Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me v12.3.3 is definitely better. Not even a question.
Particularly decisions on UPL turns. Speed went from being too slow in v12.3.2.1 to a little too fast in v12.3.3 on city/streets. Highways are fine.
I don't have a lot of challenging lane changes unless I drive closer to Boston which I haven't done for a week. My biggest complaint has nothing to do with speed but with how timid FSD is at Stop signs. Sometimes just takes forever forcing me to accelerate.
Recently my drives have been in suburbia with minimal complications and drives are zero disengagements. The drives have actually gotten boring so recently I've started driving for awhile before engaging FSD which forces FSD to take a different route to get to the destination. I feel like Omar :)
The few other owners I've talked to who have taken Tesla up on the free trial offer all were surprised how well FSD did especially after they have listened to me complain for 2 1/2 years.
Wow, so different an experience from mine, so nearby. I'm actually rather afraid to engage it right now, need to be back in a proper frame of mind. Maybe it's just the intersection down the street that's giving it kanipshens but if I were talking about software I'd say it had code smell. What's the equivalent for an NN? Think smell?

Reactions: powertoold
You mean the cap? It’s not a floor, it’s a ceiling. The limit next to the speed limit. It shows before engaging.

On the freeway, should change driving assertiveness modes. ASSO on. Check cap.

Never looked.
Okay, confirmed it's ASSO
55 - Chill - 58
55 - Average - 60
55 - Assertive - 63
65 - Chill - 68
65 - Average - 72
65 - Assertive - 75

I agree with you about floor and ceiling when the ADAS system is engaged. In context I was talking about when not engaged. In that case 68 (65 zone in chill) is the floor, as no matter what speed you drive below 68 it never drops. And 85 is the ceiling as no matter how much faster you drive, it won't go above that number. When engaged, the floor is 0 and the ceiling is your set speed.

Okay, confirmed it's ASSO
55 - Chill - 58
55 - Average - 60
55 - Assertive - 63
65 - Chill - 68
65 - Average - 72
65 - Assertive - 75

I agree with you about floor and ceiling when the ADAS system is engaged. In context I was talking about when not engaged. In that case 68 (65 zone in chill) is the floor, as no matter what speed you drive below 68 it never drops. And 85 is the ceiling as no matter how much faster you drive, it won't go above that number. When engaged, the floor is 0 and the ceiling is your set speed.
Ok so that is informative folks.

ASSO, v11 in effect (freeway or limited access) cap value visible:

All relative to detected limit:

Chill: +5%
Average: +10%
Assertive: +15%

Actually kind of convenient, assuming it gets to speed (because it is v11 it does as long as detected speed is correct - something v12 does not do). We do NOT want v12 on the highways, folks - it would be a huge disaster with respect to speed targets (people are extremely picky about that). Have to fix that problem first.

In manual mode in general it should just respect your own chosen offset, with v11 active, when using FSDS v12.

In both cases, the target or proposed target is visible since v11 is in operation.

V12 offset with ASSO mode is +50% (invisible).

In all cases this limit is honored as a cap on speed.

Thanks @Dewg and @arnolddeleon & @Mardak for quickly elucidating the target speed framework.

Last edited:
FSD doesn’t seem to have the ability to notice brake lights ahead of the car in front. Today, the car in front of the car in front of me started braking, and normally I would start braking too, but I wanted to see if FSD would react. It didn’t. It only started braking sometime after the car in front of me started to react, so we had to brake more abruptly. Wouldn’t have been great had someone been tailgating us.

Curious if the FSD 12 approach will be able to handle this.

• Informative
Reactions: X Fan
2018 Model 3, dual motor, LR, HW3, 181K miles, 2024.3.10

Anybody experience significant battery drain while parked with 3.10? I pulled into garage with 23 miles remaining, couple hrs later I had 4. Nothing was running. I've never experience this before. The temp in car was same as outside temp 58 degrees, so heat wasn't on. Sentry is set for off at home, plus it doesn't work below 20%. So what was drawing power?

On a side note, I used FSD Supervise all day. Wow it did some really remarkable things. I turned Auto Set Speed Offset on, car does much better than on manual with max and scroll wheel. Did have to occasionally nudge it with accelerator, but it worked. There was a truck stopped ahead with flashers on, 2 lane back country road double yellow line separating lanes. I was curious what it would do, it slowed and I watched an oncoming car, please don't pull out, it continued slow, once car passed it put the blinker on and went across double yellow and continued on it's merry way, just like I would. On return route a car was halfway in my lane oriented at me with headlights on. Person was getting mail out of their mailbox on my side of road and just pulled up to their mailbox. this will be interesting, it went right around it like anybody would have. Last one a delivery van was in front of me at traffic light, light turned green, we both proceed to make the right. Only the van was making a delivery and just cleared the turn and stopped, I though for sure the car would stay there, thinking the van had stopped do to traffic, nope, it went right around it. How did it know?

Right turns need to be fixed, went off the road catching the dirt on side twice and two times it road on the other side of the solid white line on shoulder. That needs fixing. It now also puts blinker on and turns into my driveway. I had read that in an earlier post here and thought yeah, right, until this morning when it actually did it. Bottom line it is getting really good. I hope they bring back the feature I experienced a year or more ago on one of the releases. When on a highway and approaching an on ramp off in the distance with a car on it, the car would put the blinker on and move to adjacent lane before t even reached there. It did it twice in a row, and then on the last one there was no car on the ramp and it didnt move over. Maybe it was just a fluke, but it was wild to experience, I didn't think they could see that far away. Now it just plows forward until the cars are trying to merge in before it attempts to change lanes. A little late now your in the middle of it. More work on braking, still a little hard on slow downs.

• Informative
Reactions: X Fan
Wow, so different an experience from mine, so nearby. I'm actually rather afraid to engage it right now, need to be back in a proper frame of mind. Maybe it's just the intersection down the street that's giving it kanipshens but if I were talking about software I'd say it had code smell. What's the equivalent for an NN? Think smell?
Interesting I just came back from 2 drives and the behavior compared to this morning's two drives was noticeable. The decisions were fine but the excessive speed in several places almost caused me to disengage. Tesla definitely tweaked something and the change was not a good one.

Reactions: lzolman
Just got 12.3.3 pushed to both my Teslas.

My 2022 Model x refresh with uss and my 2021 Model y with uss and radar(now no longer used). Both were on 12.3.0 previously. Sadly, no actually working autopark in the changenotes for either. Very bummed. I won't have a reason to drive until Thursday at the earliest to verify, but I'm assuming it's not there for USS cars yet. I'm not really sure why not. Maybe the increased FOV of hw4 cars is needed for autoparking?

Oh, and like others noted. 'Beta' is now 'supervised.' So I'm hence forth calling FSD Fully Supervised Driving to the people that ask. I suggest we all do as well. If Tesla won't correct the awfully misleading name then it's up to us to do so!

PS, does this count as going wide now that it's no longer called beta? Is everyone getting it? No more Beta branching? Are we all normies now? Were we all normies all along?

Is that a thing? not the wide open sphincter, the VIN? Can't people just walk by your car and take a pic of it? Did I do a bad thing putting it out there?

Help me
I really ant to help, but may be too late.

Your VIN has surely already been sold on the dark web 100 times. If I were you I would burn your key cards, uninstall your app and double lock your garage for a month. Put on a disguise and bicycle down to the Tesla Service Center to get new keys.

Eventually you can take it out very slowly, but turn off your connectivity and your GPS, and report any suspicious activity like that cleverly innocent looking Grandma next door who's watering her flowers. The watering can is actually a microphone so she can set the trackers on you. Reset your PIN to Drive every 15 minutes.

What can we on TMC do? Maybe ask @Ramphex too beg for mercy from his contacts in the Russian mafia. I hear @FSDtester#1 is doing a monthly autopay transfer to a powerful Nigerian prince, and his car seems to be okay so far - he can probably hook you up.

You've told us about your history with pharmaceuticals; all I can tell you is that this time the paranoia is real.

One other thing - after this there's no way Elon is going to allow you to get any updates for a good while. If you do get one, don't install it because it's really from Dan O'Dowd who would like nothing better than to accelerate your car into a bridge pylon and publish the photo in the New York Times.

FSD doesn’t seem to have the ability to notice brake lights ahead of the car in front. Today, the car in front of the car in front of me started braking, and normally I would start braking too, but I wanted to see if FSD would react. It didn’t. It only started braking sometime after the car in front of me started to react, so we had to brake more abruptly. Wouldn’t have been great had someone been tailgating us.

Curious if the FSD 12 approach will be able to handle this.
I was looking at the simulation today and noticed the car ahead brake lights appeared properly and my car braked in kind when appropriate, didn’t see a problem.

Just got 12.3.3 pushed to both my Teslas.

My 2022 Model x refresh with uss and my 2021 Model y with uss and radar(now no longer used). Both were on 12.3.0 previously. Sadly, no actually working autopark in the changenotes for either. Very bummed. I won't have a reason to drive until Thursday at the earliest to verify, but I'm assuming it's not there for USS cars yet. I'm not really sure why not. Maybe the increased FOV of hw4 cars is needed for autoparking?

Oh, and like others noted. 'Beta' is now 'supervised.' So I'm hence forth calling FSD Fully Supervised Driving to the people that ask. I suggest we all do as well. If Tesla won't correct the awfully misleading name then it's up to us to do so!

PS, does this count as going wide now that it's no longer called beta? Is everyone getting it? No more Beta branching? Are we all normies now? Were we all normies all along?
Auto park is enabled for my car with USS on 12.3.3. It’s just ok though… it likes to wear down the tires by turning while stopped and nearly clipped the car in front the first time I tried it. It needs to park like the French, then that would be a game changer…

Reactions: rlsd
I was looking at the simulation today and noticed the car ahead brake lights appeared properly and my car braked in kind when appropriate, didn’t see a problem.
I haven’t noticed it, but personally I don’t necessarily brake automatically when I see the brake lights come on on the car in front of me. Rather it prompts me to expect them to slow down and keep an eye on the distance between cars. I suspect FSD does something similar. It monitors the distance between you and the car in front of it and how fast it’s changing the uses that to gauge braking.

Auto park is enabled for my car with USS on 12.3.3. It’s just ok though… it likes to wear down the tires by turning while stopped and nearly clipped the car in front the first time I tried it. It needs to park like the French, then that would be a game changer…
Oh right, you mean the old autopark system? Yeah, that's so broken I haven't used it in over a year. I hardly get the prompts to even activate it on either car. Tons of tire grinding like you said. Apparently new ussless autopark works much better. It's slow, but no more tire grinding and does better maneuvers. It can also initiate a park into a spot from much further away. Allowing you to pre pick the spot on the visualization instead of having to hunt for it with your cameras.

Like smart summon, I consider old autopark so bad that I forget it even exists.

I haven’t noticed it, but personally I don’t necessarily brake automatically when I see the brake lights come on on the car in front of me. Rather it prompts me to expect them to slow down and keep an eye on the distance between cars. I suspect FSD does something similar. It monitors the distance between you and the car in front of it and how fast it’s changing the uses that to gauge braking.
Agreed, just saying it recognizes the braking.