Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got 2023.44.30.30 (12.3.1) in Canada!
TeslaFi stats seem to show 12.3.1 currently targeting roughly 25% Canada rollout (while US is currently around 75% with 12.3.x, so hopefully both getting to 100% with 12.3.2 soon). Were there existing odd behaviors of 11.x in Canada? I believe initial FSD Beta rollout had special restrictions for Toronto downtown core perhaps due to streetcar interactions, so are there similar for where you are?

Given the hand-off issues between 12.x city streets and 11.x freeway, it'll be interesting if 12.x stays on through the end of the on-ramp where I believe in Canada, typically the dashed lines go all the way touching the ending lane's solid white line.

Reactions: primedive
Just went to a local Home Depot and come back. I used to pre-disengage about 4 times using V11, along with some manual max speed adjustments in 3 places.

Now the V12.3.1:
- As expected, it passed all previously 4 disengaged locations. Some were rather challenging with lots of traffic, yet it drove just like I would. 100/100 here. V11 was hopeless here, and I personally panicked in all 4 locations, drove like an idiot when I first arrived at my city. I feel in these conditions, V12.3.1 drives better than a human with no existing local knowledge.
- Auto-speed : It is weird. on a road marked 40km/h, it sometimes goes up to 58km/h. I usually use 55km/h max speed, so that's not bad. It also did 79km/h on 60km/h road. It seems I am experiencing more above limit speed than most of you. I also had share of below posted speed experiences.
- Manual accel on auto-speed : When it was doing 60 and I needed it to go 80, I pushed accel, and it kept at 80 nicely. The road wasn't long enough for me to figure out if it goes back to 60 or not. No problem for me there.
- Accel/Brake : It now does both little more aggressively than I'm used to. On the other hand, 2 years ago, I recall being worse. Perhaps I will get used to it.
- Following distance : Not sure what the logic is here. No matter what setting I use, sometimes it feels to far, and sometimes closer than I've ever seen FSD do. Acceptable, but I would have preferred more consistency.
- Cornering : Smooth! Also, I didn't experience the tight almost-curve-hitting type of turns.

In a nut shell, I'll need more time to get used to the new Idiosyncrasies of this version, but I like it. Looking forward to drive some more near the future.
The auto-speed is the biggest issue for me as the car zooms very fast and quickly changes lanes nearly clipping another car. After a few very close calls I don't trust auto-speed and decided not to use.

what speed offset setting are you running?
To be honest, I don't recall as I was paying attention to other things. I basically didn't touch the scroll at all during this drive.

I usually have it set to 25% above posted speed and re-adjust as needed when I was using V11. I also tried all 3 Chill/Average/Assertive but didn't feel they were all that different. Need more time to feel those.

Reactions: Ramphex
Have they?
Tesla claims FSD beta is L2 and therefore not subject to AV regulations.
I’m sure there will eventually be federal AV regulations but currently it’s being regulated by the states.

I would not mind if FSD became L3 but still required driver monitoring in order to avoid regulations!

The auto-speed is the biggest issue for me as the car zooms very fast and quickly changes lanes nearly clipping another car. After a few very close calls I don't trust auto-speed and decided not to use.
My auto speed was going too slow having to constantly press the accelerator. Turning it off, I now find the old school offset also being broken. It’ll drive slower than your set speed until you press the accelerator to get it up to your set speed, then it’ll maintain it.

TeslaFi stats seem to show 12.3.1 currently targeting roughly 25% Canada rollout (while US is currently around 75% with 12.3.x, so hopefully both getting to 100% with 12.3.2 soon). Were there existing odd behaviors of 11.x in Canada? I believe initial FSD Beta rollout had special restrictions for Toronto downtown core perhaps due to streetcar interactions, so are there similar for where you are?

Given the hand-off issues between 12.x city streets and 11.x freeway, it'll be interesting if 12.x stays on through the end of the on-ramp where I believe in Canada, typically the dashed lines go all the way touching the ending lane's solid white line.
I drive quite a bit in Ontario and also further south in USA. I don't think Ontario has anything odd compared to other eastern states, other than km/h unit. As for Toronto, yes they have quite a lot of street cars and I always wondered how FSD would handle those as I confuses heck out of me too, after not visiting these roads for few years....

I didn't get to test highways yet, but I do have that as part of regular drives, so I'll find out how it behaves as it joins highways and also how it exits. I didn't like the way V11 exited highways - kinda did a mild sling move rather than a smooth lane change.

Reactions: Mardak
For those whose car isn't keeping up with the flow of traffic (while on Auto Speed), I'm definitely interested in why the NN isn't handling that properly. For me, and others who have reported here, when there is moderate traffic around the car, it keeps up with them, even if that means traveling faster than the speed limit. Why is our experience different from those who've reported their cars driving significantly below the speed limit (30's in a 50 zone) even while many cars are around them, changing lanes and passing them?

In this example, my car will stay at or just below the speed limit (light traffic):

View attachment 1032627

In this example, my car will keep up with the cars around it, even if they are speeding (moderate traffic):

View attachment 1032630
The car does better, for me, on those large roads with traffic. It really struggles with hills, winding roads, and the worst...2 lane roads. Even if there are cars behind me.

In the city or 3 lane highway (not freeway/interstate, still V12 stack) it's ok, but on those rural roads, it's almost scared.

I have a 55mph road that V12.3 wanted to go 47 MAX, but sometimes was as low as 40. 12.3.1 will go 53-54 now. The odd thing is Auto Speed and the old offset seem to have the same logic outside of the maximum. If I put that 55 mph road at 65, which is how fast 99% of cars drive, it will basically do the same as the Auto Max.

I felt the car did go over posted speed by a larger margin when there were cars in front of me and they were driving significantly faster than posted limit.

I didn't experience any crazy behaviors yet, but that was only 30mins worth of drive.

IMG_1206.jpeg

.5 S/X

.6 3/Y?

Service center WiFi attempt #2 today?

What if, effectively, it does not require driver monitoring, but they keep it at L2 to avoid all the strings attached to L3? They could keep it like that for a while, until they reach a demand ceiling.
Maybe. I don’t know why anyone would want that though. I want the car to drive itself without supervision!

My auto speed was going too slow having to constantly press the accelerator. Turning it off, I now find the old school offset also being broken. It’ll drive slower than your set speed until you press the accelerator to get it up to your set speed, then it’ll maintain it.
The car's FSD driving is predictably unpredictable with the auto-speed on these cars. I am in a congested area and every little mistake the car makes could not be potentially good.

Reactions: Pdubs and Ramphex
Has anyone tried MLC with auto-Speed on V12? Does that make drives any more predictable?
I never drive without MLC enabled - it's muscle memory every time I get into the car. That said, the car will change lanes more on v12 than it used to on v11. I've even experienced what others here have reported where the car will change lanes away from an upcoming turn for no apparent reason. However, my experiences have been the lane change well in advance (1/2 a mile or so), so the car changes lanes and then shortly after changes right back for the upcoming turn. I have not yet experienced the lane change a few hundred feet before the turn and then missing the turn.

• Informative
Reactions: JHCCAZ and JohnB007
2024.3.6 12.3.2.1.jpg

Looks like 2024.3.6 is FSD Beta 12.3.2.1 going to at least demo / test drive vehicles:

Not spotted on TeslaFi yet while Teslascope shows one upgrading from 2024.2.100, so this should cover new deliveries on factory builds. Looks like deploy quickly with many versions and merge together later?

@j0shm1lls is your delivery today? Perhaps you can report back if a FSD demo drive is required with your new or demo vehicle and what software is on each.