Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 11.4.x bug fix priority poll

Which FSD bugs in version 11.4.x Tesla should fix first?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know that this poll has all the major bugs, but what about some of the trivial little things like:
  • Improve latency issues so the car doesn't panic brake on cross traffic after it has cleared the lane.
  • Enter a roundabout without coming to a complete stop.
  • Stop coming to a complete halt for oncoming traffic on narrow roads.
  • Stop changing into left turnout lane when heading straight on a 75 mph highway (or any road).
Some of these are kind of annoying.

Most annoying, not in the poll:

Make "Minimal Lane Changes" persist between trips.​
Include option to opt out of FSD β testing.​
And most dangerous:

Running stop signs​
2 Most annoying for me not in poll
  • Stopping too far from intersections. Drives people behind me crazy.
  • Failure to actually creep after stop and just zooming ahead without "looking"

• Enter a roundabout without coming to a complete stop.

What? No, roundabouts don't require a full stop to enter. That's one of the main points of roundabouts!

What Tesla does need to get figured out w/ roundabouts is not hesitating excessively when it's obviously clear. And I've had a few issues w/ failure to yield on roundabout entry with cars in the roundabout (feels like the car doesn't quite know how to slow down and assess cars potentially continuing around the circle).

Which 3 FSD bugs you want to be fixed in the next FSD V11?

I assume most bug fixes in V11 are just wasted time with V12 "end to end AI" coming soon (with the exception of auto-wipers potentially since those are separate from driving). I voted for a few minor fixes but suspect the real FSD improvements come with V12.

Oh my goodness! I've only had my car for 1300 miles, and FSD less of that, and I think I've experienced every one of those issues! I think safety-related bugs should get fixed first. I hate it when I'm starting to turn with traffic coming and FSD simply disengages - but autopilot keeps going and launched me into the turn with side-traffic bearing down on me. On the freeway, it's mostly good. Off the freeway, it's mostly bad, or at least worrisome.

What? No, roundabouts don't require a full stop to enter. That's one of the main points of roundabouts!

I have a large roundabout (50 yards across) where the typical speed to enter the roundabout without on coming traffic is 20 mph. FSD almost always treats this as a regular Stop sign or at best slows to 2 mph. When someone is behind me I always use the accelerator to push thru to avoid angry drivers.

What Tesla does need to get figured out w/ roundabouts is not hesitating excessively when it's obviously clear. And I've had a few issues w/ failure to yield on roundabout entry with cars in the roundabout (feels like the car doesn't quite know how to slow down and assess cars potentially continuing around the circle).

I assume most bug fixes in V11 are just wasted time with V12 "end to end AI" coming soon (with the exception of auto-wipers potentially since those are separate from driving). I voted for a few minor fixes but suspect the real FSD improvements come with V12.
I don't entirely agree. I believe bug fixes in V11 are worse than wasted time, because they are always like - fix bug that dry wipes windshield randomly and now as soon as car wakes up it pumps out all washer fluid until the tank is dry. Or fix bug that blows stop signs and now it always stops at stop signs, but accelerates toward them until the last second, them slams on the brakes and slides to a dead stop exactly aligned with the stop sign.

The problem with this is exacerbated by V12 looming in the future, (by year end of some year), and for however many years that will be, owners will, with every update, have to learn what new kinds of noises have been added to the fart library, what new dance steps have been added to the light show, and what new and deadly dangerous behaviors have been added to actual driving.😰

Reactions: kabin
Yep. TSLA seems to be using a wack-a-mole strategy with crutches for v11 bug fixes and system shortcomings. Unless something dramatic happens FSD will continue to be failure. Level 2 remains a worthy goal for mass production. TSLA's execution has been underwhelming to say the least.

My biggest complaints are general indeciveness, crutches like early stop sign brake/creep, insufficient brake regen use, excess acceleration in turns, freeway phantom braking, late entry into turns, excess braking for cars turning across ego path, excess jerk/uncomfortable use of steering/throttle/brake, and aft car remaining in the adjacent lane when turning. There's no shortage of issues.

Last edited:
biggest one for me isn't on there.
"While on a 70mph divided highway and the car route is straight on, prevent the car from taking side road off ramps that are 50 feet long"
Its just ridiculous that the car diverts off its route to take an offramp that is only safe to take at 30mph, it can't possibly stop.

biggest one for me isn't on there.
"While on a 70mph divided highway and the car route is straight on, prevent the car from taking side road off ramps that are 50 feet long"
Its just ridiculous that the car diverts off its route to take an offramp that is only safe to take at 30mph, it can't possibly stop.
That issue keeps coming up. I see there was another TSLA veering into a roadside tree. That's two in about a month's time. Gawd only knows if FSD/AP was enabled in the most recent case.

Screenshot 2023-10-16 165832.png

A little voice in my head always wonders "what would happen if I just didn't intervene right now?". Would it brake early enough to make the corner? Bail out back to the straight ahead lane? Try to take the corner at 50 mph, understeer, and crash?

Regarding the tree crash above, is there any evidence this involved AP or FSD or automation? The author is obviously quite anti-Tesla from a quick Google search, and if the driver (sadly) died there's not likely any reliable evidence available yet. Tesla likely can access the vehicle logs, so details may come out later. Until then, it's not really worth discussing in the context of FSD when people cause crashes all the time.

Regarding the tree crash above, is there any evidence this involved AP or FSD or automation?
I found the blog post from the image. It links on the word "veered" to a Fresno Bee article. That article mentions that the car was a Tesla. The word "veer" does not appear, and it is entirely about the couple that died.

From another article:
"From a witness, it appears the vehicle was going at a high rate of speed northbound Friant just north of Champagne when it struck a tree," said Lieutenant Henry Garcia with Fresno Police Department.

When police arrived on the scene, they found the couple's car in pieces.

If you look up the couple's name, you'll find plenty of articles talking about how tragic their deaths were because they were so well loved. Most of the articles I saw didn't even bother to mention that it was a Tesla. At the same time, other people with an angle to pursue will say things like "It was unclear if drugs or alcohol were involved".

I'd like to include a mention that it's not clear if alien death rays had anything to do with the crash. The Pentagon has not spoken on the matter.

Last edited:
Regarding the tree crash above, is there any evidence this involved AP or FSD or automation? The author is obviously quite anti-Tesla from a quick Google search, and if the driver (sadly) died there's not likely any reliable evidence available yet. Tesla likely can access the vehicle logs, so details may come out later. Until then, it's not really worth discussing in the context of FSD when people cause crashes all the time.

Apparently it happened Friday night so not much time for anything to possibly be made public. And TSLA will look at the data and if they don't want the public to know...

There was a poster here about a month ago that reported FSD caused his/her vehicle to make that characteristic sharp turn and resulted in a crash. If I remember correctly their goal was to see if anyone else was experiencing the same bug.