Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just want to finally be done with 3 months of driving like an idiot and annoying my neighbors just to meet a silly metric. If they had said 3 months ago "next new beta entrants will be at least 3 months from now", I would've waited longer to enroll at least. A week or three of it is an interesting game; 3 months of thinking "it might happen in the next week or two" is getting old fast.
I couldn't agree with you more. I didn't buy a Plaid so I can spend my life in the 2nd or 3rd lane getting passed by minivans . This is insane. The minimum they could do is say when they are allowing additional beta users.. We should all start tweeting a similar message to Elon and the AI team

I couldn't agree with you more. I didn't buy a Plaid so I can spend my life in the 2nd or 3rd lane getting passed by minivans . This is insane. The minimum they could do is say when they are allowing additional beta users.. We should all start tweeting a similar message to Elon and the AI team
I got FSD-beta in December 2021 with a safety score of 99. I was never penalized for aggressive/fast driving. Anyway, the safety score ain't really the thing, it's just some minimum requirement to get you in the line. It's like sn SAT score. An almost perfect score won't get you into Harvard but it does qualify you to be considered. With FSD-beta you qualify and then you get in when you get in, when they need you. Speculate all we want, it doesn't change a thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: bizi and Sigma4Life
I got FSD-beta in December 2021 with a safety score of 99. I was never penalized for aggressive/fast driving. Anyway, the safety score ain't really the thing, it's just some minimum requirement to get you in the line.It's like sn SAT score. An almost perfect score won't get you into Harvard but it does qualify you to be considered. With FSD-beta you qualify and then you get in when you get in, when they need you. Speculate all we want, it doesn't change a thing.

Yeah, but that line of thinking made more sense when new entrants joined from the queue on a regular basis in '21. The problem now is that there's a long gap between new entrants and no distinction between the "qualify" and "when we need you" phases, so I'm now stuck perpetually qualifying (and e.g. living in fear of overzealous FCWs that can happen in situations nobody would really find unsafe) without knowing anything about when they need me. I'd really love to be in the beta and I think I could uniquely contribute pretty useful data and reports, but if I un-enroll now, there could be a wide release tomorrow that I failed to get on board with and then I'm back to square one again. I'm stuck in perpetual qualifying limbo and not able to help. They could fix this a few different ways:

1. They could do an approval week (or two?) right after you push the button, then at the end of the approval trial say "Ok, you're approved with a score of 99" and turn off the Safety Score, and eventually move you to beta when it makes sense at some point in the next few months.
2. They could wait until they have a release they're fairly confident can go to a wider batch of testers, and *then* turn on the button and tell everyone they have a week or two to qualify.
3. They could even leave the current mechanisms alone, but communicate more clearly and accurately as to their expected timelines. If someone at Tesla had, back in January, said "given what's going on right now, we *probably* won't enroll more US drivers until at least X" and continued giving best-guess updates as they can, I would never have clicked the button back in January. I'd wait until it looked likely that I'd only have to qualify for a week or two.

I know this is on the AI Forum, but real quick has anyone experienced absolutely no sound coming from 8.2? Updated last night and have tried many TS steps to no avail. BT, Spotify, TuneIn, even caraoke doesn’t work. Blinker and Hazard noise does however.

On 10.2 currently and noticed some weird stuff with sound on FSD. Sometime when the blinker goes on I get a second on static and the radio / Spotify goes out. It stays out until I reset the car. It doesn't happen every time but does seem to happen about half the drives.

Yeah, but that line of thinking made more sense when new entrants joined from the queue on a regular basis in '21. The problem now is that there's a long gap between new entrants and no distinction between the "qualify" and "when we need you" phases, so I'm now stuck perpetually qualifying (and e.g. living in fear of overzealous FCWs that can happen in situations nobody would really find unsafe) without knowing anything about when they need me. I'd really love to be in the beta and I think I could uniquely contribute pretty useful data and reports, but if I un-enroll now, there could be a wide release tomorrow that I failed to get on board with and then I'm back to square one again. I'm stuck in perpetual qualifying limbo and not able to help. They could fix this a few different ways:

1. They could do an approval week (or two?) right after you push the button, then at the end of the approval trial say "Ok, you're approved with a score of 99" and turn off the Safety Score, and eventually move you to beta when it makes sense at some point in the next few months.
2. They could wait until they have a release they're fairly confident can go to a wider batch of testers, and *then* turn on the button and tell everyone they have a week or two to qualify.
3. They could even leave the current mechanisms alone, but communicate more clearly and accurately as to their expected timelines. If someone at Tesla had, back in January, said "given what's going on right now, we *probably* won't enroll more US drivers until at least X" and continued giving best-guess updates as they can, I would never have clicked the button back in January. I'd wait until it looked likely that I'd only have to qualify for a week or two.
They could do anything but the fact is they do what they do. This is not a line of thinking it's just fact. I requested FSD-beta in March of 2021, when the request was by email, when there was first a discussion of pushing FSD-beta to those who requested. I had driven 35k miles with entry into the beta program not even a possibility. The safety score thingy came out months later and I didn't get FSD-beta until December, 9 months after beginning the process. Waiting sucked but I was just glad there was now a method of entering the program. When you are waiting for something you really want it always speeds things up to not give a sh*t..........

Last edited:
Reactions: Ramphex
On 10.2 currently and noticed some weird stuff with sound on FSD. Sometime when the blinker goes on I get a second on static and the radio / Spotify goes out. It stays out until I reset the car. It doesn't happen every time but does seem to happen about half the drives.
Interesting. Thanks for that. When I say it went out after the software update, it was minutes later that I got back in the car and no audio. Just got off the phone with Support and as I suspected, I have done all TS steps. TikTok, Netflix and Hulu sound all don’t work either. She said to do a service appt and “enginnering will try to roll me back”. She acted funny when I asked her if this is a trend on 8.2.

This the topic were FSD 10.11.1 user feedback is supposed to go, no? Assuming a topic with feedback:

Two observations after limited use: first mile or two fine until an approaching car seemed to trigger a ~15mph slowdown in perhaps a couple seconds and loss of the visualizations with FSD still engaged. Looking at images, path swung slightly toward oncoming car in second frame,. I think the car disengaged and I kept driving.

This is similar to issues in previous versions but different for me in that I don't recall losing the visualizations on this road. What I wonder is how common this is when driving FSD, what causes it, and if this can be corrected.

02sec.jpg

03sec.jpg
04sec.jpg

FSD disconnected:

04secb.jpg

Second encouraging incident was taking a right turn properly that always previously failed. Previously either overshot the road changing mind about turning or trying to drive into the shrubbery just past a road I always take. I was so pleased!

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
I've never lost visualizations despite many disengagements with FSD beta. Looks like a bad bug caused something to crash. If you haven't done so already, try doing a two finger reset. I would do a reset even if visualizations have returned.

And the safety score didn't affect my driving at all. As a former NYC taxi driver of some years, I drive rather fast and aggressively. I didn't fundamentally change my driving for a score. I did follow the scoring to see where the software thought there was an issue, mostly out of curiosity. The observations were that I was often too aggressive with left turns, fair enough, when the road is empty I often cut across the lanes and that I was braking too aggressively. Braking? I don't even use no stinkin' brake........that said I'm very glad that scoring has gone away.....