Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• FE8F978E-CE85-4D72-A279-FC3BEAB57D5B.png
    FE8F978E-CE85-4D72-A279-FC3BEAB57D5B.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 62
Why..why..why...? What is taking soon long for us to get this release???
Calgon, please take me away.
I now officially have a better chance of obtaining a "full release" from my wife than from Tesla.
I'm certainly disappointed in the delay but for a very long time Tesla got criticized for not doing proper testing before releasing a build. Now that they "seem" to be a little more diligent they are getting alot of grief. Of course if Tesla communicated better they wouldn't get so many complaints.

Last edited:
This FSD Beta 10.11 release appears to mirror releases that eventually die. This brings me back to Elon's tweet about the 10.12 release. He still has not corrected that tweet or clarified why there's a disparity between that version number versus what is out now. Which leads me to think Tesla never intended for 10.11 to be a mass release, but rather a controlled release for 10.12.

If Canada is indeed expected to receive FSD beta the week of 21st of March as Elon mentioned, I expect 10.12 to be released to U.S. drivers and Canadians may either get that or their own numerical version for tracking purposes.

I still say one shouldn't be billed for FSD until they are able to use it. That would complicate the payment process, but a very solvable problem.
Strongly agree. People who pay for a product that never arrives, should be reimbursed. If the company refuses (which is what tesla does), that consumer has grounds for legal action.

You can "tesla fan boy gas light" all you want, that's how capitalism in a free society works

Reactions: Ramphex
Strongly agree. People who pay for a product that never arrives, should be reimbursed. If the company refuses (which is what tesla does), that consumer has grounds for legal action.

You can "tesla fan boy gas light" all you want, that's how capitalism in a free society works
This is not that black and white though right.
It’s not a product that will never arrive, and Tesla has not refused to deliver it.
It’s a product in development, is intended to be delivered in stages, that for most buyers was stated it will in so many words, eventually arrive.
So if this was never going to arrive I agree with you. If Tesla refused to deliver it, I would agree.
But that’s not the case. It’s not black and white.
The grey area, is how long it will or is taking.
That’s definitely a issue for many depending on what was stated when it was purchased.

If they scrap the project and it never launches, do you really think Tesla will reimburse all the people that have paid for many “copies” of FSD on multiple of their vehicles over the years? 😅
If they scrap it, (which I strongly believe is not the goal, and will not be necessary) yes. I know they will reimburse everyone. They wouldn’t really have a choice at that point anyway.

Reactions: sleepydoc
This is not that black and white though right.
It’s not a product that will never arrive, and Tesla has not refused to deliver it.
It’s a product in development, is intended to be delivered in stages, that for most buyers was stated it will in so many words, eventually arrive.
So if this was never going to arrive I agree with you. If Tesla refused to deliver it, I would agree.
But that’s not the case. It’s not black and white.
The grey area, is how long it will or is taking.
That’s definitely a issue for many depending on what was stated when it was purchased.
But the situation is getting so bad, that it is now that black and white. By typical industry standards, the life of a product is considered the duration a manufacturer is willing to warranty. The delay in delivery is now approaching the life of the product. So you buy an add on for a product, and wait the entire life of the product without delivery of the add on, that is considered failure to deliver

This would be fixed by making the add on transferrable, which tesla has refused to do. So from a litigation perspective, tesla has tied their own hands and is approaching increased legal vulnerability. Your interpretation is overly optimistic and open ended I'm afraid.

But the situation is getting so bad, that it is now that black and white. By typical industry standards, the life of a product is considered the duration a manufacturer is willing to warranty. The delay in delivery is now approaching the life of the product. So you buy an add on for a product, and wait the entire life of the product without delivery of the add on, that is considered failure to deliver

This would be fixed by making the add on transferrable, which tesla has refused to do. So from a litigation perspective, tesla has tied their own hands and is approaching increased legal vulnerability. Your interpretation is overly optimistic and open ended I'm afraid.
I’m not sure where you’ll find “Typical industry standards” for something that isn’t even close to a product or service that any industry really has. Also, not sure warranty comes in to play for something like this. …
Your stating its approaching the life of the product. Not sure that life span is easy to define, since the product is still being invented and progressively delivered. Tough argument I think.

Definitely not black and white for most buyers. Some early buyers may have more legal standings in some ways. Still not black and white though.

You’re stance is that it’s approaching a black and white failure to deliver. Then stating it’s fixable by allowing it to be transferable. .. how does that suggestion fit your black and white failure to deliver. ?
That just makes it still beta on a new car.
Not saying I don’t want this to be transferable, but that argument doesn’t support your black and white failure stance. It just makes it easier to hang tight. :)

I think we all really want this done soon though.

Pretty sure Bombegranate means the ability to transfer the license from your old trade in Tesla with FSD (trade in to Tesla) to a new Tesla so you don't have to buy FSD again.

While many still get confused or don't know it is known that FSD stays with the car as long as you don't sell/trade in to Tesla. If Tesla gets ownership of the car they can remove FSD if they want. But that is the only circumstance.

Last edited: