Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bet the problem is going back to Elon's BIG IDEA to offer the FSD trail right away when v12 was not integrated into 24.x.x yet. Likely they are working/testing as fast as they can but small bugs in some of the different hardware configurations keep showing up. This is what happens when you rush software.
I’m sure the goal was to get it out before EOQ, as with the rest of their silly shenanigans

And you have control over the max value.
You can also control the max value in ASSO mode. It just starts 50% above the detected speed limit, so it takes a long time to scroll down to a speed where it will actually have an impact. You can't see the speed of course so you have to keep track in your head.

And remember there is sometimes a couple-second delay before the car respects your cap on the max speed.

So if you scroll down enough in ASSO mode it will slow down the car. You can get it to go 10mph in a 40mph if you are persistent enough.

It's probably true that when the car detects a new limit the cap goes back to 50% over, so you presumably have to start scrolling again (haven't really tried to determine this).

(Review: It respects the minimum of the desired speed it has determined, and your chosen cap speed - so the cap speed doesn't do anything if it's above the car's current target.)

(I have not confirmed the above in v12.3.3, this is as of v12.3. I assume it's the same.)

Last edited:
Can someone explain why the newer updates (I'm on 2024.8.7 but only v11.1) don't get the latest FSD updates? I don't understand how this works.
V11.1 is the infotainment version. Go to your car's Controls page, then tap the Software tab. You'll see the various versions listed there, including FSD. A post just below yours shows what that version display looks like.

Both 12.3.2.1 and 12.3.3 sometimes have wrong posted speed limit. Car from 45 mph turned into 65 mph freeway lane (the rightmost lane - that lane is long and for exiting). After getting in that freeway lane, speed limit was still 45 on screen. I had to dial the scroll thumb wheel for the car to speed to avoid complaints from the behind cars. But then when the car already exited that lane and was close to the street the speed limit jumped to 65 mph.
I think there was some miscommunication in FSD software modules.

12.3.2.1 is bad. It failed many turns yesterday. It turned to a bus parking spot when making right turn. This is the place the previous 2 versions of V12 did not have problems. It did not move when stop light turned from red to green. It failed to make left turn at an intersection having pedestrians and cars coming from different directions. It said it was going to make U turn but it's only made left turn.

It did 2 good things though: it avoided a red cone and a piece of clothes on freeway.

Still waiting for 12.3.3.
Did you pick up @Ramphex 's thong when ego avoided it? He can't live without his leopard skin banana hammock.

Not talking about the b pillar. I'm talking about the driver's ability to look straight ahead very close to the edge of the vehicle (as one would do when making an unprotected left with an opposing vehicle also waiting to make an unprotected left.) This view I also very useful when passing on a two lane road with a big rig in front of you.
The B pillar is where the camera resides. If you measure the distance from the front of a Tesla to the camera, you will see it is the SAME distance from the front of the vehicle to the driver’s eye on many other vehicles. And they manage just fine.

Or do you have data showing otherwise to back up your claim?

By the way, it seems clear now that the stop sign behavior is forced (by law) to stop in a way humans do not. In the same way as we do not obey speed limits.
So I propose (and predict we'll see) a menu entry under Autopilot, down there with the speed limit offsets, to 'Perform Only Visibility Stop at Stop Sign'. So we don't have to stop at the sign itself, but the first place you can actually see so as not to do the stop-and creep thing.
Given Tesla already had two recalls on the stop behavior until arriving at a solution NHTSA accepts, I doubt they want to change the formula again, even if it is annoying to the driver.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Dear Mr Julien,

We at Tesla would like to wish you a happy Easter. Please check Software Update to see the latest basket of specially included Easter Eggs 🥚 just for you.

Huggs and kisses,
Tesla Team
View attachment 1034241

April Fools, you fell for it you obtuse sucker.

Love,
Elon

PS: Congratulations, we are making you the first person to ever receive a downgrade. We are going to force install 21.10.24 with our world famous FSD Beta 10.3. That should bring back some memories or nightmares.
You are starting to sound like me, Knock it off, or you go to #2 !

This is pretty high praise coming from Oliver who used to work at Cruise, a competitor of Tesla FSD.

Super impressed by the latest @Tesla FSD. It drives eerily naturally, and handled very weird scenarios with no hesitation. I've ridden for hundreds of hours in driverless cars, and although it's not perfect and I'm a tiny sample, this is exciting! And no, not an April Fools.

Both 12.3.2.1 and 12.3.3 sometimes have wrong posted speed limit. Car from 45 mph turned into 65 mph freeway lane (the rightmost lane - that lane is long and for exiting). After getting in that freeway lane, speed limit was still 45 on screen. I had to dial the scroll thumb wheel for the car to speed to avoid complaints from the behind cars. But then when the car already exited that lane and was close to the street the speed limit jumped to 65 mph.
I think there was some miscommunication in FSD software modules.
My experience as well - there are certain roads where it will always have the wrong speed limit (like 25 on a 40mph road), until it reads a speed sign, other roads it seems to depend on how you entered the road (e.g. driving straight, or taking a left or right turn on it, experience mainly with Mira Mesa Blvd).

For instance, driving north on Black Mountain road it is always 25 mph after crossing 56 - 32°57'17.9"N 117°07'47.4"W

Reactions: rlsd
V11.1 is the infotainment version. Go to your car's Controls page, then tap the Software tab. You'll see the various versions listed there, including FSD. A post just below yours shows what that version display looks like.
Correct, 8.7 doesn’t have any FSDSj baked into it and they won’t roll him back.