Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was in Roseville today. V12.3.4 handled this intersection just as badly as V11. It has a super long turn lane. Both V11 and v12 never tries to enter it.

Green line is where the car should be. Red line is where it tries to go
1713416521280.png

Was in Roseville today. V12.3.4 handled this intersection just as badly as V11. It has a super long turn lane. Both V11 and v12 never tries to enter it.

View attachment 1039552

Tesla engineers needs to drive up to Roseville from Fremont and film this intersection and feed it to the NN.

Last edited:
After less than a week on 12.3.4, I desperately want to roll back to 11.x. So far:
  • CA-17 lane centering is way worse than before (or at least feels worse to me), and honestly, worse than pre-FSDb releases were.
  • There's no way to engage TACC anymore (without parking the car and turning off FSDb), so when you try to correct its bad steering, your car suddenly slows down at a rate that is potentially dangerous.
  • There's no way to engage TACC anymore (without parking the car and turning off FSDb), so the only alternative is full manual driving with no cruise control, which is just plain miserable.
  • Thus far, every time my car has needed to cross a bike lane to enter a right turn lane, it has failed to do so, requiring manual intervention. That's at least two different bike lanes with two different designs. Both were handled just fine in 11.x every time, and both are failing reliably in 12.3.4.
  • Yesterday on an exit ramp onto a city street, a car slowed down in front of me, and the car went full "Automatic Emergency Braking" on me and then forced me to take over. It braked so hard that it physically hurt me.
Maybe some aspects of driving have improved, but I haven't really seen any obvious improvements. The only thing I've seen are regressions, and the regressions are so severe that Tesla should seriously halt the rollout. This isn't even remotely good enough for a wide rollout.

Yeah I understand the situation and that’s not cool. Visibility looks fine.

Overcreep into the traffic lane. Not even sure how it happened. I think that extra lane is for parking (except where prohibited by signage), not for turning.
To be clear, the car DIDNT creep into an uncomfortable part of the traffic lane. Humans mostly do. The other driver yielded for an unspecific reason. I believe because they'd seem us sitting there stopped and felt inclined to "be nice". So actually fsd handled it better than most people who drive this route. Hopefully this clarifies.

Google maps also doesn't quite capture how much that parked car blocks the visibility even for a human. He never moves his car. I drive this route almost daily. I understand what you're saying though.

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
The hesitantly for 12.3.4 to make turns either from a stop sign (left it right) or a right on red is ridiculous. The view isn’t obstructed, and there is no traffic, it just sits there, inching forward, taking forever to complete the maneuver. I always intervene with the accelerator. It doesn’t happen all the time, but a majority of my drives have this issue, along with poor lane choices. This is on chill, average or assertive.

Anyone else see this? The other day I was on the interstate (I-64 in Virginia). FSD engaged (12.3.4). The car got confused and was actually on auto max speed, which usually doesn’t happen on the interstate.

The car went to 84 mph (traffic usually goes about 75 here, speed limit 70) and my attempts to slow down via the scroll wheel by scrolling down were ignored. It’s a little hard to see but it dropped to 83 and then went right back to 84. Too fast.

I can never get the car to slow down via the scroll wheel while auto max is enabled.
I disengaged right after this clip. My foot is resting near but not pressing the accelerator.

Last edited:
Anyone else see this? The other day I was on the interstate (I-64 in Virginia). FSD engaged (12.3.4). The car got confused and was actually on auto max speed, which usually doesn’t happen on the interstate.

The car went to 84 mph (traffic usually goes about 75 here, speed limit 70) and my attempts to slow down via the scroll wheel by scrolling down were ignored. It’s a little hard to see but it dropped to 83 and then went right back to 84. Too fast.

I can never get the car to slow down via the scroll wheel while auto max is enabled.
I disengaged right after this clip. My foot is resting near but not pressing the accelerator.
People in the past (including me) have had a similar problem in V10 with it switching from NoA to FSD Beta stack on the Interstate. Most thought it was likely the car was confusing thinking it was on a side or crossing street. But there was never a consensus.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
People in the past (including me) have had a similar problem in V10 with it switching from NoA to FSD Beta stack on the Interstate. Most thought it was likely the car was confusing thinking it was on a side or crossing street. But there was never a consensus.
Didn’t mind having auto max on the interstate—I just want to be able to limit the max speed manually, and it’s disconcerting when the only way to slow down is to disengage.

yeah, i don't like "auto max....." and inability to lower speed with scroll wheel, had me doing in the mid 50's on a 40 max divided median residential street.

I'm also very familiar with I-64 both east and west of richmond, va

Reactions: VanFriscia
yeah, i don't like "auto max....." and inability to lower speed with scroll wheel, had me doing in the mid 50's on a 40 max divided median residential street.

I'm also very familiar with I-64 both east and west of richmond, va
This was near Williamsburg/Newport News. I’ve never seen it switch to auto max before there however.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
This was near Williamsburg/Newport News. I’ve never seen it switch to auto max before there however.
The problem is it incorrectly switched from the V11 stack to the V12 stack (used to happen occasionally in V10 with NoA stack switching to FSD Beta stack) and once this happened then it is the same as being on city streets in Auto Speed. It is just a fluke of having 2 separate stacks that must hand over control to the other at a relative time.

Hopefully Elon will have another "V12 one stack to rule them all soon" tweet.

Last edited:

Yes. This is awful. I often have it barreling into a 35mph speed zone from a 45 at 52mph. If there’s a speed trap, you’re getting a ticket. I always disengage and let regen slow me down to the appropriate speed. Back on 10.x.x it did this as well, just coasted for a day to slow down to speed limit changes.

View attachment 1039552
Had the same issue yesterday (12.3.4) on an intersection in MD even with a significantly shorter turn lane.

• Informative
Reactions: Sean Wagner
  • There's no way to engage TACC anymore (without parking the car and turning off FSDb), so when you try to correct its bad steering, your car suddenly slows down at a rate that is potentially dangerous.
  • There's no way to engage TACC anymore (without parking the car and turning off FSDb), so the only alternative is full manual driving with no cruise control, which is just plain miserable.
Actually, I think you can switch from FSD to TACC/AP without going to park, but you can't switch back to FSD. (Well, you actually can there as well, if you use a TACC and FSD driver's profile and switch profiles.)

I found a workaround to the problem of lane change refusals.

Hold the turn signal. Force the signal until the lane change completes.

I just went out and tried it. I had a couple lane changes that looked to be head fakes, where it will normally complete after wandering, but I had one that was a clear refusal as the car sat hard against the lane line for a half second or so. Normally, the car would just not make that lane change, but holding the turn signal throughout made sure that it completed the change.

Something else I noticed is that the car voluntarily moved into the right lane (of two). I had no destination, so this was the car getting right, as it should. My lane change head fakes and the one attempted refusal were, I think, going against FSD's lane choice, which is why it does those things. I think we're telling FSD to change lanes, but a moment later it's internally reasserting its own lane choice, and that's the source of the head fakes and the outright refusals. The difference may be down to timing, or just random chance of how strong the "stay in lane" signal is.