Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dam, it happened to me. 12.3 got curb rash below side skirt.

View attachment 1032641View attachment 1032644
View attachment 1032647

It just casually went over the curb no hesitation to make room for traffic.

Thankfully the damage appears to be cosmetic and the lower side metal just got scratched looks like.
Why do you let FSDb drive in the parking lot? Which usually have very sharp curb angles! Have you been following posts here which already mentioned that 12.3 have a tendency to cut corners? From my experience 12.3.1 do a little better, but I would still watch out on normal right turns and certainly not let 12.3.1 to drive in the parking lot.

Commute:
8 miles, 6 disengagements (2 safety)
10-12 interventions.

Robotaxi?
damn... I have had 120 miles with 0 disengagements.

I have also had 10 miles with 2 disengagements owing to a crazy diamond intersection where it could not figure out how to continue going straight - in this case on parker road from right to left.

1711561302406.png

the damage appears to be cosmetic and the lower side metal just got scratched looks like.
Yeah that is no big deal; the metal part is just the edge of the battery pack, which is basically indestructible. Kind of a built-in rock slider.

No one will care if that’s a little scuffed up.

I warned people about this when I saw Omar’s curb kiss a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:
Then there's the enforcement issue. If you're happily FaceTiming while the car drives, no police officer in North America is going to let you drive off. They have no idea whether your car is using an autonomy system that has been NHTSA-approved for unsupervised use. Or, in layman's terms, that dog ain't gonna hunt, son.
I mentioned this earlier, got some SAE lecture, and something about Nevada so I gave up. Have fun with this up hill battle 😅

Then there's the enforcement issue. If you're happily FaceTiming while the car drives, no police officer in North America is going to let you drive off. They have no idea whether your car is using an autonomy system that has been NHTSA-approved for unsupervised use. Or, in layman's terms, that dog ain't gonna hunt, son.
This is probably why Mercedes, I believe, implemented a particular colored light on the exterior of the car that comes on when the car is in L3 mode. Presumably, this will alert the police that you are OK with playing with your phone. If any current Tesla becomes L3+ perhaps Tesla could implement some sort of pulsing side/rear lights or other visual indicator.

Yeah that is no big deal; it is just the edge of the battery pack, which is basically indestructible. Kind of a built-in rock slider.

No one will care if that’s a little scuffed up.
Thanks, I felt insanely lucky.

The sound I heard in the vehicle felt like it was rocker panel body damage. I parked and got out already expecting the worst but was insanely relieved.

Cleaned the area with 30% vinegar just now and gave it a good inspection, you're right. No visible damage unless you raise the car and look specifically at the one section.

1711562550706.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Captkerosene
AFAIK, he has verbally not spoken of FSD conforming to any of the SAE levels. He might have said yes or no in an interview, but he has not spoken the words L1, L2, L3 L4 or L5 to describe FSD.

Can you explain the actual difference between:

Elon: Our system will be SAE Level 5.

and:

Interviewer: Will your system be SAE level 5?
Elon: Yes.

Because you seem to think there is one- but there seems no rational reason for thinking such a thing.

Why do you let FSDb drive in the parking lot? Which usually have very sharp curb angles! Have you been following posts here which already mentioned that 12.3 have a tendency to cut corners? From my experience 12.3.1 do a little better, but I would still watch out on normal right turns and certainly not let 12.3.1 to drive in the parking lot.
I definitely have higher risk tolerance and calmer nerves. This snuck up on me because each time I exercised extreme caution near curbs it cleared it each time, just very very closely.

I complacently let it proceed and luckily got away without real damage.

Thanks, I felt insanely lucky.

The sound I heard in the vehicle felt like it was rocker panel body damage. I parked and got out already expecting the worst but was insanely relieved.

Cleaned the area with 30% vinegar just now and gave it a good inspection, you're right. No visible damage unless you raise the car and look specifically at the one section.

View attachment 1032668
Was there…. bacteria?

Can you explain the actual difference between:

Elon: Our system will be SAE Level 5.

and:

Interviewer: Will your system be SAE level 5?
Elon: Yes.

Because you seem to think there is one- but there seems no rational reason for thinking such a thing.
Because usually it's not that straightforward. If I remember correctly, they usually are talking about something else and there are other qualifiers or other things that make the interpretation much less clear. It's kind of like how surveys can ask leading questions, and the news reports would write about results in misleading way, when if you look at the actual exact survey question, the actual meaning/connotations is not quite the same.

Just getting the exact quote of the questions and answers is important, not just paraphrasing or people straight up making things up.

Reactions: enemji
View attachment 1032635

Looks like 2024.3.6 is FSD Beta 12.3.2.1 going to at least demo / test drive vehicles:

Not spotted on TeslaFi yet while Teslascope shows one upgrading from 2024.2.100, so this should cover new deliveries on factory builds. Looks like deploy quickly with many versions and merge together later?

@j0shm1lls is your delivery today? Perhaps you can report back if a FSD demo drive is required with your new or demo vehicle and what software is on each.
If the email was real that dictated vehicles post service to receive 12.3.1 and currently 12.3.2.1 is out then it's entirely possible opening a ticket or getting on service WiFi to check for an update could trigger it to be pushed to your car.

I did this yesterday but looks like it was S/X only.

I'll actually drive out there today and try it again now that a confirmed 3/Y version is out.