Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you aware Tesla is a large company, not 5 guys in a garage or something?

BTW- did you know Waymo makes passengers sign NDAs? Why aren't you "concerned" about that?

What does Waymo have to do this with this thread? This is about FSD Beta, not Waymo. Stay focused.

Sure, there are other people at Tesla. And yet...only one (Musk) was accused of security fraud and had to personally pay for being too flippant with his Twitter account. SEC.gov | Elon Musk Settles SEC Fraud Charges; Tesla Charged With and Resolves Securities Law Charge (today is the three year anniversary of the settlement, btw)

Musk has all the power at Tesla. That much is obvious.

What does Waymo have to do this with this thread?

You seemed concerned someone would require an NDA to experience an autonomous driving system.

I was pointing out Waymo even makes their passengers sign them so it's weird you're only "concerned" when Tesla does it for drivers.

Sure, there are other people at Tesla. And yet...only one (Musk) was accused of security fraud

Wait- I thought the topic was FSDBeta- not a story from 3 years ago about a tweet on stock pricing.

Stay focused!

That much is obvious.

I agree SOMETHING is obvious here :)

Reactions: superblast
Musk knows more about his company than any other large company CEO.

This is quite funny. Does Elon dedicate any of his waking hours to SpaceX? The Boring Company? Neuralink? Open AI? His 7 kids? Elon also seems to be appearing on podcasts or events every month or so. Most large company CEOs are not.

He assured us FSD version whatever "would be tight" and then he drove it and said "not that great, imo." He blamed the Roadster delay on the chip shortage...despite unveiling the product in 2017 and promising it by 2020, well before any chip shortages started. He wastes a bunch of time on frivolous lawsuits (pedo guy, solarcity).

It's possible to be a master marketer - which Musk is - and not know "more about his company than any other large company CEO."

This is quite funny. Does Elon dedicate any of his waking hours to SpaceX? The Boring Company? Neuralink? Open AI? His 7 kids? Elon also seems to be appearing on podcasts or events every month or so. Most large company CEOs are not.

He assured us FSD version whatever "would be tight" and then he drove it and said "not that great, imo." He blamed the Roadster delay on the chip shortage...despite unveiling the product in 2017 and promising it by 2020, well before any chip shortages started. He wastes a bunch of time on frivolous lawsuits (pedo guy, solarcity).

It's possible to be a master marketer - which Musk is - and not know "more about his company than any other large company CEO."

But there are lots of actual video evidence of Musk knowing his sh*t beyond just marketing. He's given very technical details in many videos. Some really high profile ones recently:

Tesla:

SpaceX:

I don't necessarily think he should be CEO, and he's admitted he doesn't want to either. But I don't think any other CEO of comparable companies knows as much about the products they're producing as much as Musk. Just watch those 2 videos. They are eye-opening for people who think Musk is just a flashy celebrity billionaire CEO.

You-

Musk has all the power at Tesla. That much is obvious.

Also you-

You must consider him beyond superhuman if he's wielding ALL THE POWER at the 6th most valuable company in the entire world and at the company that launches more stuff into space than the rest of the world combined and multiple other companies as well plus family, podcasts, etc.

That or you didn't check what your last FUD post was claiming before you made the next one.

Reactions: EVNow
Sure, there are other people at Tesla. And yet...only one (Musk) was accused of security fraud and had to personally pay for being too flippant with his Twitter account. SEC.gov | Elon Musk Settles SEC Fraud Charges; Tesla Charged With and Resolves Securities Law Charge (today is the three year anniversary of the settlement, btw)
Anyone who refers o this settlement seriously is either a newbie or a short.

I think everyone knows SEC is wholly owned by hedge funds.

But there are lots of actual video evidence of Musk knowing his sh*t beyond just marketing. He's given very technical details in many videos. Some really high profile ones recently:

Tesla:

SpaceX:

I don't necessarily think he should be CEO, and he's admitted he doesn't want to either. But I don't think any other CEO of comparable companies knows as much about the products they're producing as much as Musk. Just watch those 2 videos. They are eye-opening for people who think Musk is just a flashy celebrity billionaire CEO.
“Know much about the company” is not the same as knowing much about the products. CEO’s main responsibility is commonly not the technical details of the company’s products.

Because the riders ain't encourage to post only good videos.

The actual NDA terms in Teslas were discussed already, they say nothing about not posting "bad" videos- and of course plenty of beta testers have posted the system doing "bad" things and not been removed from the program as further evidence your hysteria is unfounded.

Have you actually seen the terms in the Waymo NDA to know what IT says or are you guessing- as you appear to have been about what Teslas says?

From what has been written (including by folks who were under it) Waymo NDA riders can't even discuss their rides- let alone post videos of them.

In other words, you're somehow SUPER CONCERNED about things Teslas NDA does not actually say.

But could care less about a VASTLY MORE RESTRICTIVE ONE that actually exists for the Waymo beta riders.

Almost like you don't care about the NDA topic at all, just about hating on Tesla.

Last edited:
FSD Beta has been delayed to next week to align with V10.2. Bummer.

I know we will eventually get FSD Beta but the delays are frustrating. I mean, we were promised the button months ago. Ok, we waited. Now, we finally have the button but we don't know if or when we will actually get in. And when we think our turn is up to get in, there is a last minute delay. It feels like some of us will probably still have to wait months to actually get FSD Beta, especially if our score is not 100.

Also, why does the FSD Beta expansion have to coincide with a new version release? Why not give FSD Beta to people now and then give them the next version when it is ready?

Hmmm ... I think it was well known when Musk corrected the timeline soon after tweeting "next Friday".

Also, why does the FSD Beta expansion have to coincide with a new version release? Why not give FSD Beta to people now and then give them the next version when it is ready?

There may be some specific features they have in 10.2 that is needed for the wider Beta. Could even be as silly as new text for the agreement we have to ack.

If 10.2 is the "single stack" change then the reason would be pretty clear-- they want what they expect to be the basis of the "final" version before they broadly widen testing.

If 10.2 is just another slight improvement iteration that's another story.
Single stack is a distraction. Let them rollout FSD Beta widely first. I don't know how long they have been working on single stack - but I expect it would take months to merge.

ps : I was surprised how fast they deployed vision only and removed radar. We don't know how long they had been working on it - but it seemed to come quite quickly.

Reactions: mark95476
Sigh... I've been purposely not driving and being deliberate about my routes to keep my safety scores high.

I know we will eventually get FSD Beta but the delays are frustrating. I mean, we were promised the button months ago. Ok, we waited. Now, we finally have the button but we don't know if or when we will actually get in. And when we think our turn is up to get in, there is a last minute delay. It feels like some of us will probably still have to wait months to actually get FSD Beta, especially if our score is not 100.

This is probably a huge relief for the FSD development group. I'm sure they're already overloaded and they'll be able to focus on one build (10.2). I don't think they'd be able to simply ignore 10.1 problems and just say "wait for 10.2".

If 10.2 is the "single stack" change then the reason would be pretty clear-- they want what they expect to be the basis of the "final" version before they broadly widen testing.

If 10.2 is just another slight improvement iteration that's another story.

Reactions: diplomat33