Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So are you asking if Waymo is responding to users saying FSD V12 is great? No, they do not respond to users on Twitter. Why would they? Probably the closest to a response was at SXSW, Tekedra said that Tesla FSD is L2/L3 hybrid. They have said that Tesla is doing a driver assist while they are doing full autonomy. So Waymo does not see Tesla FSD as a threat, if that is what you are asking.
Haha, that's because Waymo sees losing multiple billions a year a threat. Tesla is the last thing they are worried about.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
So are you asking if Waymo is responding to users saying FSD V12 is great? No, they do not respond to users on Twitter. Why would they? Probably the closest to a response was at SXSW, Tekedra said that Tesla FSD is L2/L3 hybrid. They have said that Tesla is doing a driver assist while they are doing full autonomy. So Waymo does not see Tesla FSD as a threat, if that is what you are asking.

I'm assuming you're referring to the current FSD implementation not what Elon is announcing on August 8th?

Reactions: enemji
I'm assuming you're referring to the current FSD implementation not what Elon is announcing on August 8th?

Correct. I am referring to the reports by users about their V12 experience.

EDIT: If Tesla does reveal a dedicated robotaxi vehicle on 8/8, my guess is Waymo will ignore it. Waymo tends to focus much more on their own efforts rather than reacting to what others do. Waymo does not even respond to Cruise news and Cruise is a direct competitor. When asked about the Cruise incidents and getting shut down, Dolgov deflected and refused to answer.

This, and other examples, are a good reason to think that eventually signs will need to be held to some sort of "machine-recognizable" standards to make self-driving cars safer.
Yes. Now is the time to start designing roads and signs that work best with self-driving cars. Sure, we currently have to work with what we've got, but smarter standards will help.

For example, I think just slapping TRUCK above a speed limit sign should not be allowed, and my Tesla can't understand it.

1000000878.jpg

Yes. Now is the time to start designing roads and signs that work best with self-driving cars. Sure, we currently have to work with what we've got, but smarter standards will help.

For example, I think just slapping TRUCK above a speed limit sign should not be allowed, and my Tesla can't understand it.

View attachment 1037864
Those are traps - these signs were made so that English illiterate fks would end up paying huge fines

Had my second drive on V12.3.4 coming from V11. I am not that impressed. Yes, it is better than V11 but marginally so. It still has some slight phantom braking, I still have to use the accelerator to help it move. It still does some odd lane choises and it doesn’t use indicators entering and exiting roundabouts at all.

However, I can understand that if you use the trial and never experienced FSD before that you will be flabbergasted. For me, however, coming from V11 = not so much.

Now is the time to start designing roads and signs that work best with self-driving cars.
It might be a tad easier to update a database that the autonomous cars have access to.

It is my hope that, in years to come, we can melt down all the road signs, traffic lights and so on. Remove the lane markers. Let the cars sort it out among themselves using whatever rules of the road they consider best.

Had my second drive on V12.3.4 coming from V11. I am not that impressed. Yes, it is better than V11 but marginally so. It still has some slight phantom braking, I still have to use the accelerator to help it move. It still does some odd lane choises and it doesn’t use indicators entering and exiting roundabouts at all.

However, I can understand that if you use the trial and never experienced FSD before that you will be flabbergasted. For me, however, coming from V11 = not so much.
I feel like it used to over use turn signals at roundabouts and now it barely uses them at all(much like real humans).

Roundabout performance is night and day vs v11. I tried it under heavy traffic and it has been perfect vs before it would hesitate, slam on the brakes, ping pong speed around and I had to press the accelerator through the entire thing. Today it has been absolutely perfect(single lane roundabouts from my experience).

Same section of road:
V11: Ahhhh! I'm about to make a right turn and have no idea what lane I should be in. I know - let's try both!
V12: Effin' lane lines. Dey ain't da boss of me! Ima turn right!
(the yellow sign at 2s is a "Through traffic merge left" sign)
That’s a strange road to be sure. Seems like a recent road diet? Just fill it in with some grass or something already.

Reactions: TjckTock
It might be a tad easier to update a database that the autonomous cars have access to.

It is my hope that, in years to come, we can melt down all the road signs, traffic lights and so on. Remove the lane markers. Let the cars sort it out among themselves using whatever rules of the road they consider best.
There’s already places like this today 😁:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben W and JB47394

In the release notes it looks like it just adds support for legacy vehicles. Didn’t look like they changed anything, although some say curb visualizations are larger, but it still drives close to them. Who knows with the mystery that is release notes. I don’t notice any difference yet on my normal routes.