Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
by now, my butt provides me better info
I like to see how much I can keep it right on the bubble, as sensitive as my butt and foot are data is data… probably what keeps me at 118% efficiency.

And there’s nothing nicer than coming down the grapevine, with foot fully off and just see that large green bar pegged to the left.. oh well. It’s just funny that someone in UX thought it was cumbersome, not necessary or better married to the trim.

I like to see how much I can keep it right on the bubble, as sensitive as my butt and foot are data is data… probably what keeps me at 118% efficiency.

And there’s nothing nicer than coming down the grapevine, with foot fully off and just see that large green bar pegged to the left.. oh well. It’s just funny that someone in UX thought it was cumbersome, not necessary or better married to the trim.
Agreed, located to the far left it should be doubled in width to be useful - took me a minute to find it after the update. "Butt-feel" aside, I still find myself glancing at it from time to time...

Reactions: dhanson865
Agreed, located to the far left it should be doubled in width to be useful - took me a minute to find it after the update. "Butt-feel" aside, I still find myself glancing at it from time to time...
It seems to be wide enough to me, just not enough contrast around it in day mode. If you switch to night/dark mode the bar is perfectly visible.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
It seems to be wide enough to me, just not enough contrast around it in day mode. If you switch to night/dark mode the bar is perfectly visible.

Hmm, do you usually use night mode in the daytime?

I haven't tried that yet but your comment has me thinking and during a major UI change seems like a good time to make the change. I do so on my phone but it never occurred to me to check to see if I can do so on the tesla.

(I'm a week or more away from downloading the update, no time to seek out WiFi over the next few days.)

After you get 2024.14.9 you will get map NA-2024-8 if that is what you asked. I got it the next day.
Same. What was great is the new map fixed my oldest and worst mapping problem which I have reported to Tesla many times. Navigation always had a right hand turn followed right away by a U-turn in the middle of the street. FSD would simply stop in the middle of the road and never move. Now all better. Car turns left on Elm Street at the Stop sign like it should. I didn't realize I had the new map until I approached the intersection and navigation was correct for the first time since 2018.

1718376390783.png

I haven't tried that yet but your comment has me thinking and during a major UI change seems like a good time to make the change. I do so on my phone but it never occurred to me to check to see if I can do so on the tesla.

(I'm a week or more away from downloading the update, no time to seek out WiFi over the next few days.)
I use Dark mode 24/7. I don’t know who can stand a huge blinding white screen in their cars but I guess a lot of you do. Regen bar is perfect in Dark mode.
I will concede that the new mini map isn’t as good in Dark mode in the daytime.

Man, that speed indicator is HUGE..

And which one of you bozos asked for the energy/regen bar to be moved to obscurity.? It’s now nearly useless.

News flash: my foot gives me immediate energy/regen information and I don't need to look down at the screen...
Tesla obviously knows very few people care about this information (sorry Alan) so moving it to obscurity was ok. Took me awhile to realize the bar was moved and I agree the vertical orientation is worse.

Mine never leaves night mode. I had to switch modes to see what everyone was complaining about.

I use FSD 99% of my drives. I let the AI/NN decide all of that. I just supervise

1718380728985.png

I don’t have enough money to let FSD drive 99% of the time.. if i did, I would have probably replaced TWO full sets of wheels by now.
I think it is weird that some people have problems with FSD curbing wheels. I don't see it ever getting that close. Is it only an issue on some models? (I have a Model Y.) Is it some kind of weird road design that causes a problem?