Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Make sure you didn’t dial down with scroll wheel too much for some other reason. This can result in too low a set speed. It typically takes a LOT of scrolling so probably it was just a limit detection issue (should be able to see that though - it will say the limit is 15mph or whatever).

By default it will set 60mph set speed in a 40mph, so if you scroll down 10 times your set speed would be 10mph. Which it would respect.

The set speed is not visible but it is used.

Of course, there could be some serious bug with the set speed algorithm too. Haven’t seen that though.
Left side said auto speed max, right side said 10 mph. Car wouldn’t go over 10.

12.3.2.1 is doing very bad things.

Had it try to fly off a freeway exit ramp. Like relax the steering in a heavy exit turn ramp from the highway.

Separately started to miss a turn. Made no effort to slow down, freaked out last second and tried to slam on the brakes while trying to crash into a fence. Good god.

Starting to think time of day is actually having an effect on FSD.

More likely the engineers yolo'd all the driving data into one pot and are slowly removing the bad drives that influence the really bad decisions. I'm sure this is why curbing is an issue because most stupid spoiled wh*res curb their wheels anyway and drive demented because they’re on their phone. Just remove Orange County California from the training base ENTIRELY.

Last edited:
Flutter of excitement on the update front here at "Casa Canada Avoiding Extraneous Updates."

TLDR Yesterday, the update notification disappeared from app. Check car, no download offer but car's firmware is unchanged. Check Teslafi, my current offer of 2023.44.30.14 was replaced by 2023.44.30.30 (V12.3.2.1) and then that offer was rescinded. The expected V2024.3.10 didn't appear last night. This morning, I awoke to 2023.44.30.30 offered once more. Now waiting for my service call to update my car (no wifi at home.)

Went to visit son whose wifi is setup in our car. It is only available from one part of his driveway. They were both home, both cars in the driveway. Since we were pushing my comfort level for 'next day range' (we had enough to get home but not enough to do anything much today since we only have L1 charging at home) so the plan was to drop me, drive to the national museum with a free tesla destination charger and then my husband would make the 20 minute walk back. Did that.

Fast forward 4 hours.

I suddenly think "OMG did the car get on our son's wifi and download the update (2023.44.30.14)?" Open up the app, no download notice. Voice my thought aloud. Husband says, "car can't connect to the house from the road". Son says, "car isn't here, it is at museum". Husband checks app and agrees the update notice is missing.

We walk back to the fully charged car (those destination chargers are really fast!) and there is no indication in the car of an available download. But also no install dialog box.

Then I wondered if the car updated and installed via LTE (which was my first experiment started back in Dec. and why we still have 2023.27.7) Or is there free wifi at the museum that the car jumped on without feedback from us? No and no, the car still has 23.27.7 and there was no wifi available to the car.

I pull up Teslafi and see that our offer of 2023.44.30.14 was pulled at 6:15. At 6.30 we were offered 2023.44.30.30 (V12.3.1) but at 7:15 that offer was pulled.

I thought we might have 2024.x.x. offered by the time we got home but we didn't. Nor by 9:30 when I headed to bed (it had been a long day.)

This morning I checked the app and there was a notification. I excitedly opened the release notes but it is for 2023.44.30.30 (and says it has V11.4.9 but I think that's a mistake others have noted here on TMC). I wondered if the app was indicating the withdrawn offer from last evening, but no. I was reoffered it again after I went to bed so I'm still awaiting an offer of V12.3.3. We'll see if this offer is withdrawn and V12.3.3 is offered before my service appointment on Thursday.

My replacement experiment for the "LTE forced update of the recalls" is that the SC will update the car for me. When we first got the car, that was something the manual said would happen but since then that has been removed from the manual. I still expected it since 2 recalls are part of the update pending. After all, easy recalls are done by ICE dealerships when you bring cars in for service so they can get the VIN off the pending list.

If the SC doesn't, we'll download it using their wifi before leaving. We are now to the point where we are curious to try out some version of V12 but more importantly, there are UI updates since last November that would be nice to have. The only downside I can see to moving to V12 is the loss of what I would call pure TACC. It was bad enough before, occasionally driving slower than the limit if it didn't feel safe going faster (whether or not lane keep was activated) but, if the reports here are to be believed, plain AP seems to be infected with the V12 speed functionality and even on manual it is not driving the speed limit, I'm a bit worried I'll be completely losing useful cruise control functionality. I'm hoping the reports I see are just US drivers used to driving 25% or more over the speed limit in order to not be road-rage attacked by other more impatient drivers and it will be fine in Canada where the vast majority of people drive within 10% of the speed limit and don't deliberately run cars going the limit off the road.

Last edited:
Flutter of excitement on the update front here at "Casa Canada Avoiding Extraneous Updates."

Went to visit son whose wifi is setup in our car. It is only available from one part of his driveway. They were both home, both cars in the driveway. Since we were pushing my comfort level for 'next day range' (we had enough to get home but not enough to do anything much today since we only have L1 charging at home) so the plan was to drop me, drive to the national museum with a free tesla destination charger and then my husband would make the 20 minute walk back. Did that.

Fast forward 4 hours.

I suddenly think "OMG did the car get on our son's wifi and download the update (2023.44.30.14)?" Open up the app, no download notice. Voice my thought aloud. Husband says, "car can't connect to the house from the road". Son says, "car isn't here, it is at museum". Husband checks app and agrees the update notice is missing.

We walk back to the fully charged car (those destination chargers are really fast!) and there is no indication in the car of an available download. But also no install dialog box.

Then I wondered if the car updated and installed via LTE (which was my first experiment started back in Dec. and why we still have 2023.27.7) Or is there free wifi at the museum that the car jumped on without feedback from us? No and no, the car still has 23.27.7 and there was no wifi available to the car.

I pull up Teslafi and see that our offer of 2023.44.30.14 was pulled at 6:15. At 6.30 we were offered 2023.44.30.30 (V12.3.1) but at 7:15 that off was pulled.

I thought we might have 2024.x.x. offered by the time we got home but we didn't. Nor by 9:30 when I headed to bed (it had been a long day.)

This morning I checked the app and there was a notification. I excitedly opened the release notes but it is for 2023.44.30.30 (and says it has V11.4.9 but I think that's a mistake others have noted here on TMC). I wondered if the app was indicating the withdrawn offer from last evening, but no. I was reoffered it again after I went to bed so I'm still awaiting an offer of V12.3.3. We'll see if this offer is withdrawn and V12.3.3 is offered before my service appointment on Thursday.

My replacement experiment for the LTE forced update of the recalls is that the SC will update the car for me. When we first got the car, that was something the manual said would happen but since then that has been removed from the manual. I still expected it since 2 recalls are part of the update pending. After all, easy recalls are done by ICE dealerships when you bring cars in for service so they can get the VIN off the pending list.

If the SC doesn't, we'll download it using their wifi before leaving. We are now to the point where we are curious to try out some version of V12 but more importantly, there are UI updates since last November that would be nice to have. The only downside I can see to moving to V12 is the loss of what I would call pure TACC. It was bad enough before, occasionally driving slower than the limit if it didn't feel safe going faster (whether or not lane keep was activated) but, if the reports here are to be believed, plain AP seems to be infected with the V12 speed functionality and even on manual it is not driving the speed limit, I'm a bit worried I'll be completely losing useful cruise control functionality. I'm hoping the reports I see are just US drivers used to driving 25% or more over the speed limit in order to not be road-rage attacked by other more impatient drivers and it will be fine in Canada where the vast majority of people drive within 10% of the speed limit and don't deliberately run cars going the limit off the road.
I'm not reading all that.

I'm happy for you though.

Or sorry that happened.

No.

You are conflating FSD with fully autonomous driving and also with robo-taxi.

FSD is only just the name of the product. Nowhere in Tesla's literature or filings do they say FSD means fully autonomous driving.

On the other hand, FSD does control speed and steering, just as "fully driving" as a teenage student driver who also requires constant supervision. So your concern that it is not fully autonomous is somewhere past nit-picking, more like picking a counter-factual straw man just for the sake of arguing.

The confusion between these two terms is a hobby horse of Tesla critics. Please see my earlier comment on Garpenuts. (Coincidentally that cereal is made by Post, which is an interesting double entrendre given the context these social media posts.)
Oh mate, it's tough to argue when the other side's goalposts are constantly shifting. So this thread is basically just about an autopilot? If you admit that all those L4 and L5 claims are no longer in the picture then it means that all those who doubted that vision only L4 and L5 will not be achieved, were correct. That was the discussion, not whether you can have a vision only autopilot that can keep the car between the lanes and not break abruptly every now and then. Just to refresh your memory: Criticism of Tesla, Inc. - Wikipedia

Last edited:
If the beta program is ending with supervised, I wonder if Tesla with give the beta testers a nice thank you gift. Maybe a free transfer of our FSD license to a new vehicle at a time of our choosing? Maybe a discount on products or services? Do a hear a McDonald's gift card?
If they keep their FSD policy the way it is, then I will probably end up outwaiting Tesla and wait for a free FSD transfer once I hit 200,000km.

Based on the frequency of this offer, I think I can pull this off... 😁

If the beta program is ending with supervised, I wonder if Tesla with give the beta testers a nice thank you gift. Maybe a free transfer of our FSD license to a new vehicle at a time of our choosing? Maybe a discount on products or services? Do a hear a McDonald's gift card?
Or a couple of packs of underwear and new rims. 😂

V12 much better than before but not without some issues.

It now drives on the proper (right) side in my 2-lane community versus driving in the middle of the road until it saw another vehicle. However, It still doesn't recognize community gates & still takes much too long to make turns. It also ran through a stop sign (albeit sign was older) even though the program recognized that was one there and continues to driver slower than speed limit or desired speed. Also, when making tight turns it gets uncomfortably close to the medium versus what a typical human driver would do.

I always considered a stop sign to be an indicator that a safe stop is required at the intersection, i.e. at a marked stop line or crosswalk if one exists or at the road edge where line would be expected to be placed, if there is no painted line. But I don't believe that the placement of the stop sign itself is necessarily an indicator of the exact position of a virtual stop line.
From the Oregon driver's manual:

1711977753407.png

The relevant pedestrian section:

1711977838879.png

1711977976909.png

So if there is no line it seems you are supposed to stop at least 6 feet from the road edge. (Likely more, since the crosswalk doesn't normally start right at the road edge.) Of course, just like coming to a full stop at every stop sign, in general nobody stops that far back.

Many intersections have the sign placed quite a bit farther back, because of curvature of the shoulder or curb area, or just where the road crew decided to plant it.
I don't think the road crews decide where to put them, they are normally given specific locations. But as you said, if there isn't a line, the stop sign doesn't indicate where to stop.

Last edited: