Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@AlanSubie4Life Can you share what made you go 🤣 ?
Stopping very very safely well behind the stop sign.

It was fine. Car in front was stopped. I would have moved to the stop sign though, I guess. Certainly by 1:40 I would have pushed through to jam up the intersection.

It was fine, though! Just very cautious. Slightly odd; could be confusing in some scenarios (not an issue here).

It’s an interesting complex environment. I wonder in video 1 how it would have responded to someone popping out from behind the barrier on the right (0:24)? I did not see it really slow there. I would have. Instead it gently accelerated to unnecessarily close the gap to the stopped/slow vehicle in front. I would prefer to not have to suddenly do a Slamarama if someone appeared. It’s like the recent famous Waymo faux pas failure (where the Waymo avoided a collision due to another at-fault driver, which also required the at-fault driver to stop) in some ways. When visibility is clearly obstructed humans just naturally slow down. They’re absolutely amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: enemji
While we wait for v12.4.x
Anyone else finding the updated 2024 maps have resolved specific map related problems? So far I've had 4 problems I've voice reported countless times to Tesla that have been fixed. Hoping this continues since this results in 4 fewer map related disengagements.

Hoping Tesla considers other Improvements
  • Remember alternate routes. When you repeatedly select the same alternate route it should become the default.
  • Create your own routes

Anyone else finding the updated 2024 maps have resolved specific map related problems? So far I've had 4 problems I've voice reported countless times to Tesla that have been fixed. Hoping this continues since this results in 4 fewer map related disengagements.

• Remember alternate routes. When you repeatedly select the same alternate route it should become the default.
  • Create your own routes
Your post is so far off theme, someone should tell @Krash.
I'm so tired, tired of waiting, tired of waiting for 4.2.

All of the time, All day, and all of the night

I want to be with it
In the daytime

Your post is so far off theme, someone should tell @Krash.
@Krash Has been on holiday, I guess they call it that. We could summon our cars faster than him!

Noticed I used "they" in accordance with my penchant for consistent respect for all people. Sorry I just woke up, had a late night.

Last edited:

• Create your own routes
I had a couple of Phantom Stop Signs go away. There had been a pair of signs temporary creating a one lane road while we waited for a washout to be repaired. For a year after the signs were removed, they still appeared in the map.

I am not positive of this, but I think the Phantom Signs went away as soon as I updated to 2024.14.9, but before the Nav data was updated a day later. I had noticed before that when on standard AutoPilot in my wife's profile, both non-existent sign were visualized, but on FSD only one was. This suggested that either different map data was used, or the A/P code stacks used the map data differently.

In related news, we have another pair of stops / short one lane sevgment where a tree fell and tore up the road. FSD used to stop and then proceed as it should. Now, however, it just stops, well short of the sign and just sit there. For minutes on end. FSD stays engaged, and an accelerator nudge did bring it out of it's NN fugue state.

I think these various behavior changes are a bit odd, because FSD stayed V12.3.6 while the behaviors changed, and the tree-down stop was never mapped, so it was an FSD change, not a map change. On the other hand, my take is that neural nets don't have bugs, instead they have twitches, neuroses and personality quirks. As opposed to hardware and software and firm-wear, I think of NNs as mush-wear.

HAL "niner triple zero" was a bit prophetic in this sense.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1

• Create your own routes
Let’s vote on whether this is any more off topic than other content we tolerate. Thumbs up on my post here then it stays. Thumbs down on my post here then it goes. I’ll wait 24 hours for the tally to come in.
@Krash Has been on holiday…
I wish I were on holiday.

I should take a moment to thank you all for your tireless pushing forward of Tesla’s FSD efforts. I’m sure that Elon is waiting until you help him perfect it before my MCU1 HW3 car gets it. Because he only wants the best for me…

…or maybe it has to be perfect because my car doesn’t have an interior camera to see if I’m paying attention.

/s

I just got it! Drives the same as 12.3.6…🤪
IMG_4836.jpeg