Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There needs to a buffer zone in your prediction in case the other vehicle does something unexpected.
Nah, just feed in a few more videos clips and it will be good. The neural nets will just figure out when it is a marginal case and take appropriate action. Car probably figured the other car was going to stop on the yellow in this case? Maybe.

Car probably figured the other car was going to stop on the yellow in this case? Maybe.
Looks like initially 12.2.1 thought the oncoming car was going to stop for the yellow light, so the blue path was a sharper turn with longer path indicating it would be going faster. Then it quickly updated to a wider turn and shorter path indicating it would slow down to go around the oncoming car.

12.2.1 yellow left.jpg

What do you think of the argument that partial self driving (PSD) saves lives? In other words the statistics show you are safer using PSD than not? PSD has data to prove it is safer than not using.
Seems this "argument" is beyond reproach, but to me it's not all good news.

I say beyond reproach because the FSD/human-supervised combination would by definition be safer than FSD alone for obvious reasons, as most/all incidents due to human inattentiveness would simply never happen...if the human is actually supervising!

The problem is that the human may choose to not actually supervise (either by using defeat devices or just by zoning out) and that would skew the stats.

I find supervising in harrowing conditions to only be worthwhile if I'm enthusiastically hunting for feedback to give the FSD team, but I rarely do that any more; it's more important to me to relax and enjoy my ride. The phrase "Life's too short" comes to mind. I go on Medicare next month. I've earned a bit of chill in my life.

When I'm on the highway on a road trip (or just tired, such as when returning home from the Journey/Toto concert in Providence late Wednesday night) under "easy" conditions, FSD/AP/whatever are wonderful. So much less fatigue than doing my own active driving, and so much more useful under those circumstances than any other driver-assist systems out there today. Closing the gap, though, between that and L3/L4 has been a really long tough slog, made all the more acute as a result of Elon's "fake it 'til we make it" stance over the years.

I'm just really hoping we ever actually get past the "fake it" to the "make it".

I think V12 was way too aggressive in this turn. It got way too close to that car as it turned. If the other car had suddenly slowed down or moved differently, it would have been a collision. There needs to a buffer zone in your prediction in case the other vehicle does something unexpected.

Looks as though FSD and the oncoming car both tried to beat the yellow and when the oncoming car didn’t slow, FSD adjusted quickly. It was a close call for sure nonetheless.

How does Tesla decide if a Vehicle is in California? Most vehicles that got the update were in California but some were in Florida and elsewhere. It can’t be GPS data, maybe if you update the mailing address on the account to California you could get it?

How does Tesla decide if a Vehicle is in California? Most vehicles that got the update were in California but some were in Florida and elsewhere. It can’t be GPS data, maybe if you update the mailing address on the account to California you could get it?
No one here can say for certain how Tesla selects the people to send it to. But they do know exactly where the vehicles are used since they get the telemetry and driving data to analyze. There is nothing you can do to get it except wait until you are in the queue. Hell DirtyTesla begged and badgered Elon asking for it and Elon blocked him. 🤪 As of now NO ONE is getting 12.2.1. It is likely gone to ALL the cars Tesla intended it to go to and we will need to wait on the next version and next wave added to the queue. Odds are you or I won't be in it either but you never know until it happens. So good luck getting in 12.3 (hopefully before the end of next week) but I'd rather it be me than you. 🤣

Last edited:
V12.2.1 has better things to do than stop at highway onramp red lights.

Well, at least for me, V11.x didn't make any attempt to stop at them either. I'm surprised their data didn't have enough examples of metering signals to get it to respond to them. (Or maybe there are multiple designs and it hasn't gotten enough of that type?)

But you don’t have to move. You can just change it.

Change the address to some mega corporation building where the mail will get lost. It’s just recall information. Nobody from Tesla is sending you a gift basket.

All you’re doing is targeting a software system that’s automated on an assumption and a wish.

I see no downside.

• Funny
Reactions: pilotSteve
I see no downside.
Unless your new fake address area has completed its testing and now your real address is the current testing area. Kind of like whack-a-mole.

Then they'll ask you to update address of your credit card on file and your address in the app. You'll then have to go there to get anything your order from the app. You'll need to switch your preferred Service Center. Your wife will ask if you're leading a double life and have another family. Then there's alimony and taxes. Probably the FBI will get involved too.

Is it all really worth it?

Last edited: