Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you think about the disengagement at 0:15 secs timeline of the third video?

Even in 4K, I can't tell exactly what we're even looking at:

1666803854810.png

He claims he disengages because it's heading for a curb in the middle of the screen. But what is going on in that circle? Two curbs of varying heights? A soft curb and a hard curb?

Major red flag that the thumbnail says "Blows a yield sign!" Shows this driver doesn't understand the limitations of the system at all.
I just assume FSD won't handle active snow/ice events for a long long time and just leave it at that. I have driven in too many snow events with cars off the road or stuck to hope FSD will be any good at this. Once the snow/ice stops and the streets are mostly bare ok.

What will happen when the snow banks are above the fender cameras when approaching an obstructed turn?

Even in 4K, I can't tell exactly what we're even looking at:

View attachment 867770

He claims he disengages because it's heading for a curb in the middle of the screen. But what is going on in that circle? Two curbs of varying heights? A soft curb and a hard curb?

"Optional inner lane." (Soft curb)

I think if people continue to use FSD in these types of scenarios, we'll see an accident on video soon enough.

Last edited:

"Optional inner lane." (Soft curb)

I think if people continue to use FSD in these types of scenarios, we'll see an accident on video soon enough.
You nailed it with a previous post - AP/NoA/FSD are not to be used in these weather conditions. Waymo, Cruise, and Zoox, the leaders in L4 AVs, don't even operate with inclement weather, and they have sensor platforms well beyond Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
You nailed it with a previous post - AP/NoA/FSD are not to be used in these weather conditions. Waymo, Cruise, and Zoox, the leaders in L4 AVs, don't even operate with inclement weather, and they have sensor platforms well beyond Tesla.
When the weather is bad or even if it is raining I will get a notification "poor weather detected" and NOA and AP won't even be activated and I have to do the lane change manually. Some drivers may be thinking the car is still on AP/FSD and NOA and may be waiting for the car to take action if they did not pay attention to these notifications. I vaguely remember seeing some notifications to the effect of weather deteriorating during bad weather.

When the weather is bad or even if it is raining I will get a notification "poor weather detected" and NOA and AP won't even be activated and I have to do the lane change manually. Some drivers may be thinking the car is still on AP/FSD and NOA and may be waiting for the car to take action if they did not pay attention to these notifications. I vaguely remember seeing some notifications to the effect of weather deteriorating during bad weather.
AP works, not FSD. I always look at the visuals to make sure when it's raining. Single blue line = FSDb, both lines of the lane in blue = AP.

Just to add, poor weather message doesn't mean FSDb won't work. Best to check visuals.

AP works, not FSD. I always look at the visuals to make sure when it's raining. Single blue line = FSDb, both lines of the lane in blue = AP.

Just to add, poor weather message doesn't mean FSDb won't work. Best to check visuals.
Very simple to know as the traveling lane is blue in my instrumental panel display when on AP. The autosteer will be blue when it is engaged. They are all gray otherwise. On the local streets when FSDb is activated easy to see the visual as well.

PXL_20220929_234700787.jpgPXL_20220910_174138774_2.jpg

Maybe @Mardak can work his map magic and tell us why this happens. Not an FSD problem, but it is with FSD Beta 10.69.2.3.

Happens every time on this exit. I’ve never let it go to see if sometimes it will exit and sometimes it will continue (and sometimes in between, would be exciting!). But invariably it swerves (0% success). This particular day perhaps it made slightly less of a commit than usual. Been reported many times over last 10 months. Maybe if there is a very close lead car it will work; have not tried. Not sure why I did not keep both hands on the wheel, bad AP habit I guess (pretty rare for me) - of course I knew exactly what would happen so a non-issue.

I have noticed the weirdness on the visualization - no exit marked apparently.

Of course deep lane guidance not in use so that does not help.

Likely only hazardous if someone is coming up quickly behind you (would not be that uncommon here since there is an I-805 merge-in a mile back). If you hit the sign it would probably clear the windshield so no issues there.

Bet they are getting a lot of data that shadow mode FSD is superior here. Need single stack; will solve every problem, will be unbelievably awesome.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: 2101Guy and Dewg
Maybe @Mardak can work his map magic and tell us why this happens. Not an FSD problem, but it is with FSD Beta 10.69.2.3.

Happens every time on this exit. I’ve never let it go to see if sometimes it will exit and sometimes it will continue (and sometimes in between, would be exciting!). But invariably it swerves (0% success). This particular day perhaps it made slightly less of a commit than usual. Been reported many times over last 10 months. Maybe if there is a very close lead car it will work; have not tried. Not sure why I did not keep both hands on the wheel, bad AP habit I guess (pretty rare for me) - of course I knew exactly what would happen so a non-issue.

I have noticed the weirdness on the visualization - no exit marked apparently.

Of course deep lane guidance not in use so that does not help.

Likely only hazardous if someone is coming up quickly behind you (would not be that uncommon here since there is an I-805 merge-in a mile back). If you hit the sign it would probably clear the windshield so no issues there.

Bet they are getting a lot of data that shadow mode FSD is superior here. Need single stack; will solve every problem, will be unbelievably awesome.
That’s really odd. Haven’t seen that happen to me personally. I bet it’s the two different colors of the road and getting confused last minute. Vision clashing with Map data.

Seems like Elon's been pretty busy assuming his role as "Chief Twit" this week. Perhaps the software people have been working furiously to get 10.69.3 pushed today, but Elon hasn't had time to tweet about it? I'm sure you're right, though, that the first indication will be a limited release to employees, and the rest of us won't see it for several days after that (at best)...

It's been 6 days since Elon tweeted "next week" for 10.69.3, and he seems to be ignoring questions from folks like Chuck Cook about it.

Given we haven't seen a release to employees yet, I'm not too optimistic about it actually releasing in the next few days... But I'd love to be surprised.
too busy with his usual hands on approach over at twitter now. Expect more delays to all things Tesla.