Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
12.3.2.1 in an 2023 M3 RWD, leaving a strip mall
View attachment 1034037
FSD drove the red line into the entrance lane, disengaged, backed up and went out the right exit
FSD got very confused by the median
seems nuts for isn't map data in the background as a reference?
Ill do the same drive with the 2023MYUSS with 12.3.3, stay tuned
In all fairness, parking lots are often difficult to navigate and have worse mapping data than streets do.

Currently I consider all parking lots to be edge cases. If FSD can handle them, great, but I don’t expect it to. I’m far more interested in regular roads.

Took my bro for a test drive with the new fsd, pretty impressive so far after 300 miles. Other than the changing lanes in NJ since I’m near NYC right across the water in Secaucus. Putting your blinker on basically tells other drivers to try and block you from going in. Which the Tesla doesn’t handle that well since it does things very by the books.

Just went out to the car to see if the Software tab would prompt a software update and after waiting what seemed like tens of seconds the car started updating from 2023.44.30.25 -> 2024.3.10 . Model S refresh with FSD, HW3, and USS.

I have to drive 360 miles tomorrow, about 280 on interstates. Hoping this version fixes some annoyances I had with 11.4.9 on secondary roads, in particular randomly moving into left and right turn lanes.

No reason to be excited for 12.3.2.3 over 12.3 IMO. No significant improvement in my experience. I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference personally.
For me Speed control is significantly better in 12.3.2.1. Spouse made same comment. 12.3 was lousy when it came to controlling your speed. Almost always too slow.

My son who owns a Model Y installed the free trial. He had ridden with me on an older build and didn't think much of FSD. His comment today after his first drive was "very nice".

• Informative
Reactions: sleepydoc
I just burned 🔥 my daily check and....

2024.3.10 was sitting there waiting for me to download​

2.7 GB download

Edit: installing now
Seriously? I burned mine this morning and got squat. I’ve never been behind you on updates save for that time I somehow went off “Advanced”.

That always made me think the push or the check were basically the same thing.

Well, bully for you.

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Seriously? I burned mine this morning and got squat. I’ve never been behind you on updates save for that time I somehow went off “Advanced”.

That always made me think the push or the check were basically the same thing.

Well, bully for you.
I got v12 exactly 2 weeks ago today. So they are right on schedule.
I hope I don't lose Kimbal mode...
If you already burned today, it might push itself later tonight.
Or hit it again when available

• Love
Reactions: Pdubs
If FSD is active then you CAN'T steer the car. Steering and FSD is a contradiction. With AP it would be nice to have it stay active after you change lanes, but if you steer with Full Self Driving the it is not FSD.

As of now potholes is a whole other can of worms that FSD needs to be trained for.

EDIT: Just to add that if you were able to steer the car on city streets while FSD is active this could lead to driver confusion or dangerous and unforeseen situations.
Supervised FSD. 😝 But I get the concern. I think the car can still allow some play since it will be a very long time before it sees and can react to everything that a human can, and we’re not there right now. So not necessarily just having the human taking over or fighting with the system, but not disengaging so easily. I’ve had both auto steer and fsd disengage on me just for holding the steering wheel during tighter turns, which is what both modes want me to do.
Anyway maybe Tesla can get it working well and we can worry about these things. In the meantime I’ll supervise it very closely for potholes. 😇

Chuck says speed control is better on 12.3.3
IMG_3177.jpeg

Reactions: FSDtester#1

Attachments

• IMG_0321.jpeg
    IMG_0321.jpeg
    247.1 KB · Views: 6
Usually it doesn't speed things up, however the last 2 it did.
2 years ago we used to get lucky once in a while, but not much.
Something has changed 🤔
It’s so odd I get all my different vehicle updates at the same time when others don’t. We’re having holiday party so two of the cars are blocked in, but I managed to get the X out to the edge of the driveway and connect it to a hotspot, I’ll take it for a spin and see what’s changed.