Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD V11 Discussion - First Released 11/11/22 at 11:11PM - Maybe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(moderator note: Added maybe to the title. This may be an alpha or beta release, so “release” is relative. Stay tuned.)

We finally have confirmation of the release of FSD V11. This presumably is single stack; we’ll see, as the question was left unanswered. I guess it will still be called FSD Beta V11?

002905FC-FC4B-4346-9970-AF2BA0758CE4.jpeg

🤯 ( 🔥 )

Last edited by a moderator:
That would suck. It would make highway NoA more stressful for me (unless it works well, which I doubt lol). Currently, I disable auto-lane change, so I can relax and make my own decisions.
Yeah noa is terrible at deciding when to change. It will randomly get into the passing lane for no reason. Other times it will move to the right lane to “get out of the center lane”. Then it will stay in the passing lane far too long and annoy everyone.

Yeah noa is terrible at deciding when to change. It will randomly get into the passing lane for no reason. Other times it will move to the right lane to “get out of the center lane”. Then it will stay in the passing lane far too long and annoy everyone.
With single stack, one might expect that the NOA lane change logic will be replaced. Whether the FSDb lane change logic will be better, or worse, remains to be seen. It will, hopefully, be different from the random lane selector used on city streets.

Reactions: KArnold
NoA is an AP feature and not applicable to FSD Beta.
This is incorrect.

Remember EAP owners get EXACTLY the same thing as FSD owners, for NOA.

The additional features of FSD are the Autosteer on city streets and traffic light &stop sign control.

So NOA is exactly the same for everyone who has it. So they would have to remove for everyone else too. They won’t do that.

It’ll have all the configuration…this is likely just a preliminary software build issue. It is trivial to add the control. It makes sense that none of that stuff would be hooked in initially.

just noticed that 2022.40.100 released yesterday

Firmware versions ending in 3 digits are typically factory builds (firmware versions made specifically for a car rolling off the assembly line that may have needed tweaks due to different hardware).

That's really interesting that TeslaFi is reporting they had previous firmware versions.

EDIT: TeslaFi permalink: TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

Really low ODO readings on those cars. So maybe it is a factory firmware version of FSD v11 for testing?

1668530157053.png

Last edited:
This is incorrect.

Remember EAP owners get EXACTLY the same thing as FSD owners, for NOA.

The additional features of FSD are the Autosteer on city streets and traffic light &stop sign control.

So NOA is exactly the same for everyone who has it. So they would have to remove for everyone else too. They won’t do that.

It’ll have all the configuration…this is likely just a preliminary software build issue. It is trivial to add the control. It makes sense that none of that stuff would be hooked in initially.
I'm not referring to the FSD Capability package or EAP. I'm referring to having and using FSD Beta. Right now if you have FSD Beta and are on a city street you can only select TACC or Beta to drive. But you can NOT select AP only, because it is no longer available unless you are on the highway stack. Once FSD Beta takes over the highway stack from AP there will be no AP driving at all. So why would you have NoA when you can no longer drive on AP?

Again only time will tell but I don't see Tesla having NoA when the car doesn't use AP anymore.

Firmware versions ending in 3 digits are typically factory builds (firmware versions made specifically for a car rolling off the assembly line that may have needed tweaks due to different hardware).

That's really interesting that TeslaFi is reporting they had previous firmware versions.

EDIT: TeslaFi permalink: TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

Really low ODO readings on those cars. So maybe it is a factory firmware version of FSD v11 for testing?

View attachment 874850
iirc someone a while back posted a bug with TeslaFi that could cause it to attribute installs wrong like this.

I think it was back waiting for 10.11, they basically showed a FSD version update to a factory build. Something about multiple cars and swapping them in the account or something like that.

Also supporting this theory:

The Y Long Range is a 23 build, but has firmware revisions going back to 2018.

The Y Performance I got nothing for.

I'm not referring to the FSD Capability package or EAP. I'm referring to having and using FSD Beta. Right now if you have FSD Beta and are on a city street you can only select TACC or Beta to drive. But you can NOT select AP only, because it is no longer available unless you are on the highway stack. Once FSD Beta takes over the highway stack from AP there will be no AP driving at all. So why would you have NoA when you can no longer drive on AP?

Again only time will tell but I don't see Tesla having NoA when the car doesn't use AP anymore.
Slight correction. You can get AP only on city street with a different profile.

Also, Ofcourse, FSDb falls back to AP when it rains - so that software is definitely present.

• Informative
Reactions: edseloh and GWord
FSDb falls back to AP when it rains
It'll be interesting to see if that behavior still happens with FSD Beta 11. Maybe one of the last requirements of single stack was to at least match the performance of legacy highway stack in poor visibility conditions, so if FSD Beta stack is able to take over driving on highways, that could mean Tesla no longer needs the fallback. Then again, Tesla could have also "only" focused on highway low visibility scenarios while deferring training on those similar situations for city streets to try to get FSD Beta 11 out before the end of this year.

It'll be interesting to see if that behavior still happens with FSD Beta 11. Maybe one of the last requirements of single stack was to at least match the performance of legacy highway stack in poor visibility conditions, so if FSD Beta stack is able to take over driving on highways, that could mean Tesla no longer needs the fallback. Then again, Tesla could have also "only" focused on highway low visibility scenarios while deferring training on those similar situations for city streets to try to get FSD Beta 11 out before the end of this year.
I wonder .... may be FSDb performs as well as AP in rain. Just that neither of them are good enough to make turns etc. Afterall AP has to just keep lane ... and avoid obstacles.

Slight correction. You can get AP only on city street with a different profile.

Also, Ofcourse, FSDb falls back to AP when it rains - so that software is definitely present.
Understand but meant if you have FSD Beta enabled. It will probably still fall back for now to basic AP (since the old stack is still "under the hood") if inclement weather. Once the highway Beta stack is well proven I would imagine Tesla will (or hopes to) remove all AP legacy code altogether.

Here is my prediction of what you will see in the menu and it is pulled straight out of my a$$.:oops: And if my predictions are as good as my Photoshop is bad then it is a 👞 in.🤣

I bet NoA well be grayed out when you enable FSD Beta the NoA Blue button will no longer appear in the Navigation route.

IMG_2146.jpeg

Since you have people who work at Tesla, this could just be early release stuff.

I still don’t think we have to worry about nonsense like that seeing the light of day.

No one would use NoA which defeats the entire purpose if they actually need miles driven (which presumably they actually don’t). No one would use it at all as we know.

I would just turn off destination entirely since obviously it will be terrible.
Well this isn't true at all Subie, I let NoA change lanes. Do I cancel sometimes? Sure. But I let it do its thing and don't find its thing "useless."

Well this isn't true at all Subie, I let NoA change lanes. Do I cancel sometimes? Sure. But I let it do its thing and don't find its thing "useless."
There are always a few exceptions, of course. For most people this feature seems to be intolerable. I let it change lanes but I am always in control of requesting them.

There are always a few exceptions, of course. For most people this feature seems to be intolerable. I let it change lanes but I am always in control of requesting them.
Like much of Tesla automation, I have found that the usefulness depends on where I am driving. In the Dallas area, NOA lane changes are pretty good. Tends to favor the left lane a bit, but really not bad at all and I just let it do its thing.

However, on a trip west earlier this year, I-40 was a disaster, with the car often just ping ponging between the left and right lanes when I disabled confirmation. I ended up keeping confirmation enabled most of the trip and just ignoring the car's pleas to switch lanes unless there was a valid reason.

This is kind of depressing but the thing I’m most excited for in V11 is the potential for usable, single-lane autopilot in slow-and-go traffic.

The endless, aggressive, neck-straining brake/accel/brake/accel/brake/accel on my commute has become just about unbearable. My spouse asks me to turn off autopilot when he’s in the car now. Maybe FSD code will make my commute tolerable again