Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have speculated about this in the past. Lots of things are possible - including masking expletives automatically. We don't know what Tesla does - I have this mental image of the team being super stressed and short of people constantly. So, who knows what they have actually implemented ...
Well.. If I were them, it'd be a searchable database. Like, "Search for words like 'lane' 'wrong' 'left' 'unprotected'" and see what pops up; then do a lot of grepping, see what analysis says from the associated video, and extra credit to automate everything as much as possible. Then see what the ten (or so) top contenders, by some metric look like, as checked by a human.

Correlation would be everything.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Elon Musk is putting all his FSD eggs in the one v12.3 basket!
They definitely want to up the take rate of FSD - to shore up sagging GM.

But - its not like he will give up and throw in the towel if 12.3 (or .4 or 13 or 15 doesn't work well enough).

IMO they are going to keep trying until it becomes good enough to be L3 (even though they will not take liability or call it unsupervised).

But - its not like he will give up and throw in the towel if 12.3 (or .4 or 13 or 15 doesn't work well enough).

IMO they are going to keep trying until it becomes good enough to be L3 (even though they will not take liability or call it unsupervised).
What an irony. "give them a test drive on v12" and then sell them a car that CAN'T get v12. 🤣 🤣 🤣

What an irony. "give them a test drive on v12" and then sell them a car that CAN'T get v12. 🤣 🤣 🤣
LOL. Thats what I was thinking - new cars can't get 12.3.1 currently.

Ofcourse CT doesn't even have AP yet.

1711391470952.png

Do you think this is a pre-mature move? An attempt to boost financials in the short term may have lasting negative consequences. V12 is still making annoying mistakes, from what I've gathered, and still requires the driver to be ready to intervene. And I can't imagine any new driver being pleased with the aggressive nagging. I went from Autopilot to FSD so I got used to the warnings, but even Autopilot has a learning curve. If I were a new, wide-eyed buyer with lofty expectations, the reality of FSD as it stands would be a slap in the face.

Do you think this is a pre-mature move?....
That is the correct word since we are talking Elon. This is just Elon being Elon and post the first thought off the top of his head.

I bet the people at the stores are asking the manager "How do we get a car with v12 since all the new ones we have can't get it?".

LOL. Thats what I was thinking - new cars can't get 12.3.1 currently.

Ofcourse CT doesn't even have AP yet.

View attachment 1031944

Doesn't the message explicitly say that the delivery center needs to install and activate v12? To me, this means they have a way to force v12 on cars waiting to be picked up.

Doesn't the message explicitly say that the delivery center needs to install and activate v12? To me, this means they have a way to force v12 on cars waiting to be picked up.
Do you think this is a pre-mature move? An attempt to boost financials in the short term may have lasting negative consequences. V12 is still making annoying mistakes, from what I've gathered, and still requires the driver to be ready to intervene. And I can't imagine any new driver being pleased with the aggressive nagging. I went from Autopilot to FSD so I got used to the warnings, but even Autopilot has a learning curve. If I were a new, wide-eyed buyer with lofty expectations, the reality of FSD as it stands would be a slap in the face.

This will take sometime to implement.

But I think its a good move - at least introduce people to FSD - some might take up, obviously the conversion rate will be low, but has to be better than what it is now.

I’m still waiting for my console quality gaming lol
100% agree. I think the general public has a way better perception of FSD due to all the shills, and an actual hands on experience can only hinder that image. Especially the excessive nags.
I would not be surprised if there’s some snake move, buy a car with FSD RIGHT NOW, and you’ll get FSDj. Something along the sleazy move with the stock ownership and CT deliveries.

That is the correct word since we are talking Elon. This is just Elon being Elon and post the first thought off the top of his head.

I bet the people at the stores are asking the manager "How do we get a car with v12 since all the new ones we have can't get it?".
This is actually good news. Very likely merging the 2023 and 2024 builds is going to happen soon then we thought to avoid this. Elon also knows this will soon include the advanced parking enhancement and soon thereafter summon and reverse summon.

You can also be sure Tesla employees will pick an easy route for FSD. Take rate will jump. Now Tesla just needs to reduce the purchase and subscription prices.

I spent a lot of time in countries that almost exclusively use multilane roundabouts and a left turn should look like this:
View attachment 1030869
If that’s what the car was doing, it’s not really cutting off but correct. I’m curious what the car was doing?
….and Arizona, Colorado and many states. Good news this is getting more usable.

Sadly, the way that previous message was written it could be just a standard FBI 101 subscription hack. Sign ppl up with a 30 day trial and expect that >30% of subs do not realize they have signed up for a RECURRING subscription, with $199 a month billing. Of that portion, nearly half don’t cancel within two months, some even longer and the refund period may only be ONE 30 day period. It would be highly sneaky, but why on earth would that edict apparently from EM say “now mandatory to “sign customer up” and take them through the FSB usage. It’s a bit of FBI, but overall customers HATE it.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Sadly, the way that previous message was written it could be just a standard FBI 101 subscription hack. Sign ppl up with a 30 day trial and expect that >30% of subs do not realize they have signed up for a RECURRING subscription, with $199 a month billing. Of that portion, nearly half don’t cancel within two months, some even longer and the refund period may only be ONE 30 day period. It would be highly sneaky, but why on earth would that edict apparently from EM say “now mandatory to “sign customer up” and take them through the FSB usage. It’s a bit of FBI, but overall customers HATE it.

What in the world does the Federal Bureau of Investigation have to do with this?