Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man the handoff from v12 to v11 stack on the highway is ripe for disaster. Sometimes the handoff happens mid-merge, and the two stacks have totally conflicting merge behavior. V11 likes to keep far to the right of the merging area as long as it can (which is really what you're supposed to do), while v12 likes to merge prematurely. So as soon as it switches to the old stack, it will abruptly jerk the wheel to realign the car to the ride side of the merge space, even after it seemingly finished merging. It was quite the surprise to say the least, and cars behind probably felt I was aggressively trying to block them from passing.
I think when both stacks become one E2E stack the problem may be resolved.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Got to love when stuff like this happens, they start the roll out to 12.3.1 then stop the roll out, start roll out to 12.3.2, then stop the roll out, start the roll out to 12.3.2.1 then stop the roll out, now 12.3.3 is on the radar and a lot of us are still stuck on 12.3 baked into 2023.x main branch 😂😂
So I'm trying to figure out why you're feeling so victimized by this. I'm "stuck" on 12.3 too, and I don't give a Stevia. If intermediate rollouts get halted, they've got "feaures" I don't want. I am so happy with finally (thank God) seeing actual progress. I'm sure not hearing anything about 12.3.2.3.1.2.2.1 that excites me. When something finally reaches me, there'll much more likely be something to celebrate than there would've been in the aborted versions.

Hi all! I sold my junk, with FSDj, last month. Zero regrets - ZERO. Glad you all are finally enjoying an improved experience- long over due! For me, I purchased FSD in 2019, and again in 2021, not to end up with a decent L2 system, but rather a true “FULL Self Driving” L4/L5 capability. I confidently concluded my vibrating HW3 equipped Plaid will never see L4/L5, so I sold (sh)it and moved on. All the best!

Edit: As of this post, it remains unsold on the dealer’s lot - after a month.
Oh no.... my wife's non FSD Model Y just received the free trial.... This junk is like a boomerang - I threw it away last month, and it came back to my garage, reincarnated! 🤣

It looks like FSD did not run a red light, because the turn was into a lane dedicated for such turns, and such turns do not require stopping.

From the Calif DMV Driver's Handbook: link

Right Turn onto a Road with a Dedicated Lane​

A dedicated right turn lane does not merge into another lane and allows you to make a right turn without stopping. You may make your turn even if there is a red light for vehicles going straight through the intersection. If there is a traffic light or sign on the right curb of the right turn lane, you must obey that light or sign. Always yield to pedestrians in a crosswalk when turning.

Right Turn onto a Road with a Dedicated Lane

However, the FSD probably should have stayed in the right lane after the turn. Generally right turns should enter and exit the intersection as close as "practicable" to the right hand curb, if my memory serves me. In this case, that would prevent conflict with cars coming through from the left.
Might be a mapping issue then because there is no dedicated lane after the turn.
IMG_9989.png