Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a pretty good v12.3.3 experience today.

The car recognized a tree branch in the road. It wasn’t huge…about 1/4” max diameter but it had a lot of branching so was basically a big 5’ diameter obstruction in the center of the road. No leaves so it wasn’t super obvious but probably would have scratched the paint on the car at least.

The car’s warning beeps went off and the car slowed down. I took over and went around it just to be safe, though in retrospect I should have let the car continue to see if it would have gone around. Disengaged earlier than I needed to. It happened quickly enough that I didn’t try to leave FSD engaged.

Also, chalk up 3 more 25-40 minute drives in light to moderate traffic with zero interventions today. Only big mistake was cutting a right turn too sharp and going through a pothole on the narrow shoulder of the road.

My profile this morning had a toggle that asked if I wanted to enable FSD Supervised. This in on my profile that has had FSD enabled for quite a while now. Looking in settings confirmed that was not disabled and I needed to enable it again.

As far as I know the car software hasn't changed, it still has 12.3.3. I don't know if this related to the reports of people having enabled without confirmation whereas it was the reverse for me. It could also relate to the loaner that I had which didn't have FSD enabled or our Model Y which did go backwards in software version and is now back forward 2023.44.30.30 (with FSD V12.3.1) but not quite the version it had before service.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
I got FSD disabled warning three times already (because I was not looking at the road, but on the screen and it didn't like it). I only have two more strikes left.

Question: What happens if I exhaust all my warnings? Will my FSD get disabled permanently and thats it? No recourse after that?
Now I have only one warning left. What happens after that?

Almost three of these strikes were because I was turning my head and talking to my passenger.

So what next ?

1712450232743.jpeg

Almost three of these strikes were because I was turning my head and talking to my passenger.
Seems justified. Your field of vision from the left when looking to the right is limited. I would suggest scanning the road ahead.

You’ll get booted for a week once you hit the limit.

EDIT: Yes, I hear the penalty is a week. I have zero strikes in 2.5 years on substantially more picky DMS than the current one, so I do not know.

Last edited:
More evidence that the car does NOT respond to hand signals. There were no instances here of the car advancing in response to hand signals (it advances for other reasons in all cases). Not clear if Tesla should walk back that claim. Seems dangerous to make.
Agree with you.
When approaching an UPL I've had cars flash their headlights at me to go first which FSD did. I thought that was cool until I realized FSD moved first only because the car slowed down a lot as it flashed its headlights.

My profile this morning had a toggle that asked if I wanted to enable FSD Supervised. This in on my profile that has had FSD enabled for quite a while now. Looking in settings confirmed that was not disabled and I needed to enable it again.

As far as I know the car software hasn't changed, it still has 12.3.3. I don't know if this related to the reports of people having enabled without confirmation whereas it was the reverse for me. It could also relate to the loaner that I had which didn't have FSD enabled or our Model Y which did go backwards in software version and is now back forward 2023.44.30.30 (with FSD V12.3.1) but not quite the version it had before service.
My 2018 M3 in SoCal recently updated to 12.3.3. Today I set my profile to no fsd and then when I wanted TACC, I found it was on fsd(s). No message other than the email.

And my MX up in Oregon is still on fsd 11.

Looking forward for another SpaceX launch hopefully visible from here in La Quinta at 7:20 pm.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I had to disengage v12.3.3 several times today while driving on city streets, due to the car going simply too fast.

I found it cruising along at 52 in a 35 mph zone a couple of times, and it wanted to do 42 in a 30 mph zone, etc... It felt totally safe at the speed it was driving, but I didn't want to risk a speed trap. I have it set to Automatic Speed control. It does occasionally drive a bit too slow, but that's easy to edge up with a press on the accelerator. Nothing to do to slow it down in that mode other than to disengage. I reported each disengagement to Tesla.

It does respond to the scroll wheel down in Auto Max. It's just a slightly delayed response per scroll.
I actually have tried this - and I swear it DID work. But more recently I have tried this and it did not respond even after a significant delay. I don’t understand this of course. I am virtually certain I got some response before. I don’t know whether it was 12.3 vs. 12.3.3 or just some weirdness.

My FSD also auto enabled without any confirmation. While playing with the scroll wheel can get annoying, speed limits are too arbitrary here, and also auto max wants to go too fast in residential areas so manual speed is still the better option.

I found playing around with FSD hard to resist, so I became a guinea pig once more and tried it out on some difficult intersections around here, some involving a place where two busy roads come together at a traffic light and where the no block zone is more than 100 feet long, and another part involving 3 narrow lanes with zero lane markings and no shoulders. The lanes should be there, but it’s end of winter.

The car actually handled it all very well, especially when I helped it with lane selection early on. I find it makes decisions and reacts to situations much later than an attentive driver would, so helping it out makes it work better. I would say it even drove better than a nervous or non local driver would have through this same area.

It has a long way to go still, but I can see some of the promise of robotaxi if they really drill in on a geographic zone, fix each regression and focus hard on safety and not crashing. Late decisions and bad lane selection don’t matter as much if a person is being chauffeured, as long as the thing doesn’t crash and as long as it doesn’t do illegal manoeuvres. It can apparently perform almost magically well in some crazy situations, so to see it flake out and fail so badly in other much simpler situations is flabbergasting. Still, Waymo is the proof that at least in theory, it should be possible. If the hardware can handle it is another question but I guess we’re in the process of finding that out!

It does respond to the scroll wheel down in Auto Max. It's just a slightly delayed response per scroll.
I have a similar experience to @Rikster. I have not been able to get my car to slow down in auto speed with downward scrolling.

Edit: oh, disregard. I had the “Incur Speeding Tickets” option enabled. /s

Took delivery today and got a used 2018 with 12.3.3.

The car was $24,600 before tax credit and the tax credit has a cap at $25,000. I couldn't get permanent FSD and still get the $4,000 instant credit.

The car was delivered with FSD 12.3.3 installed. I don't know if the prior owner paid for the FSD computer upgrade or if Tesla did it between owners.

Cameras just finished syncing enough to allow regular autopilot Saturday afternoon. Should be able to enable Supervised FSD sometime Sunday. 99% calibrated after dinner and I had the willpower to stay home the rest of the night changing other settings (adding addresses and such)

I got the 30 day FSD trial staring on the day of delivery even though the cameras weren't calibrated.

I did not get a FSD demo from the delivery center staff.

They did NOT give me a mobile connector or a USB drive. I had bought a mobile connector in a prior year to charge my Nissan leafs (using an adapter) so I'm not hurting there but I would like to have had a 2nd one. I ordered a USB drive from Amazon so I'll be able to enable shutdown sounds and sentry and such in couple of days.

The car does still have the Intel Atom processor and has one scratch on the paint job, oh and no heated steering wheel. Other than that it seems pretty much perfect.

Drive better? Honestly 4 strikes in a month or less is clearly a user issue.
With V12 going out to the masses this will most likely become a common occurrence. Most of the beta users have had time to adjust to the 5 strike process. I also think the chance of reducing wheel nags anytime soon is now off the table.