta are using the newer B cameras.
Thanks @lonnielevi. These are lay observations (no offense intended) of the color of a user-accessible video. I’m very interested in whether FSD beta has been activated on either triplecam (B or C) configuration (I’ve been unable to ascertain this to date - would appreciate a definitive source for this info if you can recall). A proven FSD datapoint in either (or both) configurations would surpass conjecture.
Thankyou sincerely.

Reactions: Jackman
Thanks @lonnielevi. These are lay observations (no offense intended) of the color of a user-accessible video. I’m very interested in whether FSD beta has been activated on either triplecam (B or C) configuration (I’ve been unable to ascertain this to date - would appreciate a definitive source for this info if you can recall). A proven FSD datapoint in either (or both) configurations would surpass conjecture.
Thankyou sincerely.
As far as we know, no one with upgraded cameras has received FSD Beta, only cars that came from the factory with RCCB cameras (AP2.5). Those are the B part number from the factory. No cars with the C part number (AP 2.0 RCCC cameras) have FSD Beta.

Friend of mine was getting cameras replaced today mobile. They broke the connector in the fender camera. Now he has to take into service to get that fixed. His autopilot and cruise control is inop until they fix. Who knows how long that will take to get that wiring harness. After 10 years of service I expect more. Unbelievable they can’t get their *sugar* together on service. That
“sugar“ is obviously another word. 😉

Thankyou sincerely.
The -C part number is 100% wrong / is absolutely the exact same as the RCCC camera that is already in your car. There are NO datapoints for what you’re asking, as none of us that have been lucky enough to receive the camera upgrades have been invited to FSD beta yet.

With all that said, the current versions of FSD beta actually work just fine *with* the RCCC cameras, though Tesla must have plans to change that (eg, for future turn signal detection) or they wouldn’t be going through all this trouble of upgrading cameras…

And he has two of the same left cameras instead of one of the right side ones. He said they were labeled wrong somewhere along the way. He’s putting the old cameras back on and rescheduling. 😭
Should have had him just swap one of the new cameras into the old b piller fascia glass; the actual cameras on left/right b pillers are identical (and swapping them out is super easy).