Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today V12.3 shifted far right onto the white line to avoid a dead racoon in the road and immediately got back to the center of the lane. Roadkill detection detected!

In other news, I sure am seeing a ton of commentary on reddit and YouTube comments and X about people buying FSD subscriptions today. I have a feeling this is going to be bigger than we all anticipate. Again the average income of a Tesla owner is $150k, so for 10-20% of them to buy a subscription in the next quarter or two is quite possible. That will add a few $100M to the bottom line every quarter
Hmmmm...
I had it give me an audible alert today on a two lane road with a dead bird in my lane and a car approaching in the other lane.

Looked like a crow had gotten run over. Decent sized bird. I suspect FSD would have preferred to avoid it but couldn’t because of the oncoming traffic, hence the audible alert.
What did the alert say? I keep getting a toll booth detected alert on 12.3….. and I have yet to drive through a toll booth since I got that update. 🤔

What did the alert say? I keep getting a toll booth detected alert on 12.3….. and I have yet to drive through a toll booth since I got that update. 🤔
12.3 has a vivid imagination. Like, about that number on the speed limit signs. I was on a back road marked 35 yesterday and the visualization showed a sign with 60 on it. It did correct at the subsequent limit 35 sign.

Got to love when stuff like this happens, they start the roll out to 12.3.1 then stop the roll out, start roll out to 12.3.2, then stop the roll out, start the roll out to 12.3.2.1 then stop the roll out, now 12.3.3 is on the radar and a lot of us are still suck on 12.3 baked into 2023.x main branch 😂😂
It took us how long just to get 12.3 because they kept doing that?

So Tesla just changed the name from FSD Beta to FSD Supervised?
So basically after all the excitement over the various government agencies investigating Tesla, and FSD haters claiming it was the end of the road for Tesla, and yada yada, we get (drum roll) ... a new word added to the name!!

Excuse me, I have to sit down a moment, I'm feeling faint. I know I'll sleep better in my bed tonight.

(not saying you were a hater or anything @diplomat33 , just a general comment to the thread)

I thought so too but I was fact checking myself and at least the model Y online manual doesn't have the word Beta in that section that I could see. On the other hand, you made me double check and, because tesla...., you'll find beta describing traffic aware cruise control and autosteer in the Model S online manual.
I was in particular wondering what the wording here in app will:

- Autosteer (Beta)
- Full Self-Driving (Beta)

Are both upgraded to Supervised in 2024.3.10? Or will basic "Autosteer" remain in beta forever?

1711850880709.png

Probably a liability issue decided by Tesla. It is required by law that you maintain control of your vehicle and have a hand on the wheel. That doesn't mean that all cars must have nags. I just got FSD 12 and within a day got a strike for steering wheel nags. The last nag told me to apply force to the wheel while I had my hand there already. I started jiggling the wheel and the nag wouldn't stop. 5 seconds later I got the strike. I don't get it. Anyone know how to prevent this? Is there a certain way to have your hand on the wheel? I don't get camera nags. Even before I got FSD I would occasionally get "Hands-on defeat device detected" when only my hand is on the wheel. Something is wrong.
After the holiday update and before 12.3, my 2018 m3 did not honor continuous torque and when I got a nag, I had to torque in the reverse direction for a second or so. Try that.

With 12.3, no nags with continuous torque.