Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You stumbled on the rare migration of the insurance fraud tribe. Very majestic. If you see one going for it, help the cause and give it some acceleration. 🙏

View attachment 1032467

X (Your velocity)

Y (Insurance Tribesman)

Z (Result)

XY=Z

You can’t control Y but you can sure as hell get a better score by increasing X.
Since he’s in San Diego, there are signs of families crossing the freeway like deer signs. What does the screen show? I’ve seen men halfway in manholes working and FSD only shows the cones around them but men who are kneeling or squatting do show. Also FSD should show tent city on the freeway in certain areas.

So you have worse traffic on routes other than school ?!? ;)

Anyway - if so, they finally learn how to deal with "edge" cases. Avoid them !
I updated my thread to state that I figured this out as it ignored those routes on holidays too.

And this is TX. Even the school road is 3 lanes both sides. Plenty of room for everyone.

Last edited:
B-Pillar Feedback- I stand corrected (partially)

V12 has done one thing I didn't expect. FSD has solved my obstructed view intersections. And for that I admit I was partially wrong (but not totally).
FSD now creeps, more accurately inches out, and eventually makes a safe decision to go. It's very clear that FSD is now smart enough to know how far it has to creep to make a go/no go decision. Amazing really. Previously FSD frequently made decisions that were dangerous and I often had to disengage. It got to a point I stopped using FSD at the obstructed view intersections.

All good right? Well not really. Sometimes the creeps are so far into the road traffic is forced to cross over into the other lane and on one occasion cars had to stop. These are secondary roads with no shoulders and typically cars are not going very fast. So are the turns safe? Yup, but without cameras closer to the front the root cause will never be addressed.

Later this week I will try and video the behavior showing how far the creep can be. (half way across the road)

So been anxiously awaiting the much heralded 12.3 and installed (2023.44.30.25) 2 days ago. Minimal experience and all residential city at this point. But first thing I noticed on the 35 mph residential street was although I had max speed manually set to 38, the car would not go faster than about 29 or 30. 2 lanes, no real traffic around me or oncoming. I could accelerate of course but each time I came off, the car slowed to 35 or less - dialing the max speed up had no effect. Discovered the new setting "automatic set speed offset" which seems like the infobutton kind of translates to "this is what speed FSD wants to drive at." When I did this, the max speed was actually even slower - to the point where I would never enable FSD on city streets if I was stuck with this. Reminded me of the silly "saftey score" where you had to drive like a grandma or get "dinged." Following day turned this off - but still stuck at or below speed limit. Sorry, but this is not how humans drive on these roads. Not being able to override what the car is doing for max speed personally I think sux and will kill my experience. I hope this "feature" is short lived. Am I missing something in terms of settings/controls? Anyone else have the same experience? I really haven't noticed anything appreciable in "smoothness" -- and still stops well in front of cross lines for instance, same as always. Granted my experience to date with 12.3 is limited, but so far not feelin' it ...

Hey if Tesla service vehicles are getting 12.3.1 it may work just getting in the WiFi and checking for an update right?
Don't try and steal my idea.
Already posted that.
Been sitting here for 34 hours now at my local service center.
No updates yet...
Btw, teslafi has:

Version 2024.3.5​

That is the one we all want. Only 1 car in Indiana has it.

V12.3.2 and 2024 branch would be nice, especially with better autopark and Ass

Last edited:
Don't try and steal my idea.
Already posted that.
Been sitting here for 34 hours now at my local service center.
No updates yet...
Btw, teslafi has:

Version 2024.3.5​

That is the one we all want. Only 1 car in Indiana has it.

V12.3.2 and 2024 branch would be nice, especially with better autopark and Ass
If we find the one car that has it and set it on fire then they’ll push another update out to one person until one of us gets it, right?