Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's important about Mr Carelli?
He is as far as we know, the only person with a “legacy” car with camera swaps that has successfully gotten FSD Beta deployed in his car. So we’re all watching his car to see if we can expect “regular” deployments to make it to cars that have had the camera swaps.

Not the only one but one of very few...
However only one that actively communicates about it.

Not the only one but one of very few...
However only one that actively communicates about it.
Right good point. I forgot to check the spreadsheet.

I believe he's also the owner that got things moving back in December by being in communication with Andrej Karpathy from Tesla. They communicated via DMs on Twitter & that's how the first batch of RCCB upgraded cars got FSD back in late December.

That’s correct. Shawn has been crucial to our mission and helping get things done.

He is as far as we know, the only person with a “legacy” car with camera swaps that has successfully gotten FSD Beta deployed in his car. So we’re all watching his car to see if we can expect “regular” deployments to make it to cars that have had the camera swaps.
hmm, I don't think that is accurate, I believe there are a handful of us... tho he is the first I believe, and as Lowchrg said, an important figure to getting us where we're at today. But I've had FSD since Dec 31st on a December 2016 Model S, with the cameras replaced Dec 26th.

Edit - Looks like there's only 9 of us on the spreadsheet, wonder how many Legacy's have it that haven't taken part in the spreadsheet... bummer, I was thinking there were more of us by now. Hang in there gang, I'm pulling for you all to get it with the next update that goes out.

Hi All, I need a quick check on infotainment upgrade in request service options in the Tesla app. I have upgraded mine back in 2020 but this option is still available in service menu. Is this normal? I thought once infotainment upgrade is complete this option should disappear.

I just want to make sure my configuration updates are upto date and this won't cause an issue for beta eligibility

Hi All, I need a quick check on infotainment upgrade in request service options in the Tesla app. I have upgraded mine back in 2020 but this option is still available in service menu. Is this normal? I thought once infotainment upgrade is complete this option should disappear.

I just want to make sure my configuration updates are upto date and this won't cause an issue for beta eligibility
It's still in there for me, too.

Reactions: rajbsn
Nope. He and I got it at about the same day. If you go back 50 pages or so you will find others. This thread is becoming a book so it is hard to search

Last edited:
I don't believe the service menu has any awareness of what you've had done in the past.

The upgrades section in the app does (so for example 3/Y owners who bought the acceleration boost see that there, and if it's already purchased no longer shows as an option) but I'm unaware on if the MCU upgrade is displayed at all in that section as I don't own a legacy S/X.

• Informative
Reactions: brico84
…I'm unaware on if the MCU upgrade is displayed at all in that section as I don't own a legacy S/X.
Not in the current 4.6.1.891

For a mid 2017, under upgrades there are only “Software Upgrades” and “Accessory” listed. And a “Manage” gear icon.

If you have FSD, under “Software Upgrades” it simply states “You have all the software…” and then below lists Premium Connectivity, FSD, EAP and AP, either under “Buy” or “Subscribe”.

If you search under “Accessories” for “MCU” you get no results. If you search for “Infotainment” you only get the “Model S/X Wireless Phone Charger”. Nothing under parts. Surprisingly, the Interior section at least shows the “Enhanced Anti-theft Upgrade”.

“Manage” gear redisplays the software and has a toggle switch to allow “In-Car Upgrades”.

Nothing about the MCU.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Knightshade
I don't believe the service menu has any awareness of what you've had done in the past.

The upgrades section in the app does (so for example 3/Y owners who bought the acceleration boost see that there, and if it's already purchased no longer shows as an option) but I'm unaware on if the MCU upgrade is displayed at all in that section as I don't own a legacy S/X.
It may be that the Infotainment Upgrade is a standard listed option in the Service menu, i.e. it won't go away even after you have it done. It's still there for me as well, despite having it done over a year ago. But the Camera Upgrade option didn't come up for me until I officially got the invite for it, and it disappeared after the service was done (took 2 months due to delay/mixup).

Something interesting I've noticed about the TeslaFi tracker is that everyone who is getting pushed to 2022.8.2 was previously on 2022.4.5.3

No one like me who is on 2022.4.5.5 is getting 2022.8 🤔

The past 6 updates that happened my car got it within 2 days of discovery. I still haven't been pushed to 4.5.16 and randomly my safety score disappeared from the app and hasn't come back. TeslaFi still shows my score for every drive though...
I'm basically convinced my car is queued for the FSD update, it's just waiting for the team to flip the switch to allow new testers in.

Something interesting I've noticed about the TeslaFi tracker is that everyone who is getting pushed to 2022.8.2 was previously on 2022.4.5.3

No one like me who is on 2022.4.5.5 is getting 2022.8 🤔

The past 6 updates that happened my car got it within 2 days of discovery. I still haven't been pushed to 4.5.16 and randomly my safety score disappeared from the app and hasn't come back. TeslaFi still shows my score for every drive though...
I'm basically convinced my car is queued for the FSD update, it's just waiting for the team to flip the switch to allow new testers in.
I hope your theory is right. I am still on 2022.4.5.5. I usually try the trick where you toggle the Software Update between Standard and Advanced a few times to get the latest version, but I haven't done it this time because I'm worried it'll take me out of the imaginary queue and get the newer production builds pushed to me lol.

• Funny
Reactions: GoofyGoober