Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD now $99 a month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice to see the subscription reduction. I'm currently on 2024.8.9 which is higher than any FSD versions. If I subscribe I assume I'll have to wait for FSD to catch up to be able to use it. Does anyone see a different scenario?
As @E90alex said above, it won’t be the v12 FSD. Just the previous v11.x. Whether you pay or on 0ne-month trial. You have to wait until the 2024.8.X version of your software is caught up by the FSD version. Confusing? Yes, I am aware. I don’t understand it either, but I have to accept it. I am on 2024.8.9 too

No one is valuing it highly on the open market, so why would Tesla value it highly on trades? They certainly don’t have to.

Of course there is an argument that it keeps people in the ecosystem and churn of new cars…. So there is value in them doing it.

But as long as the population doesn’t think it’s going to happen and it’s all speculation, they don’t need to value it highly.

They...said they would. You know, on account of not coming close to the timelines they set.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you should also include the re-sale value of FSD. Even if you keep the car for less than 5 years, it's not like when you sell the car back FSD doesn't add anything. Theoretically, the break-even period should be approximately the lifetime of the vehicle which is at least 10 years. If we believe Elon Musk's claims, the lifetime of a modern Tesla can be 30 years.
Oh yeah. 30 years. For sure. Another “if you believe Elon”. When you sell a used Tesla…you don’t get anywhere near for what you paid for FSD. Now if you sell a 10 yr old Tesla… you might net a few hundred $ for FSD.

Oh yeah. 30 years. For sure. Another “if you believe Elon”. When you sell a used Tesla…you don’t get anywhere near for what you paid for FSD. Now if you sell a 10 yr old Tesla… you might net a few hundred $ for FSD.
10 years is even a stretch. Considering HW2.5 is as recent as 2018 and now obsolete in terms of FSD.

And MCU1 as recent as 2017 is no longer getting the latest software.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zedbox and El joe
Hopefully this price sticks around. I expect ALOT of people will subscribe even just for EAP level for highway. That’s all I’ve ever wanted.

To me this feels like they needed to lower the price with out lowering the price.