Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD now $99 a month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Setting Profile to Chill, according to the Autopilot configuration screen, sets following distance, not acceleration.
View attachment 1038563
Thanks for the precision. I was so busy watching the road that I never read the small print underneath the FSD Profile. So, no matter the mode, FSD v12 does jackrabbit starts, drives like a poorly trained teenager in some scenarios, and cannot be trusted. Hence, all drivers are very well-advised to carefully heed the "supervised" component, because you'll be doing a lot of that. V12 is definitely less terrifying than V11, but it's still not good enough off controlled access highways - especially when heading onto an exit ramp. Thus, I've turned it off and gone back to EAP-NOA & TACC because that choice feels safer to us, even if it is still on the v11 stack (per my recent chat with a Tesla service advisor via the Tesla app).

Thanks for the precision. I was so busy watching the road that I never read the small print underneath the FSD Profile. So, no matter the mode, FSD v12 does jackrabbit starts, drives like a poorly trained teenager in some scenarios, and cannot be trusted. Hence, all drivers are very well-advised to carefully heed the "supervised" component, because you'll be doing a lot of that. V12 is definitely less terrifying than V11, but it's still not good enough off controlled access highways - especially when heading onto an exit ramp. Thus, I've turned it off and gone back to EAP-NOA & TACC because that choice feels safer to us, even if it is still on the v11 stack (per my recent chat with a Tesla service advisor via the Tesla app).
Yes on the jack rabbit. I've turned off Automatic Set Speed Offset and set speed to current speed. With this I can throttle the take offs a bit and manage speed myself. However, speed has to be reset with scroll wheel again if the car's sees another speed limit sign. I'm only using FSDS sparingly just to do my part to help development. I did get used to the max acceleration at take off. Unless it's on a corner ,then I'll engage after I've made a right turn at stop or signal.

Reactions: Dracaris
Sorry, until Elon agrees to pay me $400 / hr for consulting & test driving, Tesla can drive its own development without my assistance. When I pay money, I expect a finished product, not one I have to test for them. I know, everyone will say, "Hey, it's clearly marked as 'Beta,' don't get your undies in a twist," so rest assured I haven't. I gave the latest FSDS a solid try for two weeks, it once again scared the bejeezus out of my family and even me a few times - though decidedly less frequently than v11, and we've now fired FSDS until the next major release. :p

See my profile photo to the left for how FSDS still makes me feel, far too often, even on the v12 stack. ;)

You already did your part.

For myself, I like to drive and can't see wanting anything more than the current TACC when the trial month has expired. Not even a thought for renting it either.
Have you tried autopark. Some have had problems with it detecting spaces, kind of finicky. It's worked pretty good for me. However, I don't trust it enough for a crowded Walmart parking lot.

If Tesla does not let all owners transfer FSD to new vehicles that payed full price for it at this point everyone should be up in arms.

They continue to screw over customers that paid full price...while this thing still cant drive in highway traffic without not needing to pay attention every 2 min even while going 10MPH

Its a joke...

If Tesla does not let all owners transfer FSD to new vehicles that payed full price for it at this point everyone should be up in arms.

They continue to screw over customers that paid full price...while this thing still cant drive in highway traffic without not needing to pay attention every 2 min even while going 10MPH

Its a joke...
I believe Tesla has allowed FSD license transfers for the last 3 quarters (including the current one). I do hope it continues as that is for great customer retention.

I’ve lost a couple of car debates to my wife so a lot of respect for sticking with it and I guess I’m glad TMC gives you a place to both learn and vent. In your position, I’d make my spouse go figure all that stuff out as punishment for sticking me with a car I hated :)
I'm the only one on TMC, he thinks Lord Elon gives him enough info he doesn't need any more.

BTW: I might get rid of the car sooner than expected as he isn't doing well with no TACC and nearly wiped the car out tonight. He did the second profile I taught him and smoothly changed between FSD to AP on the fly today. Then he nearly wiped us out on two turns. First I thought he'd reengaged FSD and it was just acting up.

The second time I dug deeper and learned he was in TACC at 60kph and expecting the car to slow down as it went around the corner. Instead, it slowed a bit (I'm betting that's the V12 weird speed behaviour) and then gunned it to get back up to speed just as we entered the turn. I kept yelling at him that TACC doesn't slow to go around corners and he was arguing back it was doing so AND stopping at lights (obviously in other cases we must have been following another vehicle, I was on my phone, not paying attention so didn't see what was happening.) Then he tried to prove that to me by speeding toward a red light with me screaming TACC doesn't stop at lights and the car has NEVER had traffic light control set on AP, that is an FSD behaviour ON OUR CAR (I know it is available on AP, we just don't have that set since we have FSD we don't need to deal with that version which is too rough to bother with.)

Eff the car. This is the sort of thing I hate about it; he learned the car, then the behaviours changed and he was expected to spend hours going over forums to learn what the new behaviours mean to him and how he has to change his interactions in the car.

There was also some yelling about the car isn't driving, the car is never driving when he was trying to the blame the car's driving style.

He obviously dropped down out of FSD to TACC all the time on V11 and really misses it. My usual condition is FSD off so there was a lot less for me to adjust to in this update.

Reactions: mborkow
I'm the only one on TMC, he thinks Lord Elon gives him enough info he doesn't need any more.

BTW: I might get rid of the car sooner than expected as he isn't doing well with no TACC and nearly wiped the car out tonight. He did the second profile I taught him and smoothly changed between FSD to AP on the fly today. Then he nearly wiped us out on two turns. First I thought he'd reengaged FSD and it was just acting up.

The second time I dug deeper and learned he was in TACC at 60kph and expecting the car to slow down as it went around the corner. Instead, it slowed a bit (I'm betting that's the V12 weird speed behaviour) and then gunned it to get back up to speed just as we entered the turn. I kept yelling at him that TACC doesn't slow to go around corners and he was arguing back it was doing so AND stopping at lights (obviously in other cases we must have been following another vehicle, I was on my phone, not paying attention so didn't see what was happening.) Then he tried to prove that to me by speeding toward a red light with me screaming TACC doesn't stop at lights and the car has NEVER had traffic light control set on AP, that is an FSD behaviour ON OUR CAR (I know it is available on AP, we just don't have that set since we have FSD we don't need to deal with that version which is too rough to bother with.)

Eff the car. This is the sort of thing I hate about it; he learned the car, then the behaviours changed and he was expected to spend hours going over forums to learn what the new behaviours mean to him and how he has to change his interactions in the car.

There was also some yelling about the car isn't driving, the car is never driving when he was trying to the blame the car's driving style.

He obviously dropped down out of FSD to TACC all the time on V11 and really misses it. My usual condition is FSD off so there was a lot less for me to adjust to in this update.
I sold yesterday.

I don't understand why they removed the ability to easily switch between fsd and adaptive cruise.
I also don’t understand that; I want one pull to be TACC, two pulls to be Auto Steer (with the option to select NoAP if a destination is set), and three pulls to be FSD. The way I have it now is I’ve got a second profile called FSD w that enabled but that’s not ideal as when I change profiles other things get changed (temp, music, etc).

Reactions: rjpjnk
FSD price dropped to $8k!

1713670661553.png

Reactions: CCopperpot
When it flips from just a driver aid requiring supervision to time gained back for the driver or income stream (Ie L4 or L5), that’s when it’s worth more.

No matter how good it gets, it will never be L4 or L5 even if it can actually drive at that level because to certify it not needing driver attention also means the manufacturer is on the hook for all liability which Tesla will NEVER assume.

Last edited by a moderator: