Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, at least for me, V11.x didn't make any attempt to stop at them either
Are we sure this metering light behavior was 12.x or 11.x? For the on-ramp lights that 11.x does stop at for me, it does so inconsistently probably due to the dynamic timings and approach speed. It seems likely 12.x was active in this case, but I believe it switches to 11.x for freeways based on map data, which is inconsistent with where freeways start/end.

......All you’re doing is targeting a software system that’s automated on an assumption and a wish.

I see no downside.
Go for it then and let us know when you get v12 tomorrow. 🤪🤣 I don't think Tesla uses addresses in the algorithms that select the wave of testers and even if so there is no way to "game it".

Just don't order any thing from the Tesla shop. 🤣

I believe it switches to 11.x for freeways based on map data, which is inconsistent with where freeways start/end.
Per AIDRIVR, I was watching the path noodle to see if it changed length for the handoff. Nothing suggested that it was on V11. Given that V12 isn't being trained for highway use, I wouldn't be surprised at a lack of training data specific to metered onramps. They've got plenty of fish to fry in the mainstream cases involving secondary roads.

Some pictures recorded when I went to La Jolla again today.

V12 behaved like humans:
1. Moving out of the lane that had accident caused by a FedEx truck
2. Managing thru a narrow street blocked by a loading truck
3. Managing thru a difficult intersection
4. Making left turn thru 2 confusing double yellow lines

Attachments

• BusyIntersection.jpg
    BusyIntersection.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 15
  • DoubleYellowLines.jpg
    DoubleYellowLines.jpg
    531 KB · Views: 7
  • NarrowPath.jpg
    NarrowPath.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Accident.jpg
    Accident.jpg
    605 KB · Views: 9
Could someone try 12.x without a navigation destination and engage the turn signal before an intersection, e.g., 4-way stop. It somewhat seems like currently end-to-end can activate turn signals but maybe relies on Automatic Turn Signals type behavior to decide to turn it off. So 12.x might be a bit more controllable than 11.x by tricking end-to-end to want to turn because the turn signal is on.

Reactions: JB47394
Some pictures recorded when I went to La Jolla again today.

V12 behaved like humans:
1. Moving out of the lane that had accident caused by a FedEx truck
2. Managing thru a narrow street blocked by a loading truck
3. Managing thru a difficult intersection
4. Making left turn thru 2 confusing double yellow lines
That figure 8 with the double lines is city planning at its best.