Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Auto shift out of park never seemed like it would be useful to me but auto shift between D and R seems really nice. Too bad my car has stalks though I don't see why they couldn't bring it to stalk-ful cars (other than to keep it a premium feature). But I'm curious how fast it is compared to manual shifting. You don't have to bring the car to a complete stop before shifting manually. Does auto shift require bringing the car to a complete stop?
No, it does not require stopping. I'd say when using it after backing out of a parking spot it's not any slower than shifting to drive manually. If you've been driving and want to use it to shift into reverse, it is a bit slower since you have to be below some speed threshold for a certain amount of time before it will trigger. I haven't quite figured out the speed threshold (maybe 8 mph?) or the amount of time (seems variable depending on how fast you were driving before pulling into the parking lot).

Um. Recently had a 2021 MY develop a case of water droplets in the left fender camera. Replaced by a mobile tech under warranty.

Second: with exactly the correct angle to the left or right by the sun, one can get a message like that. Not recently, but it’s happened. On a straight east-west interstate, heading west on a clear day.

Third: in the service menu, there’s a way to see views on all the cameras on the car, including the left & right pillar cameras, the three up front (wide, regular, narrow), and the inside view. See if any look bad?

There’s been occasional reports around here about thin layers of scum that flare in bright light on the front cameras, fixed by getting the camera housing off, then cleaning the inside of the windshield with some Really Aggressive cleaner. Something similar about the left &,right pillar cameras and water, too.

Good luck?
Is Really Aggressive the name of the cleaner you use?

Yep.One can always do that.

But, with rare exceptions, one has to be connected to wi-fi in order to download the package.
You DON'T need WiFi to receive or check for an update. If you are in the queue to get an update you will get a Notification and in your car you will have the Yellow Download arrow. then you need to connect to WiFi. But WiFi has nothing to do with getting an update ONLY downloading it.

IMG_5165.jpeg

Welp, 3.5 hours after charging to 70%, car downloading 14.9…. Coincidence?
YES, pure coincidence. You will get a Notification for an update at <1% charge. I suspect the car will download the update at this low state although I don't have WiFi (must hot spot to download) so not 100% sure. However you do need a >20% charge to do the actual install. Whether your car is plugged in and charging is not relevant.

I don't have home charging or WiFi (live in a high rise) so I know this for a fact.

Last edited:
End of week and still 0 evidence of 12.4.2 in internal testing. Since 12.4.x is proving to be difficult it is stating to look like we may need a couple of updates (12.4.4) before enough of the "all known bugs" are ironed out and we get it. Even some of us getting 12.4.x by July 4th is starting to look iffy at best. Seems Tesla knows this a longer term problem since we were (are being) given the "Spring" update in the mean time.

Um. Recently had a 2021 MY develop a case of water droplets in the left fender camera. Replaced by a mobile tech under warranty.

Second: with exactly the correct angle to the left or right by the sun, one can get a message like that. Not recently, but it’s happened. On a straight east-west interstate, heading west on a clear day.

Third: in the service menu, there’s a way to see views on all the cameras on the car, including the left & right pillar cameras, the three up front (wide, regular, narrow), and the inside view. See if any look bad?

There’s been occasional reports around here about thin layers of scum that flare in bright light on the front cameras, fixed by getting the camera housing off, then cleaning the inside of the windshield with some Really Aggressive cleaner. Something similar about the left &,right pillar cameras and water, too.

Good luck?
Just checked this out. Crystal clear images on all cams. I had the fender camera issue on my 2022 Y. That wound render FSD totally useless. I think this is a bug on 2024.14.9, since I use it all day and have never seen the cameras occluded message. I’ll also add, where I live, there are no street lights, roads are dark. I used to get this message back on 11.x.x at some point on these dark rural roads.

According to TeslaFi, there are now more pending updates to 2024.14.9 than there are vehicles still on 2024.3.25. ..
Keep in mind there are still cars moving from 14.7 and 14.8 to 14.9. There are even cars from 2.7 and from 2023 versions still moving (although very few). But it looks like 3.25 will soon be a thing of the past.

3.25 down to ~10% of US/Can fleet.

Just checked this out. Crystal clear images on all cams. I had the fender camera issue on my 2022 Y. That wound render FSD totally useless. I think this is a bug on 2024.14.9, since I use it all day and have never seen the cameras occluded message. I’ll also add, where I live, there are no street lights, roads are dark. I used to get this message back on 11.x.x at some point on these dark rural roads.
Try recalibration?

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Man, that speed indicator is HUGE..

And which one of you bozos asked for the energy/regen bar to be moved to obscurity.? It’s now nearly useless.
News flash: my foot gives me immediate energy/regen information and I don't need to look down at the screen...