Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holy hell, how does anyone survive their own driving with such a low score‽ FSD will likely save many people’s lives when they use it. 😂
Agreed. At first when I saw Elon's announcement this morning that FSDb is available to anyone (who bought it in certain regions anyway), I was horrified considering all the mistakes I've seen it make, and knowing that a portion of the people that don't have it are probably not the most attentive drivers.

However, I think your observation is spot-on: a lot of people with low safety scores are probably not very safe drivers to begin with, so even if FSDb isn't perfect, it will be safer than some portion of those that now have access to it. I'm regularly appalled at what I see human drivers do every day (my horn-triggered dash cam save folder is full of videos of oncoming cars partially or even completely drifting across the yellow line straight towards me, many while obviously texting).

Hopefully that works out to a net positive impact on road safety for everyone, and hopefully FSDb continues getting better before it provokes too much public/regulatory backlash, whether or not it's deserved.

Pardon the generalizations... I know some people who didn't have FSDb access until today are very safe drivers who have been waiting in the queue for a long time regardless of their SS, and some people with low safety scores may have them because of being unfairly dinged for things like false FCW's or local traffic norms in their area. Y'all are going to continue to drive safely with FSDb (I hope), so it's not you I'm talking about here.

Reactions: jebinc
It’s not ready at all for a wide release. There is going to be a wreck and then the government will shut it down. This was an awful mistake. It shouldn’t go wide until it is good enough that you can take your hands off the wheel. Period. Also this sucks because it shows that they are essentially giving up. Yes of course there will be more updates but I don’t think they even think they can achieve level 3 anymore, much less level 5.

I hate to say this, but FSD will go down as a massive failure by Tesla. Maybe one of the greatest failures of any business ever.

I wanted them to succeed so badly but this is what it looks like we will get. Oh well. What a waste of 12 grand.

It’s not ready at all for a wide release. There is going to be a wreck and then the government will shut it down. This was an awful mistake. It shouldn’t go wide until it is good enough that you can take your hands off the wheel. Period. Also this sucks because it shows that they are essentially giving up. Yes of course there will be more updates but I don’t think they even think they can achieve level 3 anymore, much less level 5.

I hate to say this, but FSD will go down as a massive failure by Tesla. Maybe one of the greatest failures of any business ever.

I wanted them to succeed so badly but this is what it looks like we will get. Oh well. What a waste of 12 grand.
What do you mean take your hands off the wheel. Autopilot on highways can't even do that and millions of people use that daily with accidents being few and far between. More vigilance is required with FSD beta and people that don't know what it does will probably be scared away from using it when it starts to do strange things.

Oh god, let’s not start the political crap here again shall we? Can we cut out opinions on Teslas software strategy and just talk about FSD itself?

Btw, FSD is NOT hands free driving!!! It may never be. It is a driver assist technology where the driver must remain vigilant at all times.

Lol greatest failure. A Bit of an exaggeration maybe? There are already Over 160,000 people using the software and the majority (including myself) find it rather useful and successful. Keeping your hands on the wheel and monitoring does not make it a failure. Removing Those guidelines Would be a failure!

I am not sure if people got 5 strikes will they get it again or what is the process? I have been using AP/EAP/FSDb and ha e been getting my FW updates within a day or so after the release. I have 3 false FSD strikes and probably will get 5 pretty soon. What happens after that? Anyone know?

When wide release, I wonder?

I also wonder when all the people who request it will get it. I assume that is not the case yet. I guess we will see.
We know they won’t. As was the case with .20, Elon conveniently leaves off the qualifier that this statement becomes false if you are already on a higher production branch - as many are this time around as well. He loves creating and controlling “churn” it seems.

Reactions: Gray Man

Greed. They likely just want to recognize FSD revenue by year end’s number crunch.

Oh god, let’s not start the political crap here again shall we? Can we cut out opinions on Teslas software strategy and just talk about FSD itself?

Btw, FSD is NOT hands free driving!!! It may never be. It is a driver assist technology where the driver must remain vigilant at all times.
So you are arguing that FSD may never be hands free and doesn’t have to be. For real? We went from 1 million robotaxies by the end of the year to people on forums supporting hands-on FSD. (Which is inherently NOT FSD.) What is the point of a self driving car if you need your hands on the wheel? I don’t think you understand some of the stuff that the company has said these cars will be capable of doing.

What do you mean take your hands off the wheel. Autopilot on highways can't even do that and millions of people use that daily with accidents being few and far between. More vigilance is required with FSD beta and people that don't know what it does will probably be scared away from using it when it starts to do strange things.
Autopilot is a fundamentally different product. It was never advertised as being capable of hands-off driving in the future. To actually be Full self driving, they need to eventually remove the nag.

So you are arguing that FSD may never be hands free and doesn’t have to be. For real? We went from 1 million robotaxies by the end of the year to people on forums supporting hands-on FSD. (Which is inherently NOT FSD.) What is the point of a self driving car if you need your hands on the wheel? I don’t think you understand some of the stuff that the company has said these cars will be capable of doing.
It was NEVER advertised as being hands free. It is NOT a level 5 system.

Robotaxis will obviously require more robust software and probably hardware, IMHO.