Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does he do anything? Or is he just a full time shill?

Are you serious?

Apart from being a former carrier-based naval aviator he's still qualified as a commercial A321 Captain, is an Aeronautical Engineer, and is currently the Director of Communications, Navigation, Surveillance & Technical Programs at Jetblue airlines.

He's arguably the MOST objective and qualified public-facing FSD tester there is.

What's your resume?

TeslaInfo API fetched 2024.3.25 release notes keep updating, and it now shows those from a 2021 Model S newly including an entry for "Tesla Vision Park Assist" (in addition to "Autopark Update").

Tesla Vision Park Assist
You can now choose to enable Tesla Vision Park Assist. It displays a high-fidelity 3D representation of the area around your vehicle, including the proximity and shape of nearby objects, barriers, vehicles, and painted road markings.​
To enable it, go to your vehicle settings > Autopilot > Park Assist > Tesla Vision.​
Park Assist is for guidance purposes only and is not a substitute for an alert driver. Remain attentive and avoid obstacles as required.​
Looks like those with 12.3.6 can choose between USS or Tesla Vision?

I think that the Ui update for AMD vs Intel is because they need to free up compute power from the HW3/4 computer to drive 12.4/12.5. If they can simplify the visual model to run on the AMD chip then it’ll give the users eye candy while the FSD model runs to its full potential.

View attachment 1042559

You can see where the visualization is independent of the FSD model but taking up resources. This is evident when you get these prompts from V11 but V12 does its own thing anyway.
why does the car need to have any visualizations at all? Other than the standard map and path is planning to take? I rarely look at it anyway. And it doesn’t affect my ability to supervise the car. Would gladly give it up for more compute power if that is indeed taking up resources.

I love how everyone got their panties up in a bunch. All I asked was if he does anything other than post daily FSDj videos 😅

We might need a forum vendor for panty tailoring. :)

Screenshot 2024-04-28 110624.png

Are you serious?

Apart from being a former carrier-based naval aviator he's still qualified as a commercial A321 Captain, is an Aeronautical Engineer, and is currently the Director of Communications, Navigation, Surveillance & Technical Programs at Jetblue airlines.

He's arguably the MOST objective and qualified public-facing FSD tester there is.

What's your resume?
I almost feel like you navy seal copypasta’d me just now 🤔

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
I love how everyone got their panties up in a bunch. All I asked was if he does anything other than post daily FSDj videos 😅
Well, calling him a full time shill deserves a call out for ignorance. He contributes more to our data and knowledge on a single Tuesday then most of the corner barkers do throughout the full FSD process.

Well, calling him a full time shill deserves a call out for ignorance. He contributes more to our data and knowledge on a single Tuesday then most of the corner barkers do throughout the full FSD process.
Well. Ignorance is not knowing. I didn’t know what he does… so I asked. Now I know.

No need to get offended because I didn’t know what your idol does aside from commenting on social media and making videos about FSD releases.

Edit: I also didn’t call him a full time shill, I asked if he was.

Last edited:
You can see where the visualization is independent of the FSD model but taking up resources.
Although I've never tried but taking 8 camera feeds (independent of navigation/control feeds) and turning into a real-time animation does not sound like a resouce-heavy app. Maybe it is.

Plus I'd expect the animation to be 100% separated from navigation (except direction) and controls. So what you see is not necessarily what you get, perhaps on rare occasion.