Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.13

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I traded in my M3 with fsd beta two weeks ago
I'm not sure if this messaging change from fsdbeta as of late June indicates an actual change or increased vagueness…
To transfer: If you have sold or traded your FSD Beta feature enabled vehicle and have purchased another, please provide us with the old VIN number to opt-out and request access on your new vehicle via “Request Full Self-Driving Beta” button.​
For reference, the response as recently as mid-June used to be:
If you have sold or traded in your FSD Beta feature enabled vehicle and have purchased another, please note that it is not transferable to your new vehicle. You can request access on your new vehicle via the “Request Full Self-Driving Beta” button.​
One interpretation is that you can actually transfer with fsdbeta team doing something special for your old and new VIN. Another interpretation is that you can "transfer" by doing the same safety score and opt-in steps and you might get FSD Beta again.

At least the new version of the message clearly includes the requirement of "At least 100 miles driven on Autosteer."

Unfortunately you start over and are given the same "respect" and priority as someone who has never seen a Tesla in their life and bought one the same day. You better work on that Safety Score. IMO this is one of Tesla's most obtuse moves and discourages people to upgrade.

Safety score imo is very important given the risky behavior of FSD beta. I know a couple reckless drivers that have paid for FSD but can’t get into the beta because they have safety scores in the 70-80s and have no clue how to improve. And tbh I’m glad they aren’t in it lol

I'm not sure if this messaging change from fsdbeta as of late June indicates an actual change or increased vagueness…
To transfer: If you have sold or traded your FSD Beta feature enabled vehicle and have purchased another, please provide us with the old VIN number to opt-out and request access on your new vehicle via “Request Full Self-Driving Beta” button.​
For reference, the response as recently as mid-June used to be:
If you have sold or traded in your FSD Beta feature enabled vehicle and have purchased another, please note that it is not transferable to your new vehicle. You can request access on your new vehicle via the “Request Full Self-Driving Beta” button.​
One interpretation is that you can actually transfer with fsdbeta team doing something special for your old and new VIN. Another interpretation is that you can "transfer" by doing the same safety score and opt-in steps and you might get FSD Beta again.

At least the new version of the message clearly includes the requirement of "At least 100 miles driven on Autosteer."
If you don't mind sharing, where did you get the late June messaging from fsdbeta? I am in the same situation, used fsdbeta for months and now dreading to even sign up for it since it will require unpredictable wait.

If you don't mind sharing, where did you get the late June messaging from fsdbeta? I am in the same situation, used fsdbeta for months and now dreading to even sign up for it since it will require unpredictable wait.
I just emailed them, the only way it’s will “transfer” is to opt in via the “button”. Get ready for a wait. Also, getting in now does seem unlikely, as the ramp up of 2022.20.6 installs seems to have picked up. I was hoping since I’m on 2022.16.3, and 10.13 is on .16, us on .16.3 *might* get in. I’d say if you’re opt’d in for the beta and receive 2022.20.6, good luck on actually getting 10.13.

I just emailed them, the only way it’s will “transfer” is to opt in via the “button”. Get ready for a wait. Also, getting in now does seem unlikely, as the ramp up of 2022.20.6 installs seems to have picked up. I was hoping since I’m on 2022.16.3, and 10.13 is on .16, us on .16.3 *might* get in. I’d say if you’re opt’d in for the beta and receive 2022.20.6, good luck on actually getting 10.13.
Good luck getting in on 2022.16.3. It seems like all are locked out now until V11. I wish Tesla would just tell everyone that; or what they plan to do, new tester wise.

Reactions: LowlyOilBurner
If you don't mind sharing, where did you get the late June messaging from fsdbeta
It was the autoresponder message from emailing fsdbeta@

I just emailed them, the only way it’s will “transfer” is to opt in via the “button”
When did you get the email response? I started seeing the "not transferable" message after January through this time last month. And at least as of 3 weeks ago, it has an explicit note about how "To transfer."

It was the autoresponder message from emailing fsdbeta@

When did you get the email response? I started seeing the "not transferable" message after January through this time last month. And at least as of 3 weeks ago, it has an explicit note about how "To transfer."
From the auto response email from this afternoon:

If you have sold or traded your FSD Beta feature enabled vehicle and have purchased another, please provide us with the old VIN number to opt-out and request access on your new vehicle via “Request Full Self-Driving Beta” button.

From the auto response email from this afternoon:

If you have sold or traded your FSD Beta feature enabled vehicle and have purchased another, please provide us with the old VIN number to opt-out and request access on your new vehicle via “Request Full Self-Driving Beta” button.
Wonder whether they're more concerned about unauthorized FSD Beta use in the transferred vehicle (seems like a risk!) or whether this actually does anything to expedite re-entry to FSD Beta (seems like it shouldn't - a new vehicle can be quite different for the new owner (different UI, different HP, different size, etc.), and the hardware could be defective, so immediate enabling doesn't seem like a good idea at all).

I definitely don't think they should be allowing quick transfer of FSD Beta to a new vehicle. It's just not really that big a deal whether one has it or not (I guess except for social media influencers, who might be monetizing it), and a new owner can wait a couple months or many months and get a good Safety Score and get back into the program at the next re-entry window. If they're not patient enough to qualify and go through the major annoyance of qualifying twice and waiting, maybe they shouldn't be in the beta program? After all, 80% of the value of FSD Beta is being in the program once (novelty value)...not being in it indefinitely.

Wonder whether they're more concerned about unauthorized FSD Beta use in the transferred vehicle (seems like a risk!) or whether this actually does anything to expedite re-entry to FSD Beta (seems like it shouldn't - a new vehicle can be quite different for the new owner (different UI, different HP, different size, etc.), and the hardware could be defective, so immediate enabling doesn't seem like a good idea at all).

I definitely don't think they should be allowing quick transfer of FSD Beta to a new vehicle. It's just not really that big a deal whether one has it or not (I guess except for social media influencers, who might be monetizing it), and a new owner can wait a couple months or many months and get a good Safety Score and get back into the program at the next re-entry window. If they're not patient enough to qualify and go through the major annoyance of qualifying twice and waiting, maybe they shouldn't be in the beta program? After all, 80% of the value of FSD Beta is being in the program once (novelty value)...not being in it indefinitely.
Well, my $12,000.00 says it should have been transferred from my trade in to my new car. To be honest, I don’t mind paying the money for what the beta does. Paying the $12k for what AP/NoA does today, is worth like $2,500.00

Pretty sure it's making sure the old car (with the new driver) it removed from the beta.