Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
12.3.2.1 is bad. It failed many turns yesterday. It turned to a bus parking spot when making right turn. This is the place the previous 2 versions of V12 did not have problems. It did not move when stop light turned from red to green. It failed to make left turn at an intersection having pedestrians and cars coming from different directions. It said it was going to make U turn but it's only made left turn.

It did 2 good things though: it avoided a red cone and a piece of clothes on freeway.

Still waiting for 12.3.3.

Ran my normal test route at night last night, and 12.3.3 fixed a bunch of hiccups from 12.3.2.1, but nighttime driving brought a new challenge for vision only, it almost ran into a median, twice, I didn’t see any visualization for it either. Edit:upon closer inspection, it looks like it popped into visualization as it was passing it. It kind of blends into the road I suppose, but things like that are what vision only is going to have to figure out how to get right, it wasn’t just going to graze it, it was heading straight at it:
(occurs at 8:10)

Last edited:
ok - first drive on 12.3.3 (24.3.10)
  • Speed control is better. not perfect but at least improved. It seems to slowly creep up for the last 5 MPH but does eventually get there and takes less work with the accelerator
  • Made a new mistake and veered into the right turn lane at a stoplight. There was no one around so I let it go and it veered back into the proper lane when going through the intersection.
  • Hit a rabbit so FSD 12.3.3 has not been trained on rabbits. The car didn't slow at all but the rabbit also jumped out at the last second so I doubt it would have time to do anything.
  • Chose the correct turn lane at an intersection with two left turn lanes; Not sure if this was a fluke or actual better planning
  • failed to slow down when the speed limit dropped from 50 to 35. This is a regression to a past FSD behavior that they had fixed.
In total, some improvements, some regressions. And it kills rabbits.

1711978215822.png

• Speed control is better. not perfect but at least improved. It seems to slowly creep up for the last 5 MPH but does eventually get there and takes less work with the accelerator
  • Made a new mistake and veered into the right turn lane at a stoplight. There was no one around so I let it go and it veered back into the proper lane when going through the intersection.
  • Hit a rabbit so FSD 12.3.3 has not been trained on rabbits. The car didn't slow at all but the rabbit also jumped out at the last second so I doubt it would have time to do anything.
  • Chose the correct turn lane at an intersection with two left turn lanes; Not sure if this was a fluke or actual better planning
  • failed to slow down when the speed limit dropped from 50 to 35. This is a regression to a past FSD behavior that they had fixed.

View attachment 1034196
Great post. Laugh emoji was for the rabbits.

I was overlooked on this update, so the rabbits are safe in central Florida.

View attachment 1034196

Tesla FSD KILLS rabbits. - D.O.D.

View attachment 1034196
one other note - still has the behavior where it does the full (NHTSA) stop at stop signs then slowly creeps forward, even if it has a completely clear view and doesn't need to creep.

So I didn’t get the update and nothing has changed on the car. But this mornings drive on 12.3 FSD was almost unusable. I felt like I was in @AlanSubie4Life ‘S car. She was riding the left line of the lane, took a left turn so sharp it would have hit traffic cones had I not turned the yoke, and acceleration was completely borked.

I’ve used 12.3 exclusively for the last two weeks with over 1300 miles on it and not had one of these problems. It may just be me, but I certainly hope I didn’t ruin any wet dreams.

So I didn’t get the update and nothing has changed on the car. But this mornings drive on 12.3 FSD was almost unusable. I felt like I was in @AlanSubie4Life ‘S car. She was riding the left line of the lane, took a left turn so sharp it would have hit traffic cones had I not turned the yoke, and acceleration was completely borked.

I’ve used 12.3 exclusively for the last two weeks with over 1300 miles on it and not had one of these problems. It may just be me, but I certainly hope I didn’t ruin any wet dreams.
Follow my method to get update now.

Is it just me or has this guy never posted an edge case?
It seems like this type of obscured turn will always be difficult for HW3/4. They need a camera in the upper driver side corner of the windshield.
Incorrect. Many vehicles being sold have the driver sitting the same distance from the front of the car as the B Pillar.

Unless, you have math, you have no claim.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life