Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So ~40 min drive with about 10 on Expressway which is not included into here due to version shenanigans between highway and local stacks.

• Did not slow down or stop for a closed gate until last second
  • Stopping and creeping up to the line at stop signs, then creeping forward to actually see the intersection. We’ll call this double creeping.
This is a good way to describe this frequent activity.. stop signs and stop lights I find.. it really throws off a following vehicle, and often other vehicles at a 3/4 way stop intersection, so they see the first stop, often 5-10 FEET before the while line or sign, then the creep - so they go which wouldn’t be normal RoW, then most likely the final creep close to the white line or stop sign FINAL stop, which now sets/resets all the RoW again. This could be a 5-10 second overall process - when often at say a four way stop sign intersection the RoW is being set by a second or two at most. We all know those type of drivers. I’ve had several honks in the past couple weeks and not just during rush hour when often I’m worried about someone coming out of a following vehicle with a tire iron!

Last edited:
Is this a fact?
Yes, all recent versions contain FSDb or FSDS, even factory versions. It just takes TeslaFi a long time to get around to updating their database to show which version. (Or sometimes they don't ever.)

Current exceptions are for the 2024 Model 3 and the Cybertruck, for which no EAP or FSD/FSDb/FSDS are currently available.

Unfortunately FSD is useless now for the final part of my commute to work
That's the path planner. I have that exact same situation with one of my drives. It's always been that way for me. I just turn off FSD, get into the local lanes, then turn it back on again. from that point, it's committed to doing it The Right Way. It's not a big deal.

I have a 2022 MYLR
Thanks. That certainly doesn't suggest any reason for Tesla to shut you out of FSD access. The only thing I can think of is that you've got ultrasound sensors, and don't own FSD. Maybe they only give FSD to folks with ultrasound sensors who own the software.

Yes, all recent versions contain FSDb or FSDS, even factory versions. It just takes TeslaFi a long time to get around to updating their database to show which version. (Or sometimes they don't ever.)
@HellsKitchen just posted a screenshot of 2024.8.7. No FSD at all.

Reactions: Ramphex
@HellsKitchen just posted a screenshot of 2024.8.7. No FSD at all.
I believe that is how it looks if you don't have FSD capability on your vehicle. (Haven't paid for it, subscribe to it, or are currently in a trial.)

It seems like Tesla isn't pushing the trials to people on 2024.8.x because they only want people to try FSDS 12.3.x, not the old FSDb 11.4.9.

It's a 2022 MYLR. I didn't order FSD, but I subscribe for months in which I take road trips.
I bet if @HellsKitchen subscribed again, it would instantly show FSDb 11.4.9 was on his Model S.

So on my first drive of 12.3.3, about ten minutes in I got the 'RED HANDS TAKE OVER IMMEDIATELY' pop up and the FSD computer crashed (the visualization switched back to basic autopilot viz. I of course took over and in about a minute it restarted and the FSD visualization came back, I re-engaged FSD and it went on driving happily. No issues since then and I've had multiple trips.

One thing of note, for me, 12.3.3 feels much slower on ASSO than 12.3.2.1 did. I find myself having to mash the go pedal a lot whereas it was quite rare in 12.3.2.1.

My first experience with 12.3.3 (2024.3.10) was somewhat of an unmitigated disaster.

Here were the results:

1) Car was able to navigate through narrow construction, but then I had to disengage to avoid hitting a pole.
2) Car took too long to get into the right lane when entering the highway, causing the car behind us to change lanes and cut us off (they had been waiting to see if we were going to take the entrance). Car ended up crossing over a solid white line. There were a bunch more incidents like this about crossing white lines inappropriately, but none were as annoying as this one.
3) Once on the highway, it did not move off of the 4th lane (which became an exit lane) and I had to disengage.
4) Before our exit, the car signalled left and started to move to the left, when the exit was in literally a couple hundred feet. I disengaged and signalled right. Of course this happened in front of a cop, but he was looking for speeders.
5) Car failed to yield when entering a roundabout, and I had to disengage to avoid ramming another car.
6) Car nearly smashed the front end into the car in front of us during parallel auto park while reversing. I hit the brakes and disengaged.

Speed:

* Auto-speed goes TOO FAST in residential neighbourhoods. Goes way over 40 km/h (25mph) on a street posted at 30 (20mph) and kids around, making me look like an a-hole.
* At the same time, highway is posted at 70 km/h (45mph), traffic goes around 100 (60mph) , but the car thinks the limit is 40 (25mph) in places and refuses to let me override. At least it's easier to make the car go faster rather than slower.
* Car had problems maintaining the right speed on city streets. Instead of smoothly accelerating and staying at say 40-45 km/h, it wavers between 35 and 48.

Acceleration & braking:

* Car accelerates WAY TOO HARD taking off from a stop sign or a green light. Also accelerates much too fast around curves. This is a problem I noticed with the 11.x FSDs as well.
* At the same time, it slows down too slowly and not smooth. It brakes hard and then relaxes the brakes too much. Takes much too long to get to the stop sign or red light.
* NHSTA stops make me motion sick. I have to override them. Rolling at 5 km/h is safe enough and is already slower than 90% of traffic, but even if you have to do a full stop, the car does them too abruptly, and then waits too long to take its ROW, making others uncomfortable. It's a problem when you live in a place where stop signs are massively overused.

Obstacles and lane keeping:

* Car did not avoid a box, causing a disengagement.
* Car wavered out of its lane on local streets a few times, due to faded lane markings, but also freaking out nearby drivers.
* No curbing incidents, but car drifted close to the curb on the right side a few times.

Nags:

* None to speak of, the drive was good for this, except it did nag me once to touch the steering wheel while I was looking down the road to make sure the car wouldn't pull out in front of traffic! I also got a red wheel of death that went away after 1 second.

FSD needs to allow the driver to position the car with the steering wheel and move around obstacles without instantly disengaging.

My wife and kids were in the car and it was an instant spouse fail. The weirdest thing of all, is that there was some sort of delayed reaction when opening the trunk with the phone, and after closing the trunk, it apparently re-opened after we had walked away, and the car had just been sitting there with the trunk open for a long time. I never got an alert or anything but noticed it later. Not FSD related, but was kind of strange.

Final verdict: I'm going to stick to auto steer and TACC, or maybe FSD on the highway when far away from the city. I think we are a looooong ways away from being able to use this inside the city, and even then, I wouldn't want to do it. I can drive myself around a lot faster (but also slower and safer than FSD where appropriate!) and without worrying about what the car is going to do. The biggest benefit of a driver's aid is to make long drives less tiring, and for that, the highway assists are what I really need. These are what need to be reliable and safe, 100%. If FSD gets reliable enough one day, I think it would be cool to serve as a second vehicle replacement down the road, but we're a long ways away from that right now.

So on my first drive of 12.3.3, about ten minutes in I got the 'RED HANDS TAKE OVER IMMEDIATELY' pop up and the FSD computer crashed (the visualization switched back to basic autopilot viz. I of course took over and in about a minute it restarted and the FSD visualization came back, I re-engaged FSD and it went on driving happily. No issues since then and I've had multiple trips.

One thing of note, for me, 12.3.3 feels much slower on ASSO than 12.3.2.1 did. I find myself having to mash the go pedal a lot whereas it was quite rare in 12.3.2.1.
I had 3 nags after 50 miles, Kimball Mode is gone. Son of a ....
Oh well, better than the old nag system. They all happened when I was turning to put something in the back seat, coffee cup, gun, Empty Crown Royal Bottle.
So I will try driving without turning completed back to the rear seats and see what happens. Anyone tried blocking the camera after engaged?
I don't condone it, just curious.
You can be anonymous.... ok maybe you cant!

My first experience with 12.3.3 (2024.3.10) was somewhat of an unmitigated disaster.

Here were the results:

1) Car was able to navigate through narrow construction, but then I had to disengage to avoid hitting a pole.
2) Car took too long to get into the right lane when entering the highway, causing the car behind us to change lanes and cut us off. Car ended up crossing over a solid white line. There were a bunch more incidents like this about crossing white lines inappropriately, but none were as annoying as this one.
3) Once on the highway, it did not move off of the 4th lane (which became an exit lane) and I had to disengage.
4) Before our exit, the car signalled left and started to move to the left, when the exit was in literally a couple hundred feet. I disengaged and signalled right. Of course this happened in front of a cop, but he was looking for speeders.
5) Car failed to yield when entering a roundabout, and I had to disengage to avoid ramming another car.
6) Car nearly smashed the front end into the car in front of us during parallel auto park while reversing. I hit the brakes and disengaged.

Speed:

* Auto-speed goes TOO FAST in residential neighbourhoods. Goes way over 40 km/h (25mph) on a street posted at 30 (20mph) and kids around, making me look like an a-hole.
* At the same time, highway is posted at 70 km/h (45mph), traffic goes around 100 (60mph) , but the car thinks the limit is 40 (25mph) in places and refuses to let me override. At least it's easier to make the car go faster rather than slower.
* Car had problems maintaining the right speed on city streets. Instead of smoothly accelerating and staying at say 40-45 km/h, it wavers between 35 and 48.

Acceleration & braking:

* Car accelerates WAY TOO HARD taking off from a stop sign or a green light. Also accelerates much too fast around curves. This is a problem I noticed with the 11.x FSDs as well.
* At the same time, it slows down too slowly and not smooth. It brakes hard and then relaxes the brakes too much. Takes much too long to get to the stop sign or red light.
* NHSTA stops make me motion sick. I have to override them. Rolling at 5 km/h is safe enough and is already slower than 90% of traffic, but even if you have to do a full stop, the car does them too abruptly, and then waits too long to take its ROW, making others uncomfortable. It's a problem when you live in a place where stop signs are massively overused.

* Car wavered out of its lane on local streets a few times, due to faded lane markings, but also freaking out nearby drivers.
* No curbing incidents, but car drifted close to the curb on the right side a few times.

Nags:

* None to speak of, the drive was good for this, except it did nag me once to touch the steering wheel while I was looking down the road to make sure the car wouldn't pull out in front of traffic! I also got a red wheel of death that went away after 1 second.

FSD needs to allow the driver to position the car with the steering wheel and move around obstacles without instantly disengaging.

My wife and kids were in the car and it was an instant spouse fail. The weirdest thing of all, is that there was some sort of delayed reaction when opening the trunk with the phone, and after closing the trunk, it apparently re-opened after we had walked away, and the car had just been sitting there with the trunk open for a long time. I never got an alert or anything but noticed it later. Not FSD related, but was kind of strange.

Final verdict: I'm going to stick to auto steer and TACC, or maybe FSD on the highway when far away from the city. I think we are a looooong ways away from being able to use this inside the city, and even then, I wouldn't want to do it. I can drive myself around a lot faster (but also slower and safer than FSD where appropriate!) and without worrying about what the car is going to do. The biggest benefit of a driver's aid is to make long drives less tiring, and for that, the highway assists are what I really need. These are what need to be reliable and safe, 100%. If FSD gets reliable enough one day, I think it would be cool to serve as a second vehicle replacement down the road, but we're a long ways away from that right now.
Feeling confident that this will end up on the news sometime this month in a bad way either from someone on social media or one of the big news giants.

“I’m |blank| with |blank| see this Tesla jumping a curb? How about this Tesla acting crazy? What do they all have in common? Blah blah blah FSD blah blah blah Elon Blah blah blah”

The stock price might jump up though.

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: Pdubs and primedive

Here were the results:

2) Car took too long to get into the right lane when entering the highway, causing the car behind us to change lanes and cut us off (they had been waiting to see if we were going to take the entrance). Car ended up crossing over a solid white line. There were a bunch more incidents like this about crossing white lines inappropriately, but none were as annoying as this one.

Speed:

Acceleration & braking:

Nags:

Sounds like you have "Christine" or Alan's car. Maybe a soft reboot, camera clean, camera recalibration might help?

I had 3 nags after 50 miles, Kimball Mode is gone. Son of a ....
Oh well, better than the old nag system. They all happened when I was turning to put something in the back seat, coffee cup, gun, Empty Crown Royal Bottle.
So I will try driving without turning completed back to the rear seats and see what happens. Anyone tried blocking the camera after engaged?
I don't condone it, just curious.
You can be anonymous.... ok maybe you cant!
Throws system errors and disengages with audible noises, cool party trick if you want to get passengers worked up

My drive was perfect except for the F' ing nags I swore I wouldn't update so I wouldn't ever have to touch the damn yoke again
Turned it off on the highway one time for some ass in a Demon.... yeah, roll race at 70... He disappeared when he said go.
I thought he hit the Emergency brake. Turns out, it's just a POS. He did at least give me a thumbs up when I slowed down and let him catch up
12 miles down the road.