Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
End of week and still 0 evidence of 12.4.2 in internal testing. Since 12.4.x is proving to be difficult it is stating to look like we may need a couple of updates (12.4.4) before enough of the "all known bugs" are ironed out and we get it. Even some of us getting 12.4.x by July 4th is starting to look iffy at best. Seems Tesla knows this a longer term problem since we were (are being) given the "Spring" update in the mean time.
I am 4000 miles away from the United States 🇺🇸, currently, so I don't give a sh1t about the updates, but the thread posts are hysterical 🤣!!

In all seriousness, I do want @gottagofast to get his robotaxi asap!

Last edited:
I stopped going to starbucks and In-n-Out. Saved a ton of money and can pay for FSD too.

Choices.
Well, my SBUX hit annually is $1100… to replace a full set of 18” RIMS (not including tires, which would add another $1100) is close at ~$1100… so i guess yeah I could give up the BUX, to let FSD drive 99% of the time.

I think it is weird that some people have problems with FSD curbing wheels. I don't see it ever getting that close. Is it only an issue on some models? (I have a Model Y.) Is it some kind of weird road design that causes a problem?
It’s more driving straight into potholes, of which there are a LOT around here. No slow down, no attempt to avoid.

I also have the problem that the car wants to drive ~ 6-8” farther to the right than I ever would, and or the lines would indicate.. so curbing is yes, sadly, a big issue too.

I think it is weird that some people have problems with FSD curbing wheels. I don't see it ever getting that close. Is it only an issue on some models? (I have a Model Y.) Is it some kind of weird road design that causes a problem?
Just highly dependent on the road. I’ve never curbed a wheel with FSD or have had a situation where I am certain it would have curbed a wheel.

But you can tell from the trajectories it takes that it is possible. It definitely cuts corners; it does not take an equidistant route around corners, which isn’t required but is my preference for it given its current predilections.

Plus it will take lines oddly close to curbs on turn lanes (see video).

Last edited:
I also have a Model Y (2023) and like you I don't ever see FSD getting close. No curb rash. Likely related to road design and where people drive which seems to be consistent with how people perceive FSD in general.

I saw it's too close to the left on a 3 lane street this morning. It doesn't not scratch my wheels though. It's too close to the yellow line marker (4-6 inches) which is about 6 inches from the concrete.

I have to agree. It's too narrow and the display bezel makes it even less visible from the driver's seat. Add to that it'll likely be near impossible to monitor/see via video from mounted internal cameras.
I agree it's a poor location now and hard to view but with Tesla relying less and less on a person actually doing the driving this type of change isn't much of a surprise.