Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find it dumb that while on NAV on the freeway, I can't look at the screen to find the best supercharger without it telling me to pay attention
I learned that when it says that, simply disengage autopilot, drive for 5-10 sec, and re engage
I wonder what would happen if you were wearing sunglasses. I wear them regularly and almost never see the message. I did test it by intentionally looking down at my phone as if I was texting and it caught me so... ymmv.
Turning off autopilot to take your attention away from the road sounds just dangerous (not saying it's not necessary in your case).

It’s 5 now for everyone
That’s not what my car says with 10.10.2 ?

A879D8BE-236F-48F8-A410-06F60A626A69.jpeg

I wonder what would happen if you were wearing sunglasses. I wear them regularly and almost never see the message. I did test it by intentionally looking down at my phone as if I was texting and it caught me so... ymmv.
Turning off autopilot to take your attention away from the road sounds just dangerous (not saying it's not necessary in your case).
I wear polarized glasses while driving a all day. It doesn’t affect it. But if I look any direction but forward, it yells at me.

lol seems like a good video
I tried it with regular glasses and it still sees my eyes in the sun
however with polarized it's a hit or miss but for the most part it doesnt know
The new My's actually have an updated camera, it's a lot bigger with nice little air vents for the camera so not sure if it can detect eyes better

I find it dumb that while on NAV on the freeway, I can't look at the screen to find the best supercharger without it telling me to pay attention
I learned that when it says that, simply disengage autopilot, drive for 5-10 sec, and re engage
There is a YouTube video that shows you can look away for up to 8 (?) seconds if you look straight for one sec - and 8 seconds away etc.

You won't get any warning.

Basically it warns you if you look away for more than 8 seconds.

You do get a warning if you look away for more than 8 seconds. It beeps and says please pay attention. If you just look straight and jiggle the wheel it goes away. That doesn't count towards forced disengagement strikeouts. But if you ignore the warnings, you would get a strike.

Im not sure why people get multiple strikeouts, you get more than enough warning before it happens.

Reactions: d0nkn0tts
You do get a warning if you look away for more than 8 seconds. It beeps and says please pay attention. If you just look straight and jiggle the wheel it goes away. That doesn't count towards forced disengagement strikeouts. But if you ignore the warnings, you would get a strike.

Im not sure why people get multiple strikeouts, you get more than enough warning before it happens.
Not always. I had several strikes before FSD, many of which were without any warning beep. Since enrolling in FSD I’ve had 2 strikes. Both of them were occasions where I was focusing on the road and not paying attention to the screen and both of which occurred almost immediately after the first set of warning beeps despite me grabbing the steering wheel.

Do you have the FSD Beta Button on 2021.43.201? I've been stuck on 2021.43.201 for 6 weeks since delivery & don't have the button so can't even do my safety score
Do you have the FSD Beta Button on 2021.43.201? I've been stuck on 2021.43.201 for 6 weeks since delivery & don't have the button so can't even do my safety score
yes, and still at 100 safety score with no FSD. Weird that no button for you. Does not make sense to me.

Not always. I had several strikes before FSD, many of which were without any warning beep. Since enrolling in FSD I’ve had 2 strikes. Both of them were occasions where I was focusing on the road and not paying attention to the screen and both of which occurred almost immediately after the first set of warning beeps despite me grabbing the steering wheel.
strange. I'm not the most attentive when using FSD on roads that i've used it on regularly, and i have 0 strikeouts. I will get warnings and beeps, and the pay attention notification, but they've only been warnings. I wonder what the difference is, or what you need to do to get an automatic strikeout.

While driving today, I decided to test this out. I do most of my driving during the day and almost always wear sunglasses. I've rarely seen the "Please pay attention" warning, but felt like it was more about which way my head was facing, rather than eye position.

So, with my polarized sunglasses on, if I looked left, right, up, or down for an extended period (more than 8 seconds) but kept my face forward and chin up, it never "caught" me. I was still being as attentive and safe as possible, using my peripheral vision and was on a stretch of road with no other cars around. Then, when I turned my head left, right, up, or down but kept my eyes facing forward, staring directly at the road, I got the "Please pay attention" warning. This suggests to me that it can't see through the polarized lenses and just relies on head position.

However, I also tested without sunglasses on, and if I was looking away, but had my head facing forward and chin up, it did "catch" me. So, I guess it uses eyes when it can, but falls back onto head position if it can't see your eyes. I think that's about as good as they can do. If it yelled at me for wearing sunglasses, I wouldn't be able to use it. 😆