Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 11.4.4 - stalling in the middle of a turn

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's the issue I observed 2 times over past 24 hours. Notably, this happened at the intersections that weren't previously seen as problematic.

When making an unprotected left or right turn, FSD waits, commits to the turn and proceeds but then violently jerks steering wheel left/right and then stops in the middle of the lane being crossed/merged into.

Has this been a significant issue with prior versions of FSD?

Reactions: beachmiles
It's a new issue that started for many with 11.4.x. The planner (which projects the blue path your car takes) is being moved more and more to neural nets which are being trained. It will get smoothed out with new versions as the training data improves.

If you're comfortable, you can apply the accelerator to get it to continue, or disengage the system and finish the turn manually, then reengage, or stop using FSD Beta until the next major point release and retest.

• Helpful
Reactions: JB47394
Well, I'm kinda used to ADAS shenanigans, since I was using Comma Openpilot for several years. But this has been the hairiest situation so far.
I had to quickly disengage and finish the turn, but, as this has caught me completely off guard, I couldn't send a disengagement report.

Hope next time I'll be more prepared.

I noticed this, and just had to share a potential nightmare that happened to me yesterday. Two-way one lane road, engaged FSD and IMMEDIATELY the Tesla swerved hard RIGHT INTO an oncoming truck AT THE MOMENT it was coming up. I sent audio feedback, but I should have captured the video to share here..

That was nuts, it was a suicide move by the FSD beta system. Never had such a close-call before in this vehicle, or hardly ever in my life